British Speedway Forum

Is it confirmed that it's the last we've seen of PK? If so what a great shame, I've said it many times before but what a great rider, hard but never dirty, a great racer and a nice guy to top it all off. Surely one of the most universally liked riders ever? Is there anyone with a bad word to say about the guy?

Can i just add too that PK was and is one of the most pleasant speedway riders to chat with

in the pits or out GOOD LUCK to PK

don't be true...!

What an awful way to end a great great mans career! :cry:

PK = Legend!!! :t:

Who says its ended?? :blink:

Who says its ended?? :blink:

We don't know for certain that it is ended, but he'll be 44 years old in December and he has just had two steel rods in his back. He can't go on for ever. I am a big big fan of PK but I would rather see him at the top or not at all. It will leave a huge gap in British speedway if and when he goes but he has had two nasty crashes this year I and don't want to see him hurt again.

We don't know for certain that it is ended, but he'll be 44 years old in December and he has just had two steel rods in his back. He can't go on for ever. I am a big big fan of PK but I would rather see him at the top or not at all. It will leave a huge gap in British speedway if and when he goes but he has had two nasty crashes this year I and don't want to see him hurt again.

I could not agree more I have been a huge fan of PK but feel this maybe an injury too far plus I did think that this would be the last season we would see him over here regardless of the recent injuries.To have been in the top 10 riders in the EL at the age of 43 was amazing and should be our lastng memory of him IMO ,PK give it best and don't be tempted to go to the "well" once too often .

As a wolves fan ive seen the very best of PK flying a round the green and I think it only fitting he retires at the top and a good farewell meeting is given with fans from all over turning out for a really nice guy.

Indeed. Thats why its a little disappointing when people just assume he is finished without any info to back it up.

PK is a strong rider and human being and nothing would please me more than to see him bounce back and get back on a bike next season and being FIT more importantly.

As i have said before IF this ends his career then it will be a very sad day for British Speedway the day that happens.

Until now lets just all wish him well and a complete recovery instead of speculating.

It was good to hear he was at the Swedish GP last Saturday - shame they couldn't manage an interview.

• Like 1

Indeed. Thats why its a little disappointing when people just assume he is finished without any info to back it up.

PK is a strong rider and human being and nothing would please me more than to see him bounce back and get back on a bike next season and being FIT more importantly.

As i have said before IF this ends his career then it will be a very sad day for British Speedway the day that happens.

Until now lets just all wish him well and a complete recovery instead of speculating.

I don't think there is a person on here who wants this to be the end of PK's career but in most cases we are being realistic ,however should he make a full recovery and return to the saddle next season that would be great news .

after speaking to his brother magnus at the plrc i had to ask the question "will he ride again" the answer was thats the plan dont write him off yet watch this space.

• Like 1

after speaking to his brother magnus at the plrc i had to ask the question "will he ride again" the answer was thats the plan dont write him off yet watch this space.

Excellent news. It's never nice for any rider to be forced to retire.

Anyone know what the oldest rider to ride in the EL is? Could PK be going or that title?

Excellent news. It's never nice for any rider to be forced to retire.

Anyone know what the oldest rider to ride in the EL is? Could PK be going or that title?

Sudden Sam I believe at 45yrs old that is riding a proper full season and not just riding now and again.

Sudden Sam I believe at 45yrs old that is riding a proper full season and not just riding now and again.

Must be the Wolves connection then. Maybe Freddie and Tai have another 20-25 years left in them yet!