British Speedway Forum
TheReturn

Referee Just Bottled Semi Decision

holder should have been excluded - pity title tainted by incompetent referee decision

Holder should have gone. If it had of been the other way round NP would have been out ...

What i didn't like to see was all Holder's crew/family/hangers on etc, out on track fighting .

Hope that ref is not at Swindon on Mon.........................

Wow...I wouldnt have wanted to call that! He got it wrong in my opinion, rules are rules and quite simply he didnt stick to them!

Go back and watch the first 20 yards again where Nikki tries to make Chris ride the grass and then tell me it was the wrong decision! Well played ref - you saw straight through Pedersens little game there and called it spot on.

He got to the corner infront and trapped him, its the ideal move in speedway to put your bike infront of the the other guys bike!

• Like 4

My unbiased view was that it should have been a no brainer to exclude Holder. I have previously thought Ackroyd is a poor referee and he proved it again tonight.

• Like 1

Usually means when one bike is ahead of another, like Nicki was. Holder should have lifted and conceded the corner and got very lucky.

He deserves to be world champion as he was clearly the quickest rider, but not like that

Just looked at it again - try it fot yourself.

Freeze it at the point where they just start to turn and Nickis front wheel is inches from the curb and Holder forced onto the grass.

Tell me how much of Holders front wheel can you see? You can see half of it!!

Nicki was not in front!!

• Like 1

Blew up 1 race to late................hope it's expensive

Between 5-6000 in Euros (if indeed a full stop/scrap metal from now on).

Funny thing is, when I saw PJR in the pits I thought straight away how many heats are each engine destined to last... What ever, someone counted wrong.

Edited by f-s-p

Wow...I wouldnt have wanted to call that! He got it wrong in my opinion, rules are rules and quite simply he didnt stick to them!

He got to the corner infront and trapped him, its the ideal move in speedway to put your bike infront of the the other guys bike!

Fair enough but then if there's bunching/contact and someone goes down you take a risk that it'll be all four back - specially so early in the race.

Freeze it at the point where they just start to turn and Nickis front wheel is inches from the curb and Holder forced onto the grass.

Nicki was not in front!!

Nicki made a better start then Holder and Holder couldn't accept and and striked Nicki, CH wasn't particular much in control either.

You know when someone outgates you, you have to accept that and don't try to ride through them.

NP outgated Holder so Nicki was fully entitled to take the inside line. Why should he, who did the better gate, move aisde and let CH past?

holder should of been excluded and then got an EF in the final , when your luck is in its in , as for the scuffle before the semi thats what you get when you let snap back pit cap idiots in the pits, should be 1 rider 3 mechanics(gp level) , no hangers on ,anyway well done chris holder

• Like 2

People really need to watch the replays properly. It's as clear as day in the Semi Final Pedersen came across Holder, contact was made which caused Holder to lift. All 4 was the only option, I can't for the life of me see how any other decision could have been made.

• Like 8

Nicki made a better start then Holder and Holder couldn't accept and and striked Nicki, CH wasn't particular much in control either.

You know when someone outgates you, you have to accept that and don't try to ride through them.

NP outgated Holder so Nicki was fully entitled to take the inside line. Why should he, who did the better gate, move aisde and let CH past?

Isn't Nikki always the one moaning about being given room to race when he goes down? He gated Holder but then got greedy and tried to take his track - if he'd given him just a little more room Holder would've had no excuses...

• Like 2

The SGP site feed froze at times, I thought CH hit a rut and no choice but to swipe Nicki out in order to stay up himself, since there was no room. Well actually he could have ridden through him, but that would not have been the sensible thing to do. Would have mes sed up his leathers and all... ;)

Nicki was not in front!!

He wasn't forced onto the grass, he took to the grass by choice when he knew that he was beaten to the first corner as lifting off probably would have allowed the other 2 past.

I haven't heard a single rider say it was the correct decision yet and almost every post on this thread apart from yours suggest it was incorrect too.

I understand that you are just supporting your rider and trying to justify it but he was in the wrong there. I'm a Michael Schumacher fan so I know how you feel! :lol:

holder should of been excluded and then got an EF in the final , when your luck is in its in , as for the scuffle before the semi t

hats what you get when you let snap back pit cap idiots in the pits, should be 1 rider 3 mechanics(gp level) , no hangers on ,anyway well done chris holder

Well as long as they stay at the riders pit area no problem but perhaps only allow one mechanic at the track entrance.