British Speedway Forum
Friddy75

Sheffield 2013

As for using Berwick as your benchmark - wasn't this the club who signed a load of expensive riders and then said they may not be able to run because they hadn't got a sponsor? Be lucky if they complete the season - maybe that's why you "break even" after so few meetings.

Expensive riders? I thought I read that these guys had taken a slight wage cut cos we've stuck to the new wage cap?!? Maybe they've come to us cos we now have other perks at Berwick... An air fence... Fans who take care of their riders with sponsorship... A promotion going places... major meetings... And now a new major sponsor... These guys wanted to be with us and we are so happy to have them! Hope you have a good 2013 season... I know as a Berwick fan I will be :-p

• Like 1

Expensive riders? I thought I read that these guys had taken a slight wage cut cos we've stuck to the new wage cap?!? Maybe they've come to us cos we now have other perks at Berwick... An air fence... Fans who take care of their riders with sponsorship... A promotion going places... major meetings... And now a new major sponsor... These guys wanted to be with us and we are so happy to have them! Hope you have a good 2013 season... I know as a Berwick fan I will be :-p

Ah you have fans that take care of their riders. there's the difference. So instead of the promotion having to pay the riders high points money because of the cap, the fans give them a bit of nice tax free sponsorship. Maybe that's why they pay less for the tickets: they're paying the riders direct. No sign of any Supporter backed support for Sheffield though. From what I see on here, people just whinge and hope it all goes wrong.

Or maybe they were just simply offered good points money and deals for 2013? :P

TBH its 99.999% the reason why riders sign for a club

Or maybe they were just simply offered good points money and deals for 2013? :P

TBH its 99.999% the reason why riders sign for a club

Maybe so... But I doubt it's extravagant money! As a small town club who also have plenty other outgoings it would be extremely hard for us to splash the cash! Berwick fans do take care of their riders where they can... And I believe that is an influence of some sort on who we have riding for us this season!

Fans that .take care of their riders.

How do you know that Sheffield fans don't help with sponsorship?

Perhaps maybe some of us don't have to come on a forum and brag about the fact we have sponsored riders.

Fans that .take care of their riders.

How do you know that Sheffield fans don't help with sponsorship?

Perhaps maybe some of us don't have to come on a forum and brag about the fact we have sponsored riders.

What got up your knickers? I ain't bragged about anything... I've simply said our fans look after people who don our colours with that little bit extra sponsorship... Tell me where the bragging is!

Just you go back and put your nice slippers and cardigan back on... There's a good boy :wink:

What got up your knickers? I ain't bragged about anything... I've simply said our fans look after people who don our colours with that little bit extra sponsorship... Tell me where the bragging is!

Just you go back and put your nice slippers and cardigan back on... There's a good boy :wink:

http://www.staars.co.uk/

So do Sheffield fans, some do it through the official organisation others do it on a personal basis.

And you know I am not allowed to wear my cardy anymore. :lol:

Well Mr 10% you failed to PM me didn't you? I did ask you to PM me if you had anything positive to post; I nearly missed it. Two of your mates gainfully employed is positive isn't it? But your so used to been negative you couldn't even see the positive in that. I am personally stunned. Next time try and work it out; in fact let me help; if there is a modicum of good news in anything you are thinking of posting do let me know in advance, as previously requested.

Mr 10% WTF ????

If only you knew the truth ... and the truth is quite the opposite actually !

http://www.staars.co.uk/

So do Sheffield fans, some do it through the official organisation others do it on a personal basis.

And you know I am not allowed to wear my cardy anymore. :lol:

I wouldn't describe S*T*A*R*S as the official organisation although we do currently enjoy a very good relationship with the promotion. We have currently distributed just over £40,000 so I guess we've made some kind of impact.

I do my best to ensure the S*T*A*R*S funds are distributed where they are most needed and always take good heed of members feedback. If anyone feels they would like to offer help to our riders without making direct contact then S*T*A*R*S is the way and I would be more than welcome to hear from you.

If you are already a member and have any great ideas about how best to distribute funds then please let me know.

If you would like to join us helping the Tigers my email is g_ridsdale@hotmail.com

I can't wait to see our new assets on the track but won't be indulging in a season ticket this year for the first time for over ten years as holiday commitments mean it would be a complete financial faux pas. Especially considering I don't use the car park and prefer to drink real ale.

Season ticket no longer holds much appeal to me as I do not use car park or bar. Does anyone know if the Tiger tokens can be used in the snack bar (or even the restauranr), or just the public bar. If they are not used one week can you use them the following week?

To all Tigers fans, we will be having our next STAARS gathering on Thursday 7th February 2013 from 8pm at the New Barrack Tavern on Penistone Road, Sheffield (0.5miles south-east of Owlerton Stadium.) 

As always its a chance for Tigers fans to catch up during the closed season and talk about all things speedway and have a few beverages at the home of speedway drinking in Sheffield.

All are welcome!

Looks like the Argentinian Tiger is doing OK at home.

Current scoring in their International Championship after eight rounds:

1-Nicolas Covatti 167pts

2-Facundo Albin 106 pts

3-Lisandro Husman 106pts

4-Mariusz Fierlej (Poland) 102pts

5-Matija Duh (Slovenia) 97pts

6-Jonathan Iturre 97pts

7-Gino Franchetti (Italy) 92pts

8-Matej Kus (Czech Republic) 84pts

9-Alejandro Ruiz 63pts

10-Fernando Garcia 43pts

11-Norbert Magosi (Hungary) 41pts

12-Julio Romano 37pts

Given that the leader, Covatti, has two years' experience in Europe (GP Wildcard even!) and scored well enough in the Elite League, it seems that Facundo -- who has beaten him a few times this winter -- might just be a decent scorer for Sheffield.

• Like 2

Looks like the Argentinian Tiger is doing OK at home.

Given that the leader, Covatti, has two years' experience in Europe (GP Wildcard even!) and scored well enough in the Elite League, it seems that Facundo -- who has beaten him a few times this winter -- might just be a decent scorer for Sheffield.

You can't post that; we don't want any positive stuff; Mr 20% will be after you (I thought it was 10% but clearly got it wrong earlier).
  • Like 2

just read speedway star i know last years team was bad and had no team sprit but not as bad as it reads in that mag what to say this years will be ant better with same management team wise