British Speedway Forum

Maths was never my strong point :lol: fair one! Alright, 3 Panthers, I think that means it would be about 38% of a title for the Panthers :lol:

That's as much as you're getting when we lift the trophy again :wink:

That's as much as you're getting when we lift the trophy again :wink:

It will do me, as we havent looked like doing much for a while. :P

• Like 1

It will do me, as we havent looked like doing much for a while. :P

May be your team should stay away from some of the Extraleague riders so loved by the Peterborough xxxxx, insert your own word.
  • Like 1

Well, welcome to Swindon Ed Kennett..

On reflection I think this is a good move for both Swindon and Ed, think the latter needed a change of scenery and what better team to go to than the EL Champions.

Hopefully, Hans and Troy will be announced shortly, giving us 4 members of last years's Championship winning team.

Ed should be able to increase his 6.25 average, certainly enough to allow Jason to deputise if necessary - that's potentially 5 of last year's all-conquering EL side. The excellent team morale should remain as a result.

I would like to add that unlike an earlier poster, I was most impressed with Troy last year (once he got going) he was committed, team rode well and made a major contribution in ensuring that those down south finished as also-rans... :D

• Like 4

Serious question. I wonder what the logic is to release Magic on 6.13, sign Doyle on 6.50 but don't use him and then sign Kennett on 6.25??

This is not meant as having a go at anyone, just be interested to understand the thinking!! Midland Robin....? Cheers.

The chance to 'release' Magic was too good to pass up I assume. Talented? - Yes, no doubt about that, commited to Swindon and riding in GB for many years to come? - I have my doubts. MR has looked at the bigger picture with this move and it's understandable, Doyle will be around the UK for many years to come but Poole will use Magic this year and we'll probably never see him ride here on a consistent basis again, especially if he gets into the GP series.

As for Doyle not making the initial team, I can only guess that he was offered a place on a full-time basis (to avoid have 3 D/U riders) and he declined so they had to look elsewhere......

l

Well, welcome to Swindon Ed Kennett..

On reflection I think this is a good move for both Swindon and Ed, think the latter needed a change of scenery and what better team to go to than the EL Champions.

Hopefully, Hans and Troy will be announced shortly, giving us 4 members of last years's Championship winning team.

Ed should be able to increase his 6.25 average, certainly enough to allow Jason to deputise if necessary - that's potentially 5 of last year's all-conquering EL side. The excellent team morale should remain as a result.

I would like to add that unlike an earlier poster, I was most impressed with Troy last year (once he got going) he was committed, team rode well and made a major contribution in ensuring that those down south finished as also-rans... :D

I have no doubts that Ed is a fine signing Yer ropes. Agreed about Batch....watching him team ride last year was a bit of a novelty, but enjoyable all the same.

The chance to 'release' Magic was too good to pass up I assume. Talented? - Yes, no doubt about that, commited to Swindon and riding in GB for many years to come? - I have my doubts. MR has looked at the bigger picture with this move and it's understandable, Doyle will be around the UK for many years to come but Poole will use Magic this year and we'll probably never see him ride here on a consistent basis again, especially if he gets into the GP series.

As for Doyle not making the initial team, I can only guess that he was offered a place on a full-time basis (to avoid have 3 D/U riders) and he declined so they had to look elsewhere......

Believe Jason wanted Premier League sorted first.

Am chuffed about the Ed signing, a great chance for him to reinvent himself.Rides the Abbey well but away i believe he will be invaluable the thing i see with him is that he always gives his all.If he gets it together which i am certain he will the robins have a terrific capture good luck Eddie and welcome to the robins.

Edited by sidney

Am chuffed about the Ed signing, a great chance for him to reinvent himself.Rides the Abbey well but away i believe he will be invaluable the thing i see with him is that he always gives his all.If he gets it together which i am certain he will the robins have a terrific capture good luck Eddie and welcome to the robins.

I agree with you Sidney, I think Kennett is a terrific capture and will only get better. His performances at the NA last year was impressive, twice coming from the back in style. No doubt Rosco knows his man and will supply Kennett with all the confidence he needs. Terrific signing.....

I agree with you Sidney, I think Kennett is a terrific capture and will only get better. His performances at the NA last year was impressive, twice coming from the back in style. No doubt Rosco knows his man and will supply Kennett with all the confidence he needs. Terrific signing.....

Fully agree with Sidney and GRW123. Ed will add so many more dimensions to our side. As previously stated, it is so useful to have a small track expert in your team and Kennett is definitely that.

I have read elsewhere that he can't ride the big tracks though. Apart from last season when he was ordinary at Blunsdon, he has always gone well at the Abbey.

I predict he will be back up to a 7 point average at least by the end of the season.

Just a thought, i wonder where the team building options will go if either Hans or Batch is not available?

Fully agree with Sidney and GRW123. Ed will add so many more dimensions to our side. As previously stated, it is so useful to have a small track expert in your team and Kennett is definitely that.

I have read elsewhere that he can't ride the big tracks though. Apart from last season when he was ordinary at Blunsdon, he has always gone well at the Abbey.

I predict he will be back up to a 7 point average at least by the end of the season.

Just a thought, i wonder where the team building options will go if either Hans or Batch is not available?

If Hans and Batch are not available, would love to see Zagar but has he not mucked Swindon about too much. The other I would like is Zengi but do not know of availability and foreign race nights.

If Crump does not ride in Poland he may be re thinking his comment about riding in the UK, but I doubt he needs the money, he could probably afford to have a couple of years off.

So Zagar and Zengi or Crump or some other rider on the second list of top riders and Jason Doyle, if they are prepared to take the risk of two d/u riders at the same club.

Edited by A ORLOV

If Hans and Batch are not available, would love to see Zagar but has he not mucked Swindon about too much. The other I would like is Zengi but do not know of availability and foreign race nights.

If Crump does not ride in Poland he may be re thinking his comment about riding in the UK, but I doubt he needs the money, he could probably afford to have a couple of years off.

So Zagar and Zengi or Crump or some other rider on the second list of top riders and Jason Doyle, if they are prepared to take the risk of two d/u riders at the same club.

Can't see you signing Crumpie on a 11 something average!!!!