British Speedway Forum

I do have some sympathy for Peterborough though. They have six of the top 20 riders in British speedway, but can only use two of them due to an arbitary rule introduced this year.

On the other hand, Swindon and Kings Lynn have no heatleader assets and therefore have to go cap-in-hand to the likes of Peterborough for riders. It's not unreasonable that Peterborough expect clubs to buy the riders they want to use, rather than loan them season after season.

Quite, since Peterborough shelled out transfer fees for them in the first place.

I do have some sympathy for Peterborough though. They have six of the top 20 riders in British speedway, but can only use two of them due to an arbitary rule introduced this year.

On the other hand, Swindon and Kings Lynn have no heatleader assets and therefore have to go cap-in-hand to the likes of Peterborough for riders. It's not unreasonable that Peterborough expect clubs to buy the riders they want to use, rather than loan them season after season.

I did too initially, but the way they have treated these riders (assets) is surely enough for constructive dismissal anyway...

Poole are very rapidly becoming my 9th favourite EL team :rofl:

I did too initially, but the way they have treated these riders (assets) is surely enough for constructive dismissal anyway...

Poole are very rapidly becoming my 9th favourite EL team :rofl:

How could you have had sympathy for Peterborough initially because they want a transfer fee for these riders then go against them for holding out for.......a transfer fee for these riders?

• Like 1

How could you have had sympathy for Peterborough initially because they want a transfer fee for these riders then go against them for holding out for.......a transfer fee for these riders?

Very easily, Pboro had all these assets and suddenly they could only use two of them...

What I didn't realise was that Pboro would mess about most of the rest of their own assets for so long.

It's still ongoing you know...

• Like 2

People need to get into their heads that times are very very different even to 3-4 years ago.

There is no money about to purchase assets at the moment & would be disasterous to force that on any club. Speedway is awfully short of money. The money bags of speedway Rick Frost is now starting to understand to his own cost what speedway can do. In some way I feel sorry for Frost. As a new promoter he was bullied into purchasing asset but he was willing to throw money at almost anyone of talent too.

Wasn't it £20,000 for Sundstrom. Was willing to chuck the same into purchasing Ward????

As I've said before, the asset system is crashing and in my opinion there is only 1 option to the BSPA (& Peterborough were right to request regarding Iversen) scrap the asset system and increase loan fees until a reasonablee amount has been compensated to the previous asset owner.

Is that not just common sense etc?????

People here keep saying Troy tweeted he was signing for Swindon then deleted the tweet.

How many actually saw this tweet?

I did, and it never mentioned Swindon nor that he had agreed anything I think it mentioned hope about sorting UK deal in next few days, I can't be 100% sure, but at least I am sure he never said he had agreed a deal with Swindon!

I wasn't a big fan of Troy, but think he seems to have matured and has got the raw end of the deal this time!

i saw it. He said deal was done in the UK.

What is the difference in price between a loan and a transfer?

It's have thought it would be cheaper to buy a rider than pay three seasons of loan fees?

who else would it have been with?!

PBoro

Events have suggested since that it might have been another team, if it happened at all

• Like 1

i saw it. He said deal was done in the UK.

If it didnt say who with then its speculation who the club was.

Edited by stevebrum
  • Like 1

If it didnt say who with then its speculation who the club was.

Speculation maybe, but doesn't all the evidence point in one direction?

Who else do you suppose it might have been?

who else would it have been with?!

Could've been a deal with a sponsor, a landlord to rent a house, who knows, but didn't mention a team or what sort of deal!

Edited by 65Sarge

The thing though Matt is some teams don't have 2nd strings or reserves as assetts so have to get riders in on loan & likewise their parent club can only fit so many in as with Steady, Mads, Zengi, Doyley etc so some clubs work together to sort things out.

Everyone is struggling for money & yet we expect Gary to buy riders as assetts rather than loan.

About time they started living in the real world.

• Like 2