British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle V Leicester League Play Off Sunday 7th October 2012

After the Somerset matches it will be good to face a "lesser" team in Leicester. No disrepect towards the Lions just my opinion that Leicester will not be the tough nut that Somerset were, whilst still being a good side. A good home win is what the doctor orders so go on Diamonds give us something to shout about

trouble is it could be game over by then if they dont win at leicester! another nail in the play off coffin hopefully

trouble is it could be game over by then if they dont win at leicester! another nail in the play off coffin hopefully

Hopefully not :wink: Our heatleader's need to stop fannying around and score well from their first race through to their last. An away 4-pointer would be nice*...

* but I don't really expect it to happen!

Hopefully not :wink: Our heatleader's need to stop fannying around and score well from their first race through to their last. An away 4-pointer would be nice*...

* but I don't really expect it to happen!

It would be a near miracle, but ambition is crytical,,,

and is Ned back in the top five ?

It would be a near miracle, but ambition is crytical,,,

and is Ned back in the top five ?

Yep, so we might be knackered at reserve now.

Like when Newcastle used the likes of Wilkinson, Newman & Aspegren at reserve during the league matches? that kind of "knackered"?

Leicester need to limit the damage away, if at all possible. Then thump them at home.

Leicester need to limit the damage away, if at all possible. Then thump them at home.

It's not a two leg match. It's two separate matches. So both teams are trying to collect all 3 league points on their home track, although race-points difference could be crucial.

Edited by The Abbott
  • Like 1

On our travels we have pushed the home teams close all season picking up the odd point most away matches but have found it hard to actually get wins away. Leicester are a good side as are the Diamonds so who knows what will happen. It would be great to finish our league campaign by doing the double but that is doubtful. If Claes moves back up we need a good guest for Richie. I presume we can bring a guest in again?

Let me be the first to congratulate our promoters for a really good season 2012. Mistakes may have been made but all in all a big thank you to George, Darryl, Andrew and co. I have enjoyed my speedway this year. Lets have more of this in 2013

Should also remind people it is a 7pm start on Sunday.

Well after a disappointing result last night can the diamonds consolidate by winning tonights match? is Cristian Henry ok after being withdrawn last night? I hope so, as he's had mainly a whole injury free season so I hope it stays that way for him.

Weather update at 10.09 its bright blue sky about two miles from the track and very sunny but I would suggest wrapping up warm as I think it will be a cool night, and please remember its a 7pm start!

I hope with the football being on and the fact that its supposed to be a meaningless match that we are able to still attract a decent crowd i will be there its still 15 heats of speedway in my book meaningless or not i still need my fix of speedway howay the diamonds

Leicester have no Jari Makinen tonite as he popped his shoulder in last nights meeting. We have Simon Lambert in his place and i hope we put on a better show than our last visit there. I shall not be attending after beong subjected too foul and abusive language by Newcastle fans (old and young) and will never step foot in the place again!!!

Matty Wethers guests for Richie for the Diamonds.