British Speedway Forum
Friddy75

Sheffield 2013

Shame, always thought he would be the next big thing, but just didnt happen when he was over here.

Hope next season Sheffield bring back the "Top Gun" individual, that meeting unearthed a few rough diamonds. Remember when Darcy rode in that.

You couldn't fit him in by .01 is probably the only reason that he isn't in your team and that's why you've got Edberg.

Please feel free to correct me if I'm way off the mark. I do know that you've got one of the best number ones in the league and can't wait to see him come to Sheffield. Always entertaining Ricky Smashworth as the Berwick fans named him a few years ago!

The club announced that when Alden decided that he wasnt coming that put an end to Albin,though I must say that if your keen enough on a rider then you should sign that rider.I hope Albin is a success at Sheffield but it might be a case of one step back before two foward.

• Like 2

Facundo Albin should have most definately been signed by Berwick in my opinion, i think Sheffields gain is Berwicks loss...

At the forum in the Black & Gold before Christmas when the team was announced, Ian Rae explained that the reason Albin wasn't signed was because with Seb Alden not returning, the team would not have as much top end fire power and it was felt it was more important to get the balance of the team right without taking any risks, good luck to Albin and Sheffield anyway

Wells will be in a great frame of mind to ride for Sheffield , he has only signed because he cannot ride for Wolves if he didnt !

If you thought he was mardy last season whats he gonna be like in the coming season on reduced money ?

At the forum in the Black & Gold before Christmas when the team was announced, Ian Rae explained that the reason Albin wasn't signed was because with Seb Alden not returning, the team would not have as much top end fire power and it was felt it was more important to get the balance of the team right without taking any risks, good luck to Albin and Sheffield anyway

Yet Sheffield take 3 risks on the back of a dire season !

That's the promoters decision. Imo they are taking a massive risk with the future of Sheffield Speedway. But i hope it work's out . If it does we could be in for an entertaining season.

Apparently the two riders who were waiting in the wings or banging the door down were Hynek Stichauer and Taylor Poole.

Apparently the two riders who were waiting in the wings or banging the door down were Hynek Stichauer and Taylor Poole.

Stichaeur, Poole and Wells...part of that fantastic Stoke team of 2011...

Ricky is a great signing for us, make no mistake. The Sheffield fans really need to get behind him and show him support!

Because of the slow start last season( don't forget he was riding for Plymouth the season before, on a totally different track),the Sheffield fans didn't take him to there hearts, he was expected to produce straight away and obviously he didn't really do that!

By the second half of the season he looked a different rider. As for the new deal, we are all within our rights to negotiate, the only problem for Ricky is that it came out in the press! Don't knock him for stalling on the deal, nobody knows for sure the real ins and outs of that situation. Time to get behind him. Good luck Ricky!

Glad rickys signed lets hope we have a good season,Some big gambles have been taken lets hope they pay off.If not ,lets hope we dont stand by riders who are not performing and make changes early.Big season ahead and about time we won something again.

Well that is it then Sheffield Speedway team starting 7.

Not the best starting 7, but better than the previous one.

The final signing Ricky Wells is a good one, I think he took time to get his set up right for Sheffield but certainly got that sorted towards the end of last season. But I think that he has proved by his Elite League form that he can beat good riders and I think that we will see have a far better season in Sheffield colours this season.

Of the rumoured riders that were set to take jump in place of Ricky Wells if he did not sign.

Stichauer, is more of a 2nd string than a heatleader.

Poole; Might have been worth a shot, but seems to fall of a lot and get injured fairly easily, but would have been exciting.

Nedermark; Not too sure if he would have cut it riding Sheffield week in week out, but Squall would have loved it.

I think we have gotten the best option left to the club with Wells.

The rest of the team.

Stead will lead the team well, and should score decent points

Hall will do it around Sheffield, but definitely needs to do the business away far more than he did last season and previous seasons, and this has too be his very last chance.

Haines, completed what was a bit of a rehabilitation season last season, and the winning of the British Under 21 title gave him loads of confidence and it was noticeable that he was a better rider after that meeting. I can see improving on his starting average, not massively but I think he will make improvements.

The other three will be unknown quantities nobody really know what is going to happen with them.

Albin has a riding style that I think will excite the Sheffield speedway public, but I think he will struggle on some of the smaller tight tracks.

Koppe, is the one that I have a feeling might be the better of the three.

Kinight, the one that I worry about, but he has good people behind him and this is big chance lets hope he takes that chance.

At present things stand we are probably looking at mid table at best, but how many times do we see teams finish with the team that they start with, a few changes in the riding personnel and things could be a bit different.

• Like 1

Well i'm looking forward to the season...we've seen "great" teams put together before only for them to fail...there is always a surprise package(in most sports)why cant it be us.Lets all wait and see eh?...c'mon Tigers.

Well i'm looking forward to the season...we've seen "great" teams put together before only for them to fail...there is always a surprise package(in most sports)why cant it be us.Lets all wait and see eh?...c'mon Tigers.

Actually surprised myself how much I am looking forward to it myself.

Be interesting to see how the team actually go on.

Actually surprised myself how much I am looking forward to it myself.

Be interesting to see how the team actually go on.

You never know spin king....you never know...the teams now confirmed nothing left to do but get behind em!