British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Jason Crump To Step Down From Sgp At Torun.

READ the previous part as well. What you have quoted above only applies AFTER the start of the new SGP season.

Maybe my English isn't that good - but I think it says withdraw prior to the start of the Grand Prix season....

and we are now prior to the 2013 season from which Jason Crump is withdrawing - I can not find anything in the regulations that makes it leagal to offer a spot to the rider in 9th place (except giving him one of the 4 permanent wild cards)

I agree with D W.Unless you are suggesting that by saying before the end of this GP season that he won't be riding that gives AJ the spot,rather than if he waited until November or January to announce his retirement?Whatever,he will still ride in the last GP,so i honestly can't see the difference.Only if he said he was now retiring and wouldn't ride the Torun GP can i see a difference.But rules seem to be made complicated by sub sections and .....grrrr

READ the previous part as well. What you have quoted above only applies AFTER the start of the new SGP season.

The passage quoted by both myself and 'Danish Webmaster' clearly states prior to the start of the season rather than as you say Philip. However Jason's announcement is before the end of this season....

There's no way that the 9th should automatically get JC's place. But let's all remember that next years rulebook is yet un-written.

• Like 1

There's no way that the 9th should automatically get JC's place. But let's all remember that next years rulebook is yet un-written.

You mean rule 9002.4b If in the event that a Ginger headed Australian should at any time not wish to participate in the GP series then a Swedish rider called Andreas will be nominated to take his place regardless of any other rule that says otherwise

THE ninth placed rider will get the call. Fact.

No one is doubting it.Might as well argue that a protestant will be the next Pope as argue against AJ being in the GPs next season

Its wrong though and I'd think whoever finishes 4th on the weekend would have the right to appeal this one. The rules are clear.

AJ should not get the place.

Here's the book, please show the rule. Or are we sticking with the fact that it'll be re'written.

• Like 2

Think the intent of the rule is after the 15 riders for the new season have been announced, then if one of the top 8 or first three in the challenge pull out, this rule comes into play. Not prior to them announcing the 15 riders.

Think the intent of the rule is after the 15 riders for the new season have been announced, then if one of the top 8 or first three in the challenge pull out, this rule comes into play. Not prior to them announcing the 15 riders.

Spot on.

We are not talking about the 15 riders but the 8+3 riders and they do not need to be announced - they qualify be effort and if they withdraw the rulebook is (for me) crystal clear.

What would be the difference if Jason waited 14 days before he announced his decision.... NONE - the rules must be the same !!!!!!

Edited by Danish Webmaster

SPOKE to both Tony Olsson and the secretary of the CCP at the FIM this morning and they both quoted me the regulations that determine who rides in the following year's SGP series in the event of (a) one of the top eight withdrawing and (B) one of the top three from the Challenge doing likewise. According to both there is no ambiguity and the ninth placed rider will replace Crump.

Did Trick finish in the top 8 the year he jacked it in?