British Speedway Forum
Friddy75

Sheffield 2013

Im not missing the point and agree with your comment but how can any rider be expected to ride for less than the prvious year ? If they earn less through injury or poor form then so be it,Thats life,I dont know what deal he was on but knowing sheffield promotion it wont have been top dollar.So if we dont get ricky who do you think will ride for us on the money thats on offer ? As it stands if we get ricky and hally we are 1 1/2 points under the limit.Alot of pressure on the new lads to sustain their averages.

I and many others are working for less than last year. I don't condone this but it's either that or find another job. Why should any sports people be protected from the economic realties of life under the coalition government. It is the lower paid workers/manual workers that are suffering because of Cameron and his mate; many speedway followers fall in to this bracket. If they are suffering this has to have a knock on effect on the sport and if you are to balance the books that will affect riders.

True and thats why the last 2 riders are important because many supporters wont tolerate another poor season.Lets hope its sorted soon and we have a more successfull season.

Dakota North instead of Hally. :wink:

I wish!!! And I'll bet a lot of others also do. But 3-2-1 "you're back in the room."

• Like 2

Just watched Richard Hall-Tiger 2012 DVD. Excellent viewing. Really enjoyed it.

What I am saying is why do the club pursue a rider who stated last season that he lost money riding for Sheffield for one reason or another. Why do they offer him less money for this year. surely you know what the answer is going to be, why not look for alternative riders.

The club has budget fair enough but why go for a rider who yuo simply cannot afford.

Obviously, we only have Ricky's word that he actually lost money last season - no-one actually know the reality.

I do know that if I were trying to negotiate a better deal for this year, I would maybe consider making the claim that I lost money on the previous year's deal.

It's the oldest trick in the book - ask any used car salesman.

. It is the lower paid workers/manual workers that are suffering because of Cameron and his mate .

Funny,i thought they were suffering before hand also!!!

If Wells lost money at Sheff last year then many many other riders did the same

Its put to him to rack up the points for his club and make a few quid for himself---its not Sheffield speedways fault he lost money

• Like 1

So, Dakota North? Come on Hoggy let's do this! He would be a wonder at Owlerton. Team would be:

1. Stead

2. Haines

3. North

4. Koppe

5. Wells (heat 13 advantage big time with Stead with him)

6. Albin

7. Knight

Best team avaliable. I have my fingers crossed!

• Like 1

Perhaps if he had put more effort in after missing the gate he might have earned a bit more.

• Like 4

it seems to look like we are stuck with hally so if north comes it will be for ricky wells and i dont think he would be as good as wells away from sheffield but may be better athome seem to remember north doing very well sheffield at times

Dakota North instead of Hally. :wink:

Don't know why everyone is so keen to get rid of Hally. I know his away performances can be a bit ropey, but I watch speedway predominantly at Owlerton and I go to be entertained. Of all the riders who've turned out in yellow and blue since Josh left, Hally is the one who can be relied on to produce the magic moment with a dart round the boards. It looks as though we're keeping him and I for one welcome that.

The conversation on twitter between Wells and Haines suggests that the former is not going to be announced as our next signing anytime soon.

If

We have signed Dakota North I would prefer

North/ Wells

But if we have I think it will be more likely be.

North/ Hall.