British Speedway Forum

Jason's done his Danish League contract so won't be riding for Poole or any other Wednesday track!!

Also what happened to the suggestion that riders could only double up/down if they didn't have foreign contracts?!

But he can ride on a Friday..

But he can ride on a Friday..

Yes - for Somerset!! But that will rule him out of any EL Friday or Wednesday tracks!! So that leaves him with Wolves, BV or Eastbourne??! Hope he hasn't burnt too many bridges....! :oops:

Although I guess there is still a chance at Poole - if the majority of Poole meetings switch to Mondays - for the benefit of TV of course?! :P

Edited by Skidder

does it have a piece in youre history were poole saved you from going out of business,messers ansell and stewkesbury early 90s no wonder why you lot seem to hate poole so much if was not for them you would have folded, oh dear saved by the eneme

yes thats in there as well. The gentle Moonraker folk have no hatred for the fellow west-country folk in Knobland or anywhere else in this fine land, apart......from that Oxford lot.

Does Swindon run any stock car meetings?

used to in the late 60s...dont want the track ruined now I guess.

In the Star article it stated that there were ugly scuffles at the 2009 Grand Final against Wolves? Dont recall that at Blunsdon, although some Wolves fans, mainly teenage girls, tried to get into the pits after the meeting and clashed with stewards. Handbag stuff.

Good to see The Excaliburs building their asset base. signing Doyley as well now thanks to the influx of sponsors assistance. Shame he cant ride next season.

The club is on the up again after so many lean times over the past 45 years, and hopefully with better weather can attract the big crowds back to The Abbey.

Just need that new stadium now, and the purple gear!

Edited by beefy keefy
  • Like 2

8.18 Hans Andersen

5.78 Nick Morris

6.25 Edward Kennett ?

7.94 Troy Batchelor

6.98 Peter Kildemand

3.90 Adrian Gomolski

3.37 Ashley Birks

Very good top five if Kennett is the missing rider with four riders that could average 8 points a meeting. The reserves look the only weak point, especially away or if r/r is in operation for Morris.

Will Kennett be doubling up ? I know he was looking at doing both so much will depend on which track he rides for, but his PL average should mean any PL rider can be used as a guest like Barker, Stead, Fisher or Doyle.

Ben Barker rather than Kennett?

Ben Barker rather than Kennett?

Yes that will be good with Ben riding for Ipswich on Thursday's we'd see him 3 times in a season.

Really don't understand why they couldn't have let teams have 2 riders per double up position like last season as teams are going to have to use guests so often in 2013.

Really don't understand why they couldn't have let teams have 2 riders per double up position like last season as teams are going to have to use guests so often in 2013.

I agree. I think it's an idiotic decision, but that's pretty par for the course really. I guess that the sides lower down the pecking order were complaining that the top sides got all the best double uppers etc etc.

Swindon won the league using their own riders this year. Under this rule they would have had to use a guest in the final. How can that be better?

• Like 1

Swindon won the league using their own riders this year.

Well apart from Doyle on loan from Poole......oh and Andersen and Batchelor on loan from Peterborough.....and Lampart on loan from Eastbourne?(I think).....oh yes and Morris on loan from Glasgow and Alden on loan from Berwick.....So yes they did win the league using there own riders.............. Stead and Kildermand!!!!!!!

Well apart from Doyle on loan from Poole......oh and Andersen and Batchelor on loan from Peterborough.....and Lampart on loan from Eastbourne?(I think).....oh yes and Morris on loan from Glasgow and Alden on loan from Berwick.....So yes they did win the league using there own riders.............. Stead and Kildermand!!!!!!!

and in your back garden too.... :wink:

it quite possibly would have been 3 but unfortunately one of our assets was being utilised elsewhere :shock:

Still, it's nice to see, that even with the huge portfolio of riders under the Poole umbrella that there is an acknowledgement that there is not enough quality in those ranks, so you keep coming back to Swindon to try and pinch their's.... :drink:

Oh shut up. You know exactly the point I was trying to make... actually, maybe you don't.

Edited by Grachan

Oh shut up. You know exactly the point I was trying to make... actually, maybe you don't.

Would of put a smilie on the end of that but they don't work on an iPad.........I was just pulling your leg....honest.

and in your back garden too.... :wink:

it quite possibly would have been 3 but unfortunately one of our assets was being utilised elsewhere :shock:

Still, it's nice to see, that even with the huge portfolio of riders under the Poole umbrella that there is an acknowledgement that there is not enough quality in those ranks, so you keep coming back to Swindon to try and pinch their's.... :drink:

Who don't want to ride for them for some reason...............!!!!!!!

Local rag pretty much nails that it's Teddy Kenny. :neutral:

Kennett as oposed to Zzzzzengota or Smiler Janowski.....give me Kennett any day generally good at Blunsdon and unlike Steady very good at the smaller away's....would be a very good signing as having an established 7-8 pointer at 3 or 4 with PK is vital with inexperienced reserves and the Kid at 2...makes sense...his 6.25 will be considerably improved on despite what his legion of 'fans' at Coventry and elsewhere think