British Speedway Forum

If you really read what you posted from an objective unbiased view you'd see how daft it is as there's no winners here but only a sport getting dragged through the mud.

I don't understand how swindon trying to do things right is being so mis-construed but I just wish they'd sign Hans & go to arbitration as there just seems no end to this stupidity.

Latest rumour is that Swindon will also be sponsored by Daz next year and their working title will be the Swindon "Whiter than White" Robins.

• Like 2

Speedway is the loser again!! in these tough times for the sport a bit of unity is needed..Peterborough what can you say, and i have just read of the shabby treatment of Rene Bach a club in crisis comes to mind.

Rene Bach ! ! ! What do you know that no one else does ?

Latest rumour is that Swindon will also be sponsored by Daz next year and their working title will be the Swindon "Whiter than White" Robins.

don't forget VANISH , batchs tweet soon vanished Edited by hans fan
  • Like 1

Swindon have 2 places ..... Peterborough 1 place ...... Kings Lynn 1 place

Andersen, Bjerre, Batchelor and Iversen ....... get them in a room together, sort it out and get on with it

Speedway is the loser again!! in these tough times for the sport a bit of unity is needed..Peterborough what can you say, and i have just read of the shabby treatment of Rene Bach a club in crisis comes to mind.

lol......and thats how rumours start!! i suggest you read it again!!!
  • Like 1

Here ya go blupanther

http://www.peterboro...ubbed-1-4654494

Playing games AGAIN it seems. Gotta pity the poor riders and the supporters of Peterborough who are starting to be made a laughing stock of a club.

Mind games seem more important than actually sitting down to sort a deal.

I think the Peterborough promotion have really made fools of themselves and will live to regret their actions. They have treated their "Assets" appallingly and riders won't forget this. Pure 'SPITE' is what I would call it.The BSPA should address the situation immediately!!!!

:t:

don't forget VANISH , batchs tweet soon vanished

With the Cuprinol ConDems today, 2013 is certainly turning into a DIY year!

Swindon obviously cant afford the new revised offer for Hans, having withdrawn it before getting a response. Olly Allen is still free folks......

Interesting that Swindon are denying that the BSPA have ruled the Batchelor must be bought in order to ride for Swindon this season. Furthermore, Swindon are stating that due to the circumstances, permission to enter contract talks with Batchelor can't be denied.

There is a lot of hot air coming out of Peterborough. But yet again it appears the BSPA don't have any clear regulations on the processes. It really is messy, and nobody is a winner. In fairness to Peterborough they are trying to stand their ground amongst what seems confusion at the BSPA as to the regulations. With so much invested in the asset system you can understand that. It looks to me that the BSPA have made 'promises' (for want of a better word) to Peterborough concerning the asset system process, and now the Panthers are testing this approach. I fear so many promoters have been advised in so many different ways, that this will turn ugly. For most of us this is just a sport. For those directly involved in is their money at risk. None of us take kindly to being screwed over financially, and that is the danger of what some promoters may perceive as happening.

• Like 2

Wake me up in April when the season actually starts zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Like 3

IT'S not a restriction on earning, it's a restriction of trade. The fact that they ride elsewhere is (in my opinion) irrelevant. As a self-employed tradesman any restriction on a rider "trading his wares" so to speak is surely illegal?

I was quite heavily involved in soccer journalism at the time of the Bosman ruling and have always thought that British speedway would have to toe the line one day. I still do. SS has asked the question of many promoters over the years but they generally close ranks and say that it would be the ruination of British speedway. Presumably they include "rider assets" on their balance sheets.

Scrapping the asset system might result in some short term pain but could prove hugely beneficial in the longer term and might actually become a more practical and workable form of rider distribution than some of the artificial and contrived methods currently in use.

The idea of fixed term contracts in principle makes a lot of sense. However, the following points need to be reflected upon:

1. How do you compensate clubs such as Peterborough that have invested cash in the asset system? One option may be to say the asset system will be ended in, say, five years time. This allows time for a fair recovery of the asset value. The five years may not be sufficient. Not knowing what clubs pay and what loan fees are achievable I cannot calculate what would be fair.

2. For a fixed term contract to work with removal of the loan policy and the bickering it entails, riders under contract would need to be at the same club for the period of their contract which will remove the need to fit in a points limit on an annual basis. There is no point arguing for a fixed term contract and then saying a year later the rider cannot fit in because he has had a good season. Maybe a maximum contract period will need to be stipulated. I feel the idea of a consistent team will appeal to the younger audience as I know it is a bug bear of my kids that riders move from season to season. They do not see any long term association with riders.

3. The effect on clubs that recieve transfer fees. Financially they will be worse off. Will they survive? Will they continue to bring younger riders through? Some complain at the likes of Peterborough paying large sums of cash to smaller clubs. Perhaps they forget the benefit to the smaller clubs.

With regard to restraint of trade it is difficult for me to comment fully as I do not know the standard form of contract within the current system. I assume the rider recieves a payment for agreeing to the transfer but confirmation would be useful. Do they also recieve an annual retainer? Where a rider voluntary agrees to a transfer and recieves payment I think the restraint of trade argument must be weakened.

Sadly the long term future of speedway in the UK looks in the balance. Whilst changing the asset system will avoid the annual in fighting I fear without an improvement in the quality of the speedway Sky will cease to support the sport. Monster Energy are heavily promoting the sport eleswhere in the world but again want to be associated with quality. I feel the sport needs a radical overhaul with a view to putting out more competitive, quality races throughout a race card. For far to many races the outcome is known before the tapes go up.Unfortunately the BSPA clearly do not agree given the the low points limit and the restriction on two top twenty riders per team. It may need the withdrawel of Sky to shake them into action but I fear for some it will then be to late.

Wake me up in April when the season actually starts zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Shame you'll miss a few meetings by then!!!

Shame you'll miss a few meetings by then!!!

Not any meaningful ones I won't.

don't forget VANISH , batchs tweet soon vanished

ALLEGEDLY, rumour has it that Panthers could be doing the vanishing...Before the season even starts....But, it's probably just a rumour....

Apparently, Peterborough desperately need to sell two riders for money to help finance next season, what with their previously incurred losses, poor crowds, etc....

Having already signed Linus Sundstrom, Paterborough can only sign one other top twenty rider, so all the "Loan, Buy, Sell" shenaginans around Andersen, Batchelor and Bjerre is allegedly related to Panthers desperately needing money....Can't think why else, with jut two months before the start of the season, Peterborough are mucking the riders around....

Probably is just a rumour though....Probably...Sure it is, yeah, its just a rumour...Obviously

ALLEGEDLY, rumour has it that Panthers could be doing the vanishing...Before the season even starts....But, it's probably just a rumour....

Apparently, Peterborough desperately need to sell two riders for money to help finance next season, what with their previously incurred losses, poor crowds, etc....

Having already signed Linus Sundstrom, Paterborough can only sign one other top twenty rider, so all the "Loan, Buy, Sell" shenaginans around Andersen, Batchelor and Bjerre is allegedly related to Panthers desperately needing money....Can't think why else, with jut two months before the start of the season, Peterborough are mucking the riders around....

Probably is just a rumour though....Probably...Sure it is, yeah, its just a rumour...Obviously

Allegedly.. Apparently......gosh, must be true.