British Speedway Forum

Still need a texter for this....anyone?

I'll do it if i manage to get the live stream working.

Edited by spin king junior
  • Like 2

Bad that there is a link for other countries to watch it but not our own

Cant say I'm surprised given we see this all the time with Premier League Football. The 3pm Saturday games are always made avaible for oversea's fans, the Premier League come out with such bollocks like it would affect the crowd sizes. So what if an Arsenal fan lives in Glasgow, he cant afford to commute, as his main priority rightly is his family. He cant afford see his team not his fault but someone in Auckland, many thousands of miles away, can. Crazy!!

Shame its creeping into speedway, not everyone can make to Swindon tonight. Yet people in other countries, that probably dont give a rats arse, have the chance to watch it whilst we dont. Great treatment of the loyal British Speedway fans. :blink:

Another thing that has annoyed me and is why we should have seen this coming, is Gospeed asking the Speedway filming companies to remove all race clips off Youtube earlier this year. I dont understand it, Youtube is so popular and can reach a wide audience, so why cut it off. Surely we want to attract new fans to the sport, or am I missing the point totally ?

Edited by Brummie Kev
  • Like 1

Weather fine, bright and light cloud. A good line up on a good track.

I'll do it if i manage to get the live stream working.

Thanks...we have got a texter now, so panic over.

1. Ward

2. Iversen

3. Kildemand

Dont wanna lash out 50 quid for this, so season at The Stade de Lite finished for me on Monday, a triffik meeting. Hope the weather and racing is decent tonight and a Robin wins it. Wardy must be favourite. Apart from the Cardiff GP I'm not a big fan of individual meetings, but I'm sure the guys will be giving 100% to win it.

Cant say I'm surprised given we see this all the time with Premier League Football. The 3pm Saturday games are always made avaible for oversea's fans,

Best investment I ever made was for a motorised satellite dish. With the "right" receiver you can get so many sports channels from all over Europe that show for free what we have to pay SkySports for in the UK. Nice to be able to watch Polish and Swedish speedway in HD on a 46 inch TV screen, rather than have a 2 inch display on a PC with adverts getting in the way all the time. Saturday afternoon football is on too, and with a choice of audio you can even get an English commentary.

I'll be changing my receiver in the winter, to one that is permanently connected to the internet as well as to the dish, so that it can also show IPTV (sometimes known as WebTV) so that I will be able to see Kanal Sport from Denmark with their Danish league speedway as well.

Another thing that has annoyed me and is why we should have seen this coming, is Gospeed asking the Speedway filming companies to remove all race clips off Youtube earlier this year. I dont understand it, Youtube is so popular and can reach a wide audience, so why cut it off. Surely we want to attract new fans to the sport, or am I missing the point totally ?

Just wait til GoofSpeed read up a little bit more about "media rights" and flex their muscles even further and go after the amateur internet radio channels, (3 at Birmingham that I've heard about) and the texters and tweeters. It'll make the booting out of the BBC Radio WM crew from Kings Lynn, a couple of years ago, seem like nothing in comparison.

Edited by uk martin

I have tried proxy's mate but I have used them in the past but the stream doesn't load.

Send me a PM if you or anybody else has a solution as I really want to watch Michael.

PM me too plz, I'm just looking into ip changers etc

I find it hugely ironic that i, located in a small town in the USA, and a mega user of streams, can watch this today, whilst the real fans in the UK who support the sport with their weekly admission money are denied the chance to see it. Wouldn't it have been a nice gesture for the BSPA to say "We want to thank you all for supporting us through a very difficult year. We know finances are strained and the weather has caused you many wasteful and expensive trips. Please enjoy this and tell your friends."

I hope someone finds a way around this as suggested above and you are able to watch as i am able.

Regards and good luck. Alan.

• Like 5

Let's hope it somehow works....

Sam Masters on his way to the ELRC :(

Who has pulled out? Schlein...?

Edited by Jepsen Jensen Racing

if anyone manages to get a stream up could you please send me a PM with how you did it, thanks