British Speedway Forum

Gomolski will do the business for us mark my words.

he'll win a lot of heats at home but don't expect a lot away

And Batchelor isn't?

EIght point plus average after a terrible start says not? did you watch without your glasses? an amazing comment he also can improve.

Andersen won't be released from Peterborough until Bjerre is 100% ready and that will be around late January and early February providing he suffers no set-backs.

If Swindon go for another rider and Hans is left without a club, Hans will head to Belle Vue and his loss in earnings in terms of points money will be subsidized by the Panthers through a form of sponsorship by Readypower.

Edited by RobStefenson

Andersen won't be released from Peterborough until Bjerre is 100% ready and that will be around late January and early February providing he suffers no set-backs.

If Swindon go for another rider and Hans is left without a club, Hans will head to Belle Vue and his loss in earnings in terms of points money will be subsidized by the Panthers through a form of sponsorship by Readypower.

now where's that yawn smiley disappeared too.... :rolleyes:

And Batchelor isn't?

Batchelor showed something different this year. He was shocking during the first 10 weeks of the season but came back fighting and showing class at home and away. Furthermore, he even team rode on occasions. Perhaps showing a bit of maturity. Sure, he is a feisty character, but when he's in the mood he's superb to watch.

Alden can't be put in the same bracket. His average for Berwick wasn't particularly good. He was inconsistent for them mid season before eventually coming good for them. I have been waiting years for him to do something. Don't get me wrong, he did a fine job for us, but i just don't have that much faith in him delivering over a full season.

Seb can't ride Thursdays otherwise he'd have been an option.

Fair enough but maybe a reserve on that kind of average .

Batchelor showed something different this year. He was shocking during the first 10 weeks of the season but came back fighting and showing class at home and away. Furthermore, he even team rode on occasions. Perhaps showing a bit of maturity. Sure, he is a feisty character, but when he's in the mood he's superb to watch.

Alden can't be put in the same bracket. His average for Berwick wasn't particularly good. He was inconsistent for them mid season before eventually coming good for them. I have been waiting years for him to do something. Don't get me wrong, he did a fine job for us, but i just don't have that much faith in him delivering over a full season.

In which bracket? The inconsistency bracket? As you highlighted there ER...for the 1st 10 weeks. 10 weeks is approx 1/3 of a season.

I would expect a number 1 to be up and running more or less straight away.

Sure, Batch did well last year. If he is signed again I would want a big improvement in how the season begins. You can't carry heat leaders.

Would agree Batch will need to continue his form at the end of this season from the first meeting next year.

Might post was not a dig about Troy i thought he done great last year as did Alden ..just feel we might be better serve by more balance at reserve but we will just have to see .

Batchelor came good when it mattered, okay most fans would like it to be done all season but in speedway sometimes that doesnt happen.

Look at most riders PL and EL on an 8ish average, its rare any of them consistently post scores of 8, 9 and 10... most have up and down scores spread over a full season, in Batchelors case he ended poor and finished superbly.

Guess Jason must be going to Belle Vie or Wolves as surely can't be a Friday night track.

Still to hear about Troy & Hans & we could be in the mire if either fall through.

• Like 1

Might post was not a dig about Troy i thought he done great last year as did Alden ..just feel we might be better serve by more balance at reserve but we will just have to see .

I have no issues with either rider. Be delighted with Troy back and would have liked Seb at reserve. I was merely highlighting ER's comment that he thought Alden inconsistent but that Troy wasn't :neutral:

I have no issues with either rider. Be delighted with Troy back and would have liked Seb at reserve. I was merely highlighting ER's comment that he thought Alden inconsistent but that Troy wasn't :neutral:

Just thought that Troy has actually been consistent over the past four years or so now. His average has hovered around 7/8 whether it be at Blunsdon, Peterborough or even Ipswich. Maybe next season if he signs, we should be expecting the 'big' year...nearer to 9 would be very welcome.