British Speedway Forum

In the recently quoted piece (http://www1.skysport.../12268/8559291/) Ms Mahoney says all that we can do is wait to see if the team declaration is approved. That tells me that, as of a day or two ago, it wasn't approved as she'd be told quickly enough if it was because of the paperwork that needs to be completed (by both sides) before a rider can actually ride.

I should think once the team declarations have been approved they will appear on the BSPA web site as per the 2012 versions, out of interest issue 1 of 2012 is dated the 23rd March 2012.

I should think once the team declarations have been approved they will appear on the BSPA web site as per the 2012 versions, out of interest issue 1 of 2012 is dated the 23rd March 2012.

Two dates for the 2014 diary already: March 2 will be team announcement/declaration day and March 23 will be BSPA ratification day!

*YAWN* Bored!!

"open it anyway" - usual mistake!

Does anybody know which 7 riders are facing swindon on thur? X

Scott Nicholls

Chris Harris

Danny King

Ben Barker

Craig Cook

Josh Auty

Kyle Howarth

Don't know what the riding order will be.

"open it anyway" - usual mistake!

What are you talking about?

I still don't believe there is any issue over the declared team. Batchelor will ride whatever. The only issue left is whether Swindon are required to loan or purchase him. The 1st March date is only relevant if the BSPA haven't already dictated a purchase must be made. If they have then that will override any other rule.

As I've stated before, this simply comes down to how the BSPA want to play it. Whether Swindon believe there is a 1st March rule is irrelevant, because NOTHING changed in February. If they were entitled to loan Batchelor on 1st March, then they were entitled to loan him in February.

The fact that Swindon felt unable to take Batchelor on loan in February strongly suggests the BSPA had ruled that they would have to purchase him.

All looks very simple to me. Just up to the BSPA what they want to do. I suspect the difficulty they have is that they have promised/ruled in Peterborough's favour. The BSPA would look very weak if they allowed Swindon to bully them. I suspect the outcome is dependant on Peterborough compromising. I suspect if they do, the BSPA will publicly criticise the Swindon promotion.

Edited by 500cc
  • Like 3

I still don't believe there is any issue over the declared team. Batchelor will ride whatever. The only issue left is whether Swindon are required to loan or purchase him. The 1st March date is only relevant if the BSPA haven't already dictated a purchase must be made. If they have then that will override any other rule.

As I've stated before, this simply comes down to how the BSPA want to play it. Whether Swindon believe there is a 1st March rule is irrelevant, because NOTHING changed in February. If they were entitled to loan Batchelor on 1st March, then they were entitled to loan him in February.

The fact that Swindon felt unable to take Batchelor on loan in February strongly suggests the BSPA had ruled that they would have to purchase him.

All looks very simple to me. Just up to the BSPA what they want to do. I suspect the difficulty they have is that they have promised/ruled in Peterborough's favour. The BSPA would look very weak if they allowed Swindon to bully them. I suspect the outcome is dependant on Peterborough compromising. I suspect if they do, the BSPA will publicly criticise the Swindon promotion.

Welcome back to Vincentblackshadow, crump99, and Bigcatdiary...... ;)

• Like 1

All looks very simple to me. Just up to the BSPA what they want to do. I suspect the difficulty they have is that they have promised/ruled in Peterborough's favour. The BSPA would look very weak if they allowed Swindon to bully them. I suspect the outcome is dependant on Peterborough compromising. I suspect if they do, the BSPA will publicly criticise the Swindon promotion

are Swindon bullying? as you have stated the issue here is the BSPA. They continue to make poor decisions and lack consistency. Nothing changes.

All that is required is a backbone (not to difficult really...we are dealing with speedway promoters not mass murderers) and for them to make firm, transparent and consistent decsions that can be evenly applied to any given scenario.

It really is that simple.

• Like 2

I would say the BSPA are bullying, by not treating Swindon the same as KL. Until the BSPA have a rule and stick to it, without any favouritism or some personal agenda, depending on who's asking, you will have this debate forever and a day.

• Like 2

You forgot Blupanther - which is probably why he liked your post :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I would say the BSPA are bullying, by not treating Swindon the same as KL. Until the BSPA have a rule and stick to it, without any favouritism or some personal agenda, depending on who's asking, you will have this debate forever and a day.

Probably they are treating both clubs the same but the sticking point could be issues surrounding the individuals involved which we are not privy to? Iversen doesn't appear to have given anyone any managerial grief before whereas Batchelor has something of a track record of it!

Whoever thought that we'd get to March the 18th and still be waiting to see who has played the blinder?

Swindon are being treated the same as KL - they've got Andersen on loan just as KL have got PUK. Batchelor is an extra issue. Buy one get the other on loan seemed an acceptable compromise.

Just waiting for Bigcatdiary now!!! You got them in the wrong order by the way!! ;)

On a serious note, anyone tell me the admission price for the British Lions challenge - can't find it on the Robins website.

Edit: I must be going blind!!! £17 Doh!

Edited by TesarRacing