British Speedway Forum

In answer to your question - it lacks ambition! We won't win the league with these two reserves! I like them both but it doesn't half give us a weak bottom end to the team - even with both being triers - you don't win races on desire alone!

Who would be an "ambitious" replacement then? We only have 3.94 to replace Gomolski or 3.27 to replace Birks - we can't exactly attract world beaters on those averages.

• Like 1

So swapping 20 year old Gomolski who has about 30 EL meetings in his career and averaged 4.00 in 2013 for 19 year old Howarth who has about 30 EL meetings in his career and averaged 3.89 in 2013 leaves you without experience? You're kidding right? Gomolski and Howarth are of the same level in the UK.

..But Howarth is illegal in the current Swindon 1-7 SCB!!!! You' re always on about breaking rules , lets hear your opinion on this one!! :party:

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

It will be interesting seeing what the bspa declared teams number 23 says tomorrow or monday.

Who would be an "ambitious" replacement then? We only have 3.94 to replace Gomolski or 3.27 to replace Birks - we can't exactly attract world beaters on those averages.

Why would you replace Birks ? i thought we would carry for a bit but he is in the team on merit if it were me i would sign ASAP if not we do the groundwork someone else gets the reward a good British prospect in my eyes!

..But Howarth is illegal in the current Swindon 1-7 SCB!!!! You' re always on about breaking rules , lets hear your opinion on this one!! :party:

'Skidder 1'. SCB is on the ball with figures averages rules no one as Knowledgeable on the forum will be interesting you know your stuff too!

Not the worst replacement for the pole with the points we had to play with ,..have to say I thought we were a little harsh on Gom as I thought he did ok, I have the feeling people expected to much from him in the first place . I guess his non show at brum was the final straw

Steve Macdonald is having a practice this week at Berwick, so Eddy Kennett wont be in the prem league anymore I'm guessing.

Who is Steve MacDonald?

Not the worst replacement for the pole with the points we had to play with ,..have to say I thought we were a little harsh on Gom as I thought he did ok, I have the feeling people expected to much from him in the first place . I guess his non show at brum was the final straw

Would agree 'Orion the pole had talent so hit and miss get 0 in heat 2 but be on the pace after i have seen alot worse riders will Howarth and BIrks score 10 between them most meetings i hope so have my doubts thou.

Why would you replace Birks ? i thought we would carry for a bit but he is in the team on merit if it were me i would sign ASAP if not we do the groundwork someone else gets the reward a good British prospect in my eyes!

I'm not saying I would replace Birks (or Gomolski for that matter) I was just pointing out with the points available our options are limited.

I'm not saying I would replace Birks (or Gomolski for that matter) I was just pointing out with the points available our options are limited.

You certainly had to freshen things up,the reserves is not my concern a couple of the top 5 are! Edited by sidney

Definitely wouldn't replace Birks, he (has and) is improving all the time..

Have found that this season hasn't really got going at all, limited fixtures, mostly on rainy nights too..

Looking forward to Thursday Vs Wolves - with this good weather there should be an excellent crowd and hopefully a full Swindon team at least...

• Like 1

Did no one read the newspaper article then? It clearly states that Kennett will no longer be doubling up - so how is the Swindon team illegal? Maybe someone should tell Berwick :wink:

Totally correct call in replacing Gomolski especially in view of his participation in the upcoming under 21's ...you can bet your bottom dollar he would have become less and less available...yes some are correct he had some good meetings but they generally seemed to be the big easy victories when everyone or almsot were firing..some of the tight away defeats he seemed to go totally missing.

Sidney if Birks and Howarth chip in 8-10 points between them on a regular basis i would take that as it''s up to that so called powerhouse top 5 to score the bulk

• Like 1

Totally correct call in replacing Gomolski especially in view of his participation in the upcoming under 21's ...you can bet your bottom dollar he would have become less and less available...yes some are correct he had some good meetings but they generally seemed to be the big easy victories when everyone or almsot were firing..some of the tight away defeats he seemed to go totally missing.

Sidney if Birks and Howarth chip in 8-10 points between them on a regular basis i would take that as it''s up to that so called powerhouse top 5 to score the bulk

Isn't Howarth likely to be in the same U21 meetings?

Did no one read the newspaper article then? It clearly states that Kennett will no longer be doubling up - so how is the Swindon team illegal? Maybe someone should tell Berwick :wink:

Maybe they should as he rode tonight, but as the only contract that the BSPA recognise is for the whole of the season so there is no way that Swindon can stop him riding for Berwick until they don't want him. Unless Kennett refuses to ride for them and then it will be an all leagues ban.