British Speedway Forum

Not any meaningful ones I won't.

I'd have thought for the 2012 EL champions, they would ALL be meaningful!!?? :o

Swindon on sky twice

Mon March 25th at Lakeside

Thurs Apr 4th at home against Kings Lynn, so Simon to return to the Abbey early, and with four of the KL riders having ridden for Swindon this should be a very good meeting.

• Like 1

Swindon on sky twice

Mon March 25th at Lakeside

Thurs Apr 4th at home against Kings Lynn, so Simon to return to the Abbey early, and with four of the KL riders having ridden for Swindon this should be a very good meeting.

Depends on whether Sheffield are riding that night

Depends on whether Sheffield are riding that night

Correct, had forgotten about that.

Correct, had forgotten about that.

And I meant to say I hope Sheffield are riding that night because Steady is pretty good round Blunsdon :wink:

ALLEGEDLY, rumour has it that Panthers could be doing the vanishing...Before the season even starts....But, it's probably just a rumour....

Apparently, Peterborough desperately need to sell two riders for money to help finance next season, what with their previously incurred losses, poor crowds, etc....

Having already signed Linus Sundstrom, Paterborough can only sign one other top twenty rider, so all the "Loan, Buy, Sell" shenaginans around Andersen, Batchelor and Bjerre is allegedly related to Panthers desperately needing money....Can't think why else, with jut two months before the start of the season, Peterborough are mucking the riders around....

Probably is just a rumour though....Probably...Sure it is, yeah, its just a rumour...Obviously

Has a top 20 list been approved and issued or are last season's finishing top 20 the one's to select from? I ask this because it is likely that some of these may not intend riding in 2013 so if they do not do 2012 riders 21 to 25 come into the equation.

Genius promoting if we have agreed to go to Swindon for a Sky meeting on a Thursday when Sheffield are at home :blink:

;)

And I meant to say I hope Sheffield are riding that night because Steady is pretty good round Blunsdon :wink:

Don't provoke thecoombdog now.... ;)

Genius promoting if we have agreed to go to Swindon for a Sky meeting on a Thursday when Sheffield are at home :blink:

Well - Thursday is our race night as is Sheffield so I would be very surprised to see Steady at Blunsdon on a Thursday - tv or not.

No

No what?

No official list or no 21+ to come into the equation

No what?

No official list or no 21+ to come into the equation

21+ do not come into the equation, which is how we have signed PK who was just outside the top twenty, in addition to two, hopefully, of the top twenty. Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

Interesting that Swindon are denying that the BSPA have ruled the Batchelor must be bought in order to ride for Swindon this season. Furthermore, Swindon are stating that due to the circumstances, permission to enter contract talks with Batchelor can't be denied.

There is a lot of hot air coming out of Peterborough. But yet again it appears the BSPA don't have any clear regulations on the processes. It really is messy, and nobody is a winner. In fairness to Peterborough they are trying to stand their ground amongst what seems confusion at the BSPA as to the regulations. With so much invested in the asset system you can understand that. It looks to me that the BSPA have made 'promises' (for want of a better word) to Peterborough concerning the asset system process, and now the Panthers are testing this approach. I fear so many promoters have been advised in so many different ways, that this will turn ugly. For most of us this is just a sport. For those directly involved in is their money at risk. None of us take kindly to being screwed over financially, and that is the danger of what some promoters may perceive as happening.

I remember the time when the BSPA told Peterborough that they needed to add to their asset base so what did they do they went out and paid good money for their riders. Now it seems they may be told to release them to other teams without recouping any of their outlay. I can understand their concerns but hope for speedway's sake that some sort of compromise can be reached.

• Like 2

ALLEGEDLY, rumour has it that Panthers could be doing the vanishing...Before the season even starts....But, it's probably just a rumour....

Apparently, Peterborough desperately need to sell two riders for money to help finance next season, what with their previously incurred losses, poor crowds, etc....

Having already signed Linus Sundstrom, Paterborough can only sign one other top twenty rider, so all the "Loan, Buy, Sell" shenaginans around Andersen, Batchelor and Bjerre is allegedly related to Panthers desperately needing money....Can't think why else, with jut two months before the start of the season, Peterborough are mucking the riders around....

Probably is just a rumour though....Probably...Sure it is, yeah, its just a rumour...Obviously

I did hear the same actually. It was suggested that Rick could sell a couple of Range Rovers and a Roller but that would only leave him and Julie seven vehicles to get around in so he's decided to try to offload a couple of assets. Turns out that he's supposed to give them away so that buggered the plan!

Edited by Crump99

Who said he had to give them away? Why are you worrying so much about it that you are constantly commenting, Crump99? Let 'em sort it out because nothing you, me or any of us might say on it will make a jot of difference.