British Speedway Forum

Swindon fans do you want an evening out, a group of fans are meeting at

The Wheatsheaf, Ermin St at 7pm on Sunday Dec 30th.

Have a chat with friends, make new ones and celebrate the fantastic year we have had.

Please pm if likely to attend so the pub has an idea of numbers, but not essential.

Any Poole supporters welcome.

Be good to finally meet Sidney...... :party:;)

I wonder who wrote this letter from Hans and Troy to the BSPA? Judging from his Twitter account i'm hoping its not Troy!

British Speedways very own Father Jack- feck, arse, drink, gerls......c**t!!!!!!

And just in case Frost had other things on his mind and wasn't considering Kings Lynn's teambuilding, did Lynn and Iversen consider that it might be a good idea to jog his memory and find out what the situation is. I don't see why Frost has to do anything until his management team start to put a team together and we all know that you have to negotiate past the AGM first.

That's an interesting point. I suppose their is no rule or obligation for Frost to declare his team until the day before the start of the season (or whenever the deadline is) if he doesn't want to. That might be seen as unfair to the riders but its not breaking any rules as far as I can see, especially as only one team, I think, is fully declared at present. KL and Swindon can jump up and down if they want but that's tough. He is not stopping any rider from earning a living because their is no living to be earned until the season starts, so as long as the Panthers team is declared by whatever date they have to be declared they will not have done anything wrong.

Thoughts ?

• Like 2

Morally it can't be right though, surely? These riders obviously want to get sorted out and are saying if Peterborough want to use them then to put an offer on the table. If not let them talk elsewhere. Hardly unreasonable considering they will want to organise sponsors etc for next season and will want time to get sorted.

• Like 1

What would be more worrying for the riders is if all the other EL clubs sign up two riders from the BSPA lists of top riders before Peterborough allow the riders to sign for another club.

What would be more worrying for the riders is if all the other EL clubs sign up two riders from the BSPA lists of top riders before Peterborough allow the riders to sign for another club.

Blame the BSPA for introducing the rule and whoever proposed it for starters. Peterborough are within their rights to do what they are doing whereas things might have progressed somewhat more smoothly without another curve ball appearing out of the woodwork! Looks like the riders are the piggy in the middle and one wonders how that happened with a neutral conference.

And that will be the point Peterborough will potentially open themselves up to a loss of earnings court case. Or 2!
  • Like 2

Blame the BSPA for introducing the rule and whoever proposed it for starters. Peterborough are within their rights to do what they are doing whereas things might have progressed somewhat more smoothly without another curve ball appearing out of the woodwork! Looks like the riders are the piggy in the middle and one wonders how that happened with a neutral conference.

No - don't blame the BSPA - blame the Peterborough promoters because it is them that are deliberately dragging their heels! Don't hide behind the rules :mad: How can you say they are within their rights? They are most certainly in the wrong! It doesn't take a genius to work out 4 into 1 doesn't go - so sign the one and let the others get on with securing an alternative team place - it's not rocket science !!!

• Like 2

The Panther’s action this off-season, has highlighted two issues that I believe will come back and haunt them.

Firstly, The nonchalant way they have treated their assets.

They have portrayed little importance to their rider or their wishes. That probably, In future riders will think twice before signing for them.

And Secondly, fellow Clubs and Promoters will put Panthers at the bottom of the list of clubs they do business with. The way they have mucked everyone around this year, is nothing more then contempt.

They say you reap what you sow….

• Like 1

The Panther’s action this off-season, has highlighted two issues that I believe will come back and haunt them.

They have portrayed little importance to their rider or their wishes. That probably, In future riders will think twice before signing for them.

And Secondly, fellow Clubs and Promoters will put Panthers at the bottom of the list of clubs they do business with. The way they have mucked everyone around this year, is nothing more then contempt.

complete garbage. Peterborough want to field the strongest line up possible but clearly there are some issues concerning Bjerre's injury and Ryan Fisher. Why should they allow other teams to sign their assetts before they are able to sort their own team out? Nobody is restricting a rider from earning a living. Lynn could have bought Puk instead of schlien but chose not to. They shouldn't have assumed they could use another teams assett for a third year on the trot without putting their hands in their pocket. Still 3 months to go before the start if the season so plenty of time for it all to get sorted. Fact is if you don't have any assetts you have to wait for riders to come available before trying to do a deal.

Overheard from the school playground and repeated on the BSF - "My club's richer than yours and we'll make you wait! Why? Because we can!" :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Overheard from the school playground and repeated on the BSF - "My club's richer than yours and we'll make you wait! Why? Because we can!" :rolleyes:

You're beginning to sound like Swindon's version of KKS.

No - don't blame the BSPA - blame the Peterborough promoters because it is them that are deliberately dragging their heels! Don't hide behind the rules :mad: How can you say they are within their rights? They are most certainly in the wrong! It doesn't take a genius to work out 4 into 1 doesn't go - so sign the one and let the others get on with securing an alternative team place - it's not rocket science !!!

A Kings Lynn fan can see it so why can't you?

I agree that the asset system isn't ideal but the cart is being put before the horse here, its no good ignoring the rules, getting rumbled and then saying that the asset system should be abolished. And while I agree that Mr Frost is dragging his heels a bit now as the rules stand he's perfectly within his rights to make everyone sweat as long as he pleases, he holds all the Aces.

Slightly different scenario between the clubs but it's not rocket science to compare the two.

Edited by Crump99

You may well be right about the points I have highlighted but the other side of the coin is that other clubs may get the message that when you deal with Frost you go by the book and not cut corners or make assumptions in the way that KL possibly have done. None of us have a crystal ball so we can't tell what the long term effects will be for Peterboro, for better or worse, but in the short term it seems that the ball in in Frost's court and there is not much anyone else can do about it as far as I can see. It will all sort itself out before the season starts though.
  • Like 1

You may well be right about the points I have highlighted but the other side of the coin is that other clubs may get the message that when you deal with Frost you go by the book and not cut corners or make assumptions in the way that KL possibly have done. None of us have a crystal ball so we can't tell what the long term effects will be for Peterboro, for better or worse, but in the short term it seems that the ball in in Frost's court and there is not much anyone else can do about it as far as I can see. It will all sort itself out before the season starts though.

The real danger to the promoters, following Frost's antics, is that a rider feeling hacked off & taking the BSPA to court in a Bosman situation. Remember, these riders are not tied in to a contract & are classed as self employed. If this went to court I could see all promoters losing their assets as I have no doubt that a court would see this as a breach of the same magnitude as Bosman's lawyers put forward. No contract, so rider free to ride wherever he chooses. It may well pay the BSPA to speak to Frost in their own interests or risk losing their asset bases & thus lose the loan fees that they currently get.

• Like 3