British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle V Somerset Double Header Sun 30/09/2012 @ 5pm

sensible move by both clubs to stage home and away double headers. Commuting to each track takes all day and the weather doesn't fill you with confidence. Hopefully it will be dry on Friday and Sunday and both fixtures will be raced off

sensible move by both clubs to stage home and away double headers. Commuting to each track takes all day and the weather doesn't fill you with confidence. Hopefully it will be dry on Friday and Sunday and both fixtures will be raced off

And the diamonds to win all four matches 50 40 ?

Hope Ned is feeling fully fit and raring to go because he will have plenty of work to do. Huge test of man and machine and how he copes with it could be the key to the Diamonds chances against a very decent Somerset pair. He surely can't be expected to take 7 rides in every meeting so Paul Starke (assuming he guests) will have to ride well.

Hope Ned is feeling fully fit and raring to go because he will have plenty of work to do. Huge test of man and machine and how he copes with it could be the key to the Diamonds chances against a very decent Somerset pair. He surely can't be expected to take 7 rides in every meeting so Paul Starke (assuming he guests) will have to ride well.

For us to have any chance, he has to take 7 rides I think.

It's interesting to note the pricing policy for the two double-headers. For the average full paying adult customer the OTA is the place to be, where they are charging £23 compared to £25 at Brough Park. However for senior citizens (and other concessions) Newcastle's admission of £18 is more generous than the £20 on offer at Somerset. The £1 deal for kids at Somerset, is a real winner when compared to a fiver at Brough Park.

So for a family of four going to Somerset it's £48, whilst the same family would pay £60 at Newcastle.

I appreciate that each track has different costs and overheads, but the comparison is interesting nonetheless.

It's interesting to note the pricing policy for the two double-headers. For the average full paying adult customer the OTA is the place to be, where they are charging £23 compared to £25 at Brough Park. However for senior citizens (and other concessions) Newcastle's admission of £18 is more generous than the £20 on offer at Somerset. The £1 deal for kids at Somerset, is a real winner when compared to a fiver at Brough Park.

So for a family of four going to Somerset it's £48, whilst the same family would pay £60 at Newcastle.

I appreciate that each track has different costs and overheads, but the comparison is interesting nonetheless.

Those Somerset fans who attended the match against Newcastle in League Cup Semi last Wednesday were also given a £2.00 discount voucher upon entry to use against normal addmission price for the Rebels first home Play-Off match, which will be on Friday (as part of the double-header) so for those folk it does actually knock a further £2.00 off the adult & concession price on Friday at the OTA

Booking in advance online via the Newcastle website for the Brough Park double-header, would mean a discount of £1 per person. Not much I grant you, but as Tesco would say "every little helps."

Edited by The Abbott

Booking in advance online via the Newcastle website would mean a discount of £1 per person. Not much I grant you, but as Tesco would say "every little helps."

Plus of course that Newcastle pay a stupid high stadium rent, and Somerset take all the food and drinks income instead of William Hill as at our place.

Different folks, different strokes.

Nope, it isn't. It's not like anyone is going to go to one venue as opposed to the other, based on price comparison. There's a dozen reasons for them being structured differentlywhich makes comparison pointless rather than interesting.

A 75 year old couple, going with their 2 adult kids....plus the £1 discount on line means its £4 quid cheaper for a family of 4..happy days....can I go in with you and your lass Dave?? :)

Nope, it isn't. It's not like anyone is going to go to one venue as opposed to the other, based on price comparison. There's a dozen reasons for them being structured differentlywhich makes comparison pointless rather than interesting.

Ah I see our friend Backless is now establishing himself the "interesting police"!!! Whilst I don't think that Pere's comments are that relevant, they are a darn sight more interesting than the pointless drivel that he's just posted!!!!

Booking in advance online via the Newcastle website for the Brough Park double-header, would mean a discount of £1 per person. Not much I grant you, but as Tesco would say "every little helps."

If comments from North of the Border earlier in the season are any thing to go by, stand by for a myriad of complaints. Apparently there are those that believe that it's unfair that those with computers can obtain and enjoy discounts, whilst those without access are unable to do so.

A 75 year old couple, going with their 2 adult kids....plus the £1 discount on line means its £4 quid cheaper for a family of 4..happy days....can I go in with you and your lass Dave?? :)

Would love the opportunity arson, but we go on holiday again on Sunday as you know. We of course will miss the pleasure of buying you chips and icecream and taking you to the toilet, and insisting on you washing your hands afterwards. Aye son, the pleasures of parenthood. :D

• Like 2

in the opinion of the latest guise of Snacky's little gimp mask wearing pet it might be interesting, but not to those who don't subscribe to breeding within the family.

Would love the opportunity arson, but we go on holiday again on Sunday as you know. We of course will miss the pleasure of buying you chips and icecream and taking you to the toilet, and insisting on you washing your hands afterwards. Aye son, the pleasures of parenthood. :D

Any chance you can take Snacky with you... :lol::P

Any chance you can take Snacky with you... :lol::P

NO!!! I will already be taking one who tries to keep me right with spelling and everything else. You're stuck with him for the period. :D

Anyway. What you doing on here. Should you not be walking the streets, delivery post and emptying your sack. :shock::t: