British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
michaelcroucher

New Year Classic Speedway

Think Bish and Gary are taking a big gamble organising an evening meeting in December, especially as it will be a longer meeting than the normal 15 heats, good luck to them and I hope it's a success. Perhaps we could watch it in the warmth of the club house, on the big screen and Di could sell windscreen ice scrapers for when you return to your car after the meeting.

Don`t think cold weather will be too much of a problem OT, I remember being at the opening meeting one year down at the OTA, before the Club House was built and it was one degree that night.Provided it don`t rain or snow,they will get a good crowd imo.

:lol:

Don`t think cold weather will be too much of a problem OT, I remember being at the opening meeting one year down at the OTA, before the Club House was built and it was one degree that night.Provided it don`t rain or snow,they will get a good crowd imo.

I remember that meeting, and one in March about 3 seasons ago when I dived into the club house in between each heat to keep warm. Unfortunately as my bones get older I feel the cold more, perhaps I need a hot women to warm me up? Offers on a postcard please! :lol:

Edited by oldtimer

Having watched Ice racing in Russia at -25°C the OTA should be somewhat warmer!

However like oldtimer I have dived in and out of the clubhouse before now!

I remember that meeting, and one in March about 3 seasons ago when I dived into the club house in between each heat to keep warm. Unfortunately as my bones get older I feel the cold more, perhaps I need a hot women to warm me up? Offers on a postcard please! :lol:

Mrs OT has sent me a postcard :t:

• Like 2

Take that Horse in the picture with you in a box, tie it up outside the clubhouse, put a Rug on it and go out occasionally and put your hands inside the rug either side, that will warm you up!!! ;)

Edited by Starman2006

Does this mean that the reason ( that some gave) the season has to end in October due to insurance etc is a load of bollox then??...:)

Riders so far:-

David Howe

Ricky Ashworth

Simon Lambert

Lewis Bridger

Ben Barker

Ryan Fisher

Randy Oldenziel

Does this mean that the reason ( that some gave) the season has to end in October due to insurance etc is a load of bollox then??... :)

Excellent question, any answers?

Excellent question, any answers?

When this came up previously I was told the licences and contracts end on October 31st, and that would mean the riders couldn't be insured. Won't these out-of-season meetings get one-day licences issued?

Does this mean that the reason ( that some gave) the season has to end in October due to insurance etc is a load of bollox then??... :)

I'd assume that extra insurance cover and licensing is required for the one off day.

I'd assume that extra insurance cover and licensing is required for the one off day.

Correct,wonder if the license fee for the out of season meeting has gone up from last years event.

i know this is not the new year classic but in the xmas cracker how many of the riders will be rebels in 2013,normaly new faces for the home team ride,not alot it looks?

Edited by cat2

Most Aussies are back in Australia now, ruling out a large majority of our team I fancy.

Most Aussies are back in Australia now, ruling out a large majority of our team I fancy.

heard any roumers about who we have for next year? Edited by cat2