British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Jason Crump To Step Down From Sgp At Torun.

Video of the 1st of Jason`s 23 GP victories from Hackney in 1996 http://www.sportowef...umpa-w-gp-wideo

He beat Hancock,Hamill and Nielsen

Thanks for the video,I remember it well,couldn`t speak the following day after shouting Jason home for the win :lol:

THIS says acres about Crumpie ...

http://speedwaygp.co...ips-for-the-top

Anyone whos seen Crumpy with the "kids" knows what a star he is. I remember him running a training school at Newport circa-05, he spent the day running between the track and helping the rider who were at the school, running into the crowd to pose for photos and sign autographs for the fans and in between it all he was going to check on his wife and kids and spend time with them.

Also the 2001 Welsh Open, between each of his heats Crumpy was walking around the track signing autographs, after the meeting when the pits were open he stood by his van signing autographs that long that I managed to go in the bar, have a couple of drinks and he was STILL signing autographs and chatting with he fans.

A great rider, but also someone who does the sport proud.

Anyone whos seen Crumpy with the "kids" knows what a star he is. I remember him running a training school at Newport circa-05, he spent the day running between the track and helping the rider who were at the school, running into the crowd to pose for photos and sign autographs for the fans and in between it all he was going to check on his wife and kids and spend time with them.

I was on that training school! Pissed it down all day. Great bloke, chuffed to have met him.

No 1995

cheers

i was going to say..... I don't remember much from that fabled gollob/boyce night anyway .....but i'm sure I would have remembered Crump winning the final

cheers

i was going to say..... I don't remember much from that fabled gollob/boyce night anyway .....but i'm sure I would have remembered Crump winning the final

1st Hancock 2nd Ermolenko 3rd Loram 4th Gustafsson

This topic has certainly strayed a bit, but nevertheless, I have a lot of respect for Jason Crump, and would always want him to do well in the SGP. Really top and decent man, and the SGP will miss him, but as long as there are top-class riders coming through, the SGP will keep on rolling along.

When you have got Hannock riding into his 40's Crump still had every chance of winning one more! Shame for me, but the old guard will let the young ones through!

Crump....Speedway Legend!

CRUMPIE has never been a record chaser and came out with one telling remark recently:

"When I drop my kids off at school it doesn't matter whether I am a three times World Champion or a four times World Champion."

If he was doing this for the next generation i just wished he had waited until after the GP Challenge to see if a youngster had just missed out in 4th place and then given his spot to him rather than to AJ who like i said beofre the season started hasn't really developed much after his initial burst into the GPs.Shame really on both counts

OK, 9th from the GP can have the place LOL. AJ or Ales, not a hard choice.

OK, 9th from the GP can have the place LOL. AJ or Ales, not a hard choice.

Ales Dryml has atleast once, possibly twice almost died on track or in the hospital after a crash in speedway. Today he's practically European speedway individual champion leading by 6 points in the standing with 5 (of 20) heats left, he's a regular in the longtrack GP next season having come second in the challenge and now he's 1st reserve in SGP 2013. Even though I think he's not the man for the GP spot, I'll take my hat off for him. :t:

EDIT: Ales Dryml IS individual speedway European Champion 2012.

Edited by f-s-p

Sportowefakty have entered into the debate about AJ or Ales Dryml for Crumpy`s place.

google translation

Jason Crump has announced that next season will compete for the world championship. According to the Rules of the Australian Grand Prix to replace Ales Dryml.

Point Grand Prix Regulations 077.8.5 says: "Should a rider or riders who have qualified Directly, either by being in the top 8 of the Final Overall Grand Prix Classification or in the top 3 of the FIM Grand Prix qualification system, withdraw prior to the start of the Grand Prix season, the first rider or riders available on the Official Grand Prix Qualified Substitute letter Shall replace him or them. ".

This means that the first candidate to replace Jason Crump will first backup cycle. So far, the list of substitutes were created based on the results of the Grand Prix Challenge (speedway fourth of the tournament was the first candidate to replace other, etc.).

On Saturday in the Croatian Gorican fourth place was taken by Ales Dryml. If the rules do not change, it was the Czech Republic should start in next year's competition for the title of best player in the world. You may pre-season 2013 will be modified to create a list of rules, and then substitutes a chance to performances in the Grand Prix will receive this year's ninth speedway championship. In this modification will expect Andreas Jonsson, who is most likely to take ninth place. In the event that replaced Dryml Crump, "AJ" will have to rely on a constant wild card from the organizers of the cycle

DIDN'T realise there was an Australian Grand Prix. Must have missed that one.

There is no debate. The ninth placed rider replaces Jason Crump.

Ales Dryml has atleast once, possibly twice almost died on track or in the hospital after a crash in speedway. Today he's practically European speedway individual champion leading by 6 points in the standing with 5 (of 20) heats left, he's a regular in the longtrack GP next season having come second in the challenge and now he's 1st reserve in SGP 2013. Even though I think he's not the man for the GP spot, I'll take my hat off for him. :t:

EDIT: Ales Dryml IS individual speedway European Champion 2012.

I have nothing but respect and admiration for what Ales has been through and achieved. He deserves plenty of success. That said, Ales Dryml just doesn't cause any emotion for me when he's on track, he's just, "meh, so what?" at least an on song AJ is great to watch. Plus anyone who's bikes and race suit design are based on Lightening McQueen is cool with me!

DIDN'T realise there was an Australian Grand Prix. Must have missed that one.

There is no debate. The ninth placed rider replaces Jason Crump.

There is a debate though, one based on the rules and guidelines and one based on, well, what is your side based on?