British Speedway Forum
Derwent

Comets In Trouble

Not the case at all, but does it REALLY come as any surprise that the toys have been chucked. Five years of inability to interact with human beings, whether its the ever lengthening list of riders who have jumped ship, to volunteers and fans that have been cleared out. Now it's all "lets get behind the promotion".

No, get behind the CLUB,

Show other would be promoters that it is still a viable proposition to run Speedway in Workington.

As a post I've seen before Man Utd fand dont agree with their promoters, but still turn out in force every week to support the CLUB, as indeed do the RANGERS Fans. If we want speedway we need all fans past and present to put bums on seats over the next few weeks irrespective of their feelings towards the management, or there will be no seats to put bums on!!!

• Like 4

if i quote the truth does that make me any less a fan than if i tell lies sorry but i only wrote what happened so maybe you want me to stop paying my money every week and stop being a fan

he banned another only last week for coments posted on a forum says a lot dosnt it

So you think your comments on here are making the situation better by slagging off all the time, haven't seen anything positive coming from you ,

Obviously doesn't know who you are :wink::D

Everyone is entitled to their opinion I agree, but really now is not the time to post negative comments against Workington Speedway, at the end if the day it is coming down to one thing and one thing only "Do you want Workington Speedway to close" ???? No if's and but's but its simple really . We have been given a lifeline as supporters to show that we want to keep speedway here in Worky and I for one along with many others and the guys with me this morning at the SOS rally round will not give up without fighting first :approve: .

So please do us all a favour and keep your comments for another time another place .

It went well thanks, we had a talk from George our WSSC chairman , who had, had a meeting with Keith yesterday. And yes for all you knockers of Worky out there Keith is like us and doesn't want to close the doors !! A few photos and interviews and the crack was very positive .

We have had awful luck with the weather,injuries especially so far this season but theres still a chance . Now is the time folks lets work alongside Keith for once and if those gates rise over the next few weeks it could be a very happy winter . If we get to the 1000 mark on Saturday every adult can take their entry ticket and get a fiver back !!!!.

So come on get back Saturday we have everything to play for, the play-offs, 2 cup semis, and Kyle Howarth returns with possibly Tero and become the saviours of Workington Speedway :t:

SAVE OUR SPEEDWAY ---- SAVE WORKINGTON COMETS !!!!!!

Really hope thats going in the Press, could make all the differnce.

Now for all the knockers, the mans lost money over the last few weeks, yet is still prepared to give you cash back, can't all be bad can it!!

Really hope thats going in the Press, could make all the differnce.

Now for all the knockers, the mans lost money over the last few weeks, yet is still prepared to give you cash back, can't all be bad can it!!

I would imagine it will be in the press, times and star man said it was right

no one wants to see any club close the doors and i wasn't going to travel up from leicester on sat but if it helps worky's plight then four of us are now comming up.i am sure all worky fan's will do their bit but denham needs to do his as well,gain a bit of respect from his paying customers would be a good start.

• Like 4

So you think your comments on here are making the situation better by slagging off all the time, haven't seen anything positive coming from you ,

Obviously doesn't know who you are :wink::D

denham does know who i am

keith has had enough but i do believe he would like the speedway to continue but he must change his "my way or no way atittude" for it to continue under his running

and not all my posts are slagging off as you call it

but lets face it all keiths pree releases slag the fans off for not going he never says the crowd done us prood or anything he dosnt keep us informed about what is going on we get nothing wake up and take the blinkers off im not affraid to speak my mind thats my right ive not said anything thats not true so nothing to worry about

no one wants to see any club close the doors and i wasn't going to travel up from leicester on sat but if it helps worky's plight then four of us are now comming up.i am sure all worky fan's will do their bit but denham needs to do his as well,gain a bit of respect from his paying customers would be a good start.

thank you for showing your support not only to your own team but to help 1 in trouble
  • Like 1

Agree Topaz ive just about given up on this forum yes even me lol majority is negative and during this tough time its upsetting to read the idiots posts.... :-(:-(

LONG LIVE WORKINGTON SPEEDWAY

• Like 1

Whilst there is little doubt that some factors that determine the success or failure of a club's season cannot be influenced by the promoter, such as injuries, weather, the economy, etc., there are more that can. As proven by the Newport debacle, alienating a fair proportion of your regular supporters and then building a potentially expensive team beyond your means is a sure fire route to financial disaster, unless you are prepared to lose money week after week.

