British Speedway Forum

Not Jethro Tull and Uriah Heep i hope......

What's wrong with the Heep, very eavy...very umble.

will be correct if Swindon lose patience and sign Zagar and Holta......oops ;)

More like Des O'connor. :D :D

The comment about Swindon signing others was exactly my point earlier Hagon.

Edited by A ORLOV

More like Des O'connor. :D :D

The comment about Swindon signing others was exactly my point earlier Hagon.

Hey mate its hard to keep up with everything when youve started on the Bourbon! ;)

I would have thought that Peterborough's stance would be illegal under Restraint of Trade legislation.

They are effectively stopping Hans and Troy from earning a living (I know they have other teams on the continent but the principle still applies).

There stance is not letting them talk to other clubs before they sort there own team out nowt wrong with that .i Really don't get what all the fuss is about anyhow both Troy and Hans will be at Swindon if they want to ride for us ,it just a question of when .

• Like 1

Well clearly Hans and Troy would like to get it sorted, hence their letter to the BSPA. As has been said, clearly Peterborough know what team they are going with and now it just looks like they are playing, as Hans would say, silly buggers! (great grasp of English that lad has :D )

• Like 1

Well clearly Hans and Troy would like to get it sorted, hence their letter to the BSPA. As has been said, clearly Peterborough know what team they are going with and now it just looks like they are playing, as Hans would say, silly buggers! (great grasp of English that lad has :D )

Their letter basically asking the BSPA to interfere with another team's teambuilding whilst making several assumptions, well we assume that they're assumptions on their part of course :wink:

Edited by Crump99

Are you suggesting that riders are not being honest in there tax declarations?? Surely most fulltime riders particularly the higher echelon have there own accountants so has to suggest they are not merely employed by any particular club?...when a promotor purchases a rider its not like in football where they become owned lock stock as the earnings arent obviously anywhere like as substantial..yes stating the bleeding obvious....thus giving them the opportunity to ride for other clubs.

Being part of an asset base is as good as it gets but being part of that AND self employed surely allows that proffessional access to negotiate with whoever wishes to speak to once that riders 'owner' declares there intention to go elsewhere in teambuilding....Andersen and Batchelor were rogered by Frost last year and clearly Frost and Mahoney have already given more than a hint as to whom they prefer to use especially as one is already declared in Linus...merely posteuring on there part especially obvious in view of there dislike of Swindon in past dealings..more twit for that and certain panthers fans have backed that up with there histrionics....to openly treat riders as plan b options is just highly insulting and quite childish...over to Crump99 to accuse me of being another kks!!

Btw Matt only the first part about ownership and self-employment was in response to you! ;)

will be correct if Swindon lose patience and sign Zagar and Holta......oops ;)

Yerropes has a far more advanced taste in music than i, but for any of you 'pop pickers' out there...The Velvet Underground was the album....comments anyone?

I don't see for a second what Peterborough have done wrong here. They own the riders, they call the shots. What are Andersen, Iversen and Batchelor doing talking to other clubs without any permission?

Frost is in his rights to make the other clubs and these riders wait until he has sorted his own team out.

If the other clubs want these riders then make an offer to buy them as an asset. Simple.

If Swindon only want to sign them for part of a season, then Peterborough have no right to demand a transfer, even if Peterborough want them in their starting 1 to 7.

A very Merry Christmas to all speedway fans - I hope you all have a truly wonderful time and that Santa is good to you (no sneaking Piotr Pawlicki in your Pirates stockings :wink: )

Special thoughts to the Richardson family on their first Christmas without #Rico

• Like 5

A very Merry Christmas to all speedway fans - I hope you all have a truly wonderful time and that Santa is good to you (no sneaking Piotr Pawlicki in your Pirates stockings :wink: )

Special thoughts to the Richardson family on their first Christmas without #Rico

Good call. My thoughts are with the family.

• Like 1

Their letter basically asking the BSPA to interfere with another team's teambuilding whilst making several assumptions, well we assume that they're assumptions on their part of course :wink:

I think all they want is someone to give Peterborough a kick up the pants! Which they do seem to need.

According to Hans in todays Adver Coventry had been given permission to speak to him. So why not let the Club that wants him and he would, it seems, like to ride for talk to him?

Edited by BuzzCagney
  • Like 1

I think all they want is someone to give Peterborough a kick up the pants! Which they do seem to need.

According to Hans in todays Adver Coventry had been given permission to speak to him. So why not let the Club that wants him and he would, it seems, like to ride for talk to him?

According to the rules (?!?!?!?!) the team who had a rider on loan has first "dibs" after the parent club - so Peterborough clearly breaking the rules by allowing another club to speak to their "asset" before Swindon!

• Like 3

Thats interesting, Steve. Hans also reporting that Bjerre hasn't got a scooby about what is going on either.

Are we sure Peterborough are even planning on running next season? :blink:

Thats interesting, Steve. Hans also reporting that Bjerre hasn't got a scooby about what is going on either.

Are we sure Peterborough are even planning on running next season? :blink:

Everything emanates from or around Andersen. Can't you just offer to buy him because it gets tedious year on year! We'd rather loan him back if need be and let someone else suffer the PR guff coming from their asset :rolleyes:

According to the rules (?!?!?!?!) the team who had a rider on loan has first "dibs" after the parent club - so Peterborough clearly breaking the rules by allowing another club to speak to their "asset" before Swindon!

Which rule is that so that we're all clear?

Edited by Crump99

I'm sure we'd like to buy him, but as the Promotion there don't seem interested in talking its going to be kind of difficult!

• Like 1