British Speedway Forum
TheReturn

Referee Just Bottled Semi Decision

Holder took Nicki off, no matter what way you look at it, regardless of first bend or home straight lap 3....Nicki gated and clamped him, a perfect move by any rider from trap 2....holder should have backed off ( easy to say in world final I know) but he's very fortunate as it could have easily cost him the title and I think many refs would have excluded him...fair play though he's been good all year.

Nice to see Lindback win, his performances since monster sponsorship has well improved...outsider for next year if he can be a bit more consistent.

• Like 3

Nice to see Lindback win, his performances since monster sponsorship has well improved...outsider for next year if he can be a bit more consistent.

He is an enigma, but for the first time, tonight I saw a real all round performance from Lindback. In previous years, and for parts of this year too Lindback would gate and look unbeatable, but would have a bad first bend and look no better than Harris. Yet tonight, he was racing hard, and really impressed me tonight. As you say, if he can be more consistent, who knows, he could be up there next season.

• Like 1

1st bend bunching both riders not giving an inch they touch going into the corner. Causing holder to straighten up as a result running Into pedersen right call by the ref

Yep agree with that. I'm just glad all four were back in the re-run as it would have been the biggest disappointing anti-climax ever if Holder had been excluded. Best decision by the referee to let the battle be fought out on the track.

• Like 5

Yep agree with that. I'm just glad all four were back in the re-run as it would have been the biggest disappointing anti-climax ever if Holder had been excluded. Best decision by the referee to let the battle be fought out on the track.

anti climax if pedersen needed to win or come 2nd In the final to be world champion ? Plus there would have been a chance of holder and pedersen finishing on the same points !
  • Like 1

Doesnt matter what you arm chair experts think.

Theres only one person who matters and that was the ref.

Chris Holder is the new world champion.

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Go you Aussie.

Junior

If the roles had been reversed would we have heard a Danish voice saying he put the bike down too easily ya know?? Remember AJ in Mallila.

• Like 1

Perfectly executed bike lay down by Nicki, followed by the hand clap , smile, and probably the thought , "Yes!!, I ve got him out, now it will be mine.

• Like 3

Perfectly executed bike lay down by Nicki, followed by the hand clap , smile, and probably the thought , "Yes!!, I ve got him out, now it will be mine.

Don't forget the delayed footballer-esque holding of the thigh and pretending to be injured!

• Like 2

Very lucky Mr Holder, very very lucky indeedy .... as a earlier poster said shame the great unwashed of Australia had to spoil it with the squabble ...Nicki was giving Chris stick and Noddy was just laughing at him ,, then enter the convicts and all hell breaks loose :neutral:

Holder should have been excluded for sure :mad:

bike lay down....give over :)

Holder, Holder, world champion.

Maybe you poms can claim him , go back a few hundred years to the convict days and stake a claim.

Will be the closest you lot get to having a world champion.

Holder, Holder, Yesssssssssssssssssssssss.

Junior

Well, I will disagree with the majority and say that the ref made the correct decision. Pedersen wasn't clear of Holder and there's a difference between clamping an opponent and running them onto the centre green which is what Nicki tried to do. Holder, quite rightly, wasn't having it and the inevitable collision ensued. It was just an untidy first bend incident and better to let them rerun and decide matters over 4 laps.

As for the handbags at the pit gate, brilliant, let's have more of this. It works for ice hockey so why not?

• Like 2

Why lay the bike down if the person that you want to win over is behind you?

• Like 1

Holder, Holder, world champion.

Maybe you poms can claim him , go back a few hundred years to the convict days and stake a claim.

Will be the closest you lot get to having a world champion.

Holder, Holder, Yesssssssssssssssssssssss.

Junior

Well we can see why your called "Junior" I suppose :lol:

Holder should have been excluded.

We all complain about the Polish ref, Grodski or something like that, for making the wrong call but at least he doesn't bottle it and makes a call. Ackroyd's non-decision is up there with 'The Worlds's Best' ,Tony Steele's non-decision when he bottled excluding a rider after an incident on the second or third lap a few years back and allowed both riders back into the rerun.

Shameful.

• Like 2