If you want to make money out of running a speedway club in the current climate, you must keep ALL of your loyal supporters on side and build a team that is within your budget. This is no guarantee of success, but certainly improves your chances! Take Glasgow for example, who are obviously struggling financially but you seldom, if ever, see a negative comment about their promotion from their own fans.

We all hope the Comets will survive long term, whether under the current owner or another. Good luck!

• Like 1

Whilst there is little doubt that some factors that determine the success or failure of a club's season cannot be influenced by the promoter, such as injuries, weather, the economy, etc., there are more that can. As proven by the Newport debacle, alienating a fair proportion of your regular supporters and then building a potentially expensive team beyond your means is a sure fire route to financial disaster, unless you are prepared to lose money week after week.

If you want to make money out of running a speedway club in the current climate, you must keep ALL of your loyal supporters on side and build a team that is within your budget. This is no guarantee of success, but certainly improves your chances! Take Glasgow for example, who are obviously struggling financially but you seldom, if ever, see a negative comment about their promotion from their own fans.

We all hope the Comets will survive long term, whether under the current owner or another. Good luck!

Think he built the team based on lower crowd figures than the previous season, as stated elsewhere 1200 -1300 1st meeting, 500 last meeting!

Think he built the team based on lower crowd figures than the previous season, as stated elsewhere 1200 -1300 1st meeting, 500 last meeting!

So how do you lose 60% of your audience so quickly? Can't blame it on a losing team in this case. Worrying times!

• Like 1

I thought Workington employed a PR company at the start of this season, that was going to have fans flooding in, or at least increase the numbers, did they not take it on ?

I thought Workington employed a PR company at the start of this season, that was going to have fans flooding in, or at least increase the numbers, did they not take it on ?

dont ask lol promises undelivered i think......

No, get behind the CLUB,

Show other would be promoters that it is still a viable proposition to run Speedway in Workington.

As a post I've seen before Man Utd fand dont agree with their promoters, but still turn out in force every week to support the CLUB, as indeed do the RANGERS Fans. If we want speedway we need all fans past and present to put bums on seats over the next few weeks irrespective of their feelings towards the management, or there will be no seats to put bums on!!!

Please dont try snd apply sense or even a solution pal. :o

Edited by stoneylegend

If we get to 1000 mark on Saturday every adult can take their entry ticket and get a fiver back.

Is there ANY mention of this ANYWHERE, online, in printed matter, or broadcast in the media?

There's nothing whatsoever on he official website, apart from the copy & pasted Supporters' Club Wednesday morning get together since Ashley Morris apparently did okay in a meeting at Sheffield - not even a mention of the Glasgow match.

Unless of course, irrespective of how many cough up their £15, the attendance will be in three figures....

Not exactly making an effort to drag the punters in.

Is there ANY mention of this ANYWHERE, online, in printed matter, or broadcast in the media?

There's nothing whatsoever on he official website, apart from the copy & pasted Supporters' Club Wednesday morning get together since Ashley Morris apparently did okay in a meeting at Sheffield - not even a mention of the Glasgow match.

Unless of course, irrespective of how many cough up their £15, the attendance will be in three figures....

Not exactly making an effort to drag the punters in

Now that I've wet myself and lost a pound of fat with laughing at that comment I can't be arsed to reply (shame I won the lottery last week,it was only a £1,000,000, was £2,000,000 week ago, xxxx it think I,ll tear the ticket up!!)