British Speedway Forum

I didn't realise you were under 11 CR :D

I was 11 in 1978 so guess that means full price for me till I'm an oap.

B**ger wasn't that cold last night! Not a bad meeting, poor crowd. I have to say that I can't get too excited about individual meetings but agree re Heat 15. No-one has mentioned Heat 10 when, from where I was standing, Nicki gave Tai a shove as they went over the line to start the last lap and caused him to fall nastily but got away with it because the meeting had to be whipped along due to the curfew (a blessing in disguise bearing in mind the temperature!)

However, I do want to start a debate about the increase in car parking charges! I admit that it appears that entry prices have been pegged at £17 this year (despite the inflated price for last night's meeting) but with 50p extra for a programme and a 50% increase in the price of car parking there has still been an increase at a time when other businesses are having to be very price sensitive in difficult markets. But back to the car parking! Can anyone justify to me why I have to pay to have a bunch of numpties direct me to a space which at any other time is free (i.e. Greyhounds and Market-so forget the health and safety rationalisation) and then disappear as soon as we are all settled, so that there is not one numpty at the end of the meeting available to help deal with the carnage of exiting all at the same moment?

I know that the Speedway Club says that it is nothing to do with them but I would be interested to hear from anyone who knows who is responsible for the stewards, as I would, seriously, like to contact them to air my views. Is it SBC, if so any contact details would be welcome. With things like this on top of the removal of Simon Stead, who on last night's showing would have done no worse in this year's team than Edward Kennett, I seriously begin to fall out with the management!!!

I have posted my comments on the individual/testimonial meeting thread re the car parking. Will be parking on St.Andrews Ridge next time.The move by Pedersen to fence Woffy was typical of the dangerous danish d1ckhead. They would have got a better crowd on a Sunday in July/August. I know clubs are losing money but you cant keep bashing the same fans.I would be surprised if there were 1300 there last night. What did the Robins fans think of the new souvenir shop and sweet stall(no Speedway Stars on sale)?

Sorry Chalkie I know Steady was exciting at home, but watching Kennett look so amateurish at times last night, the error was not keeping Jason Doyle.

You are right on the money there Racers, Doylie did a handsome job last night against tough opposition, which on Steady's one showing this year at King's Lynn (1+1 from 4 rides in a team event) makes your point well made, I wasn't thinking that way until you pointed it out.

No club should charge for u11's i think thats a disgrace! I would have never introduced my daughter to the sport if i had to pay for her. I think she will now be a fan for life.

• Like 3

With the number of fixtures now much reduced is there any necessity to start the season so early, Blunsdon is arctic at the best of times !

I couldn't make the start time last night so didn't attend, but then I'm not over-fussed with Individual meetings especially meaningless pre-season friendlies despite a good line-up (with all due respect to Bob Kilby). The £24.50 to stand in a freezing field should give the Promoters a bit of a clue.

Also very disappointed to hear of the car parking increase - it used to be free and £1.50 is taking the pi$$ - additionally a programme at £3 is way too much, so that will become a thing of the past for me..

As for the kids, if the price increase is true, like CR, a friend and his son who come with us sometimes (to half a dozen meetings or so) are unlikely be seen again

How about starting the season these days when the clocks change and as for the 'Powers that be' - always remember to treat your customers well and give good value for money...

• Like 1

Still thawing out from last night, sincerely hope the burger van on the back straight gets the hot water sorted by next week, was expecting to get a hot drink at least. Also there was no air horns either for sale to help the atmosphere Beefy Keefy. :o. Not the usual standard, I noticed a lot of 'Regulars' missing which surprised me, hope they turn up next week and the weather is warmer. To be fair, the promotion have had a lot of 'aggro' to put up with this winter, all of it unnecessary.!!!

• Like 1

I was 11 in 1978 so guess that means full price for me till I'm an oap.

Blimey crazy, are you that old? :D

B**ger wasn't that cold last night! Not a bad meeting, poor crowd. I have to say that I can't get too excited about individual meetings but agree re Heat 15. No-one has mentioned Heat 10 when, from where I was standing, Nicki gave Tai a shove as they went over the line to start the last lap and caused him to fall nastily but got away with it because the meeting had to be whipped along due to the curfew (a blessing in disguise bearing in mind the temperature!)

