British Speedway Forum

Fair point, well made, but my preference remains very much with Hans. Both as a rider and as a person.

EDIT- just taken a look at the final GP standings and Hans finished above Farmer Harris. So your point wasn't actually that good at all, just selective. :P

I wasn't saying he'd scored more points - just that he had better GPs which is related to his ability to beat the so called best - what you'd expect from a top rider. Please don't confuse me with a blinkered Harris fan I was just puting their relative merits in perspective.:-)

• Like 2

You sure ? i remember saying you were stupid ...that was the biggest certainty of all time :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Shame you got that wrong, as usual. :t:

Now now gentlemen, this is a Swindon 2013 thread with good debate and discussion....we don't want it plunging down into a poolesque 'personal jibe'do we?

Orion is already lower than the (below average) Poole fan :rofl:

Plus of course i am waiting for Orion to start his annual love in with the Bees this time of year. That avatar will be changed anytime soon.

Plus Poole have some fair and decent fans to balance that point up :P

Edited by stevebrum

In the same paper today there is a good article from Simon Stead, who wants to ride for Swindon and if the rules allow wishes to d/u, something which will help him.

Having sorted out the bike and engine problems, as seen at the playoffs, I would welcome him back.

• Like 5

Rosco is quoted in the Adver denying the Harris rumour. I'm still not entirely convinced though.

Yeah all he could do is deny the rumours but i guess like Rosco said nothings ever certain!

• Like 1

Harris to BV

Harris to Belle Vue? Can't see that as a progressive move for Bomber. With Schlein leaving the Aces because he isn't certain of the management making positive noises, i can hardly see Harris jumping into his shoes. This is a big year for Chris Harris. He needs a big fast track that enables him to pass when he misses the start. A track also that lends itself to passing and not a one track line like Brandon was last year. Two tracks fit that criteria. Swindon and Kings Lynn.

I've been told the little Cornish chap is on his way back home to the west country...good move IMO.

How far back to the West Country is the question......? Somerset? Plymouth? :P

. Two tracks fit that criteria. Swindon and Kings Lynn.

I'm sure he'll look good in green and yellow. :t:
  • Like 1

How far back to the West Country is the question......? Somerset? Plymouth? :P

I'm sure he'll look good in green and yellow. :t:

Buzzers, if Bomber signs for the Robins there will be entertainment guaranteed. He's mustard around Blunsdon. Apart from the Zagarmeister, the most exciting contemporary rider i have seen. Hans at one, PK at three, and Bomber at five and we'll be shaping up for another play off final.

Buzzers, if Bomber signs for the Robins there will be entertainment guaranteed. He's mustard around Blunsdon. Apart from the Zagarmeister, the most exciting contemporary rider i have seen. Hans at one, PK at three, and Bomber at five and we'll be shaping up for another play off final.

Planning on a 50 point limit for next season?

In other news, I see Rory Schlein has publicly stated he won't be riding for Belle Vue in 2013.

Why ? thou 3 riders would take up about 23 points ...Swindon top 3 who ever they are almost certain to come in around that mark .

In other news, I see Rory Schlein has publicly stated he won't be riding for Belle Vue in 2013.

Matt what are you on about? A good looking start to a team maybe ER is right? Wouldn't object. 50'pts be nice to have that but most people would be able to pick a robins side under 43 where your 50 figure come from god knows!!

In the same paper today there is a good article from Simon Stead, who wants to ride for Swindon and if the rules allow wishes to d/u, something which will help him.

Having sorted out the bike and engine problems, as seen at the playoffs, I would welcome him back.

Absolutely. Simon really impressed, not only for the points haul and the way he rode in the Final, but also for the way he put it right. He clearly understood his bosses and us doubters and set about winning us over. I'm not going to say that i'm sorry that i doubted him, but i am going to say it was great to have the real Simon Stead back, just when we needed him. :t:

And, boy, did he ever come back! I honestly thought he was a spent force in the EL, i truly did. I hope he gets that D/U role and enjoys a great 2013 as a Robin and whoever is lucky enough to get him in the PL. He'll torch that League, big time!

Edited by BuzzCagney
  • Like 4

i have heard that Swindon at the bspa meeting next week want a 60 point limit and want Jason crump at reserve it all hangs on matt fords vote