British Speedway Forum

am i missing something here swindon have nothing to swap

I think most of us realise that Hans, unfortunately, isn't a Swindon asset. The point remains the same- rumours have it, apparently, that Harris is coming to Swindon and Hans going to Brandon.

The thought of it makes my heart sink I have to say. For a starter Hans speaks better English. :blink:

Edited by BuzzCagney
  • Like 4

I think most of us realise that Hans, unfortunately, isn't a Swindon asset. The point remains the same- rumours have it, apparently, that Harris is coming to Swindon and Hans going to Brandon.

The thought of it makes my heart sink I have to say. For a starter Hans speaks better English. :blink:

the rumours could we'll be true,but i'd guess the chances of hans riding for the bees are slim with there current promotion in place
  • Like 1

I like Harris, and if he came to Swindon, he would do well maybe i am wrong but i didn't always think Hans was great away.At home he was outstanding a great captain, Harris i have watched since Trelawney and have always enjoyed watching him ride if he could get his equipment sorted he will be fine.The good thing for me is the riders that are banded about i like all of them Hans, Rory,Bomber, (Batch i certainly want back as he will push on) so in a way who ever is chosen it wouldn't bother me either way.Cook though could be another worth a thought on a low average has bags of potential.

the rumours could we'll be true,but i'd guess the chances of hans riding for the bees are slim with there current promotion in place

No Harris for me at Blunsdon thanks, Hope Coventry keep him. Any team but the Robins :mad: Edited by Red Robin
  • Like 3

Really can't understand that Red Robin. Harris is a fantastic racer who would be 100% for the club. Great potential to improve at Blunsdon, English, totally committed and would provide great entertainment both home and away. Without his GP commitments i reckon he has the ability to reach an 8 .5 to 9 point average.

Don't get me wrong, Hans was brilliant for us this year, but he is around 36 years old and probably seen his best days now. Bomber on the other hand is reaching his peak. He just needs to get some gating lessons from Zengi!!

• Like 1

Totally disagree ER. Bomber has gone downhill for the last 2 years, at Belle Vue , Coventry this year and the G.P.s. Can't even win the British Championship. Think if we signed him, we would have a 2011 situation on our hands. In fact someone on the Poole 2013 thread (post 394) on here has said he is way behind when everyone else is at the first corner. Even Coventry fans have been complaining about him this year. I don't share your enthusiasm.

Edited by Red Robin
  • Like 3

Thou i have my doubts about Harris thre are some plus factors ...No Gp's, a track he can race on and also the mighty Rosco to help out .

Harris has had massive downs in his speedway life but a move away from Cov might just give him the spark he needs to be decent if not great .

Thou i have my doubts about Harris thre are some plus factors ...No Gp's, a track he can race on and also the mighty Rosco to help out .

Harris has had massive downs in his speedway life but a move away from Cov might just give him the spark he needs to be decent if not great .

I agree he needs a change and a better track than Coventry serve up.

What, like he had in the GPs?? :P

• Like 2

Think he needs some of those special engines that Darcy and Chris use

Totally disagree ER. Bomber has gone downhill for the last 2 years, at Belle Vue , Coventry this year and the G.P.s. Can't even win the British Championship. Think if we signed him, we would have a 2011 situation on our hands. In fact someone on the Poole 2013 thread (post 394) on here has said he is way behind when everyone else is at the first corner. Even Coventry fans have been complaining about him this year. I don't share your enthusiasm.

Fair enough Red Robin, although i think Bomber's average did improve on last year. Without the GP's as a distraction and the big fast Blunsdon track to race on, he would be a fine replacement for Hans i reckon. Didn't do so bad in the ELRC whilst missing the gate in every race!

Rather win league titles that worry about how Riders get on in Gp's like this year :rofl: :rofl:

Rather win league titles that worry about how Riders get on in Gp's like this year :rofl: :rofl:

How awful of you snubbing Hans in this year`s GP Series. :P

Hans is, in fact, only 31! Still plenty of life, and clearly spoken English, in him yet ER. :wink:

Rosco didn't exactly help him in the GP's did he. Still, i suppose Alun did get the Adver talking about Harris. Not that any of its readership was interested.
  • Like 1

Harris did have better results in the GP this year than Andersen though - I think 2 semi-finals including 1 final whereas Andersen just made the one semi-final.

• Like 1