British Speedway Forum

That's a pretty decent line up Dumpers :t: The riding order would be a difficult one though. You couldn't pair Harris with Stead because we would be on a 1-5 before the first bend in most races. You couldn't pair PK with Steady as they get in each others way. It would have to be:

1. Harris

2. Morris

3. Schlein

4. Stead

5. Kildermand

6. Klindt

7. Musielak

I personally would be happy with Klindt in the side. He has Blunsdon worked out and is decent on most away tracks.

That side has potential for every rider to put a point on their average next season.

Klindt at reserve would be pretty handy i reckon.

The thing i like is all the teams that put up are decent one's ..it really looks good for swindon with so many combo's to choose from. it's going to be hard to put out a bad side .

That's a pretty decent line up Dumpers. The riding order would be a difficult one though. You couldn't pair Harris with Stead because we would be on a 1-5 before the first bend in most races. You couldn't pair PK with Steady as they get in each others way. It would have to be:

1. Harris

2. Morris

3. Schlein

4. Stead

5. Kildermand

6. Klindt

7. Musielak

I personally would be happy with Klindt in the side. He has Blunsdon worked out and is decent on most away tracks.

That side has potential for every rider to put a point on their average next season.

If no discounts for British riders the av is higher than 42.5.

You could d/u Nick and Simon which leaves about 4

The thing i like is all the teams that put up are decent one's ..it really looks good for swindon with so many combo's ttero choose from. it's going to be hard to put out a bad side .

I guess that will all be blown out of the water if the AGM produces a 40 point average for next year. :mad:

I guess that will all be blown out of the water if the AGM produces a 40 point average for next year. :mad:

If they drop to 40 we might as well forget about the start of season Euro competition, or even go PL..

Edited by A ORLOV

No matter what the points limit is Swindon still have the scope and choices to put out a great side . 40,43 or 45 i don't really care .

• Like 1

No matter what the points limit is Swindon still have the scope and choices to put out a great side . 40,43 or 45 i don't really care .

Yes, it certainly looks promising. Mind you, some of the make up of other sides bandied about on this forum look pretty impressive too! (Apart from Belle Vue)

Best keep Ronnie out of team building plans as he could come up with a crap team with a 60 point limit :D

I would still like to see Hans back next year. As well as having strength in depth, one thing I learned about this season was how necessary it is to have a decent number 1 - and Hans was indeed that (especially as he didn't start out as no 1). I think his dedication, experience and advice to the rest of the team can make a good team into a great team - as was shown this year. I will be sad if he has to move on

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 4

I would still like to see Hans back next year. As well as having strength in depth, one thing I learned about this season was how necessary it is to have a decent number 1 - and Hans was indeed that (especially as he didn't start out as no 1). I think his dedication, experience and advice to the rest of the team can make a good team into a great team - as was shown this year. I will be sad if he has to move on

Agree fully with you.

• Like 2

Taken from the Swindon Evening Adver .....

SWINDON Robins’ title-winning rider Jason Doyle could be on his way back to parent club Poole after the Pirates declared an interested in using their asset next season.

The Robins are keen to retain the gritty Australian after he increased his average during a campaign where he became a major part of the Elite League winners’ side, despite missing both legs of the final against the Pirates through injury.

Poole promoter Matt Ford has revealed his interest in bringing their asset back to Wimborne Road after a year away, but even if he doesn’t eventually take a team place, he insisted the Robins or any other side wishing to loan him will have to be patient.

“Jason Doyle is very much an option. He had a great year and he did exactly what we always knew he could do,” he said.

“I don’t care if I don’t disclose the final team member until March 1, I really am in no hurry this year.

“It will have to be contracts that are beneficial to the club and if that means us taking our time on our assets, other clubs are just going to have to be understanding that our riders won’t be released until that point.”

Swindon boss Alun Rossiter is not surprised the Pirates want to use the Australian once again, and is not overly concerned by the situation at this stage.

“I am not surprised they want to use him because he had a superb season for us and did a brilliant job, so I can’t speak highly enough of him,” he said.

“At the end of the day it is down to the riders what they want to do, and he isn’t our asset so obviously we will wait to see what happens.

“We get first call on him if his parent club don’t want to use his services, but he enjoyed his move here and it was good for him and good for us.

“I don’t know whether he would want to go back to Poole, but speedway is a difficult thing because we have a group of riders who have had good years, and now their own clubs are looking back at them.

“That is only fair at the end of the day, and I am not surprised about it and we have to wait and see because at this time of year there are a lot of permutations.

“He might be in their plans for one team, but not for another.”

Another 2012 Swindon rider mentioned in connection with a team place on the south coast next season is teenager Nick Morris, but Rossiter is confident he will be at Blunsdon when the new campaign begins.

“It think a lot of this link has come from people thinking about Nick’s friendship with Darcy Ward,” he said.

“Nick has stated he wants to come to Swindon again next year, and I don’t envisage any problems with that because he seems happy with his progress with us.”

• Like 1

What average would Ryan Fisher come in on?

Fish, Bomber and PK in the same line up....now that could be lively :lol:

• Like 1

Supporters question and answer meeting announced on Swindon Speedway web site.

Wed 21st at the Moonrakers Pub Crossways Suite starts 7.45

Gary, Rosco, Hans, Peter, Simon and Troy will be there.

Web site details should be read.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 2