However, I do want to start a debate about the increase in car parking charges! I admit that it appears that entry prices have been pegged at £17 this year (despite the inflated price for last night's meeting) but with 50p extra for a programme and a 50% increase in the price of car parking there has still been an increase at a time when other businesses are having to be very price sensitive in difficult markets. But back to the car parking! Can anyone justify to me why I have to pay to have a bunch of numpties direct me to a space which at any other time is free (i.e. Greyhounds and Market-so forget the health and safety rationalisation) and then disappear as soon as we are all settled, so that there is not one numpty at the end of the meeting available to help deal with the carnage of exiting all at the same moment?

I know that the Speedway Club says that it is nothing to do with them but I would be interested to hear from anyone who knows who is responsible for the stewards, as I would, seriously, like to contact them to air my views. Is it SBC, if so any contact details would be welcome. With things like this on top of the removal of Simon Stead, who on last night's showing would have done no worse in this year's team than Edward Kennett, I seriously begin to fall out with the management!!!

Glad to see you're giving the lad some time to settle in. Unbelievable......

Sad to hear there was a poor attendance last night for the legend Kilb. The car park price increase will mean many more 'stray' cars parked on pavements and layby's along Lady Lane for sure.

Paying for kids under 11 is a disastorous move, mind you, at least there is a sweet stall now!! ;) . As others have said, 3 quid for a programme will mean no more passing the time reading it before meetings start..... i will keep the score in my head.

Sadly, i can't see the next two home meetings wetting the appetite for fans. The current climate will probably mean most fans will wait until the weather improves and the real business of league meetings start.

The management must surely be innovative this season with admission charges. Half price admission for the visits of BelleVue,Lakeside and Eastbourne and for any Sky visits. :o

I still have the mentality of a 10 year old though so does that mean I get in free??.

Seriously it looks like my Thursday nights won't be spent at The Abbey anymore as simply can't justify paying for me & my 12 year old.

The promotors have every right to charge what they want so i'm just stating my case before anyone has a pop.

• Like 1

I still have the mentality of a 10 year old though so does that mean I get in free??.

Seriously it looks like my Thursday nights won't be spent at The Abbey anymore as simply can't justify paying for me & my 12 year old.

The promotors have every right to charge what they want so i'm just stating my case before anyone has a pop.

Only if you sneak in like Beefy used to! ;)

• Like 1

I think the Robins fans should start using the Peterborough thread and leave the panther moaners to carry on with their bickering about "The Rules" on here. It's all getting boring now!!!!!

Yup, it's good to see the positivity return after the season opener now that you're left to your own devices! Doesn't sound like Patchett will be having much spare cash available in 2013 to increase his asset base.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

I have posted my comments on the individual/testimonial meeting thread re the car parking. Will be parking on St.Andrews Ridge next time.The move by Pedersen to fence Woffy was typical of the dangerous danish d1ckhead. They would have got a better crowd on a Sunday in July/August. I know clubs are losing money but you cant keep bashing the same fans.I would be surprised if there were 1300 there last night. What did the Robins fans think of the new souvenir shop and sweet stall(no Speedway Stars on sale)?

Thought Shop looked good, also speedway stars was on sale at the track shop,

You are right on the money there Racers, Doylie did a handsome job last night against tough opposition, which on Steady's one showing this year at King's Lynn (1+1 from 4 rides in a team event) makes your point well made, I wasn't thinking that way until you pointed it out.

Like I said on another thread, Simon Stead did well last week, there are not many people who do AJ from the back, before he got a puncture, then with bike mended he won his second half heat and rode well in the final. Speaking with him last night he is well happy to be at Lynn. I reckon your lost will be our gain........

Yup, it's good to see the positivity return after the season opener now that you're left to your own devices! Doesn't sound like Patchett will be having much spare cash available in 2013 to increase his asset base.

You just can't stay away can you, think you prefer our thread to your own, ours is more interesting :D

• Like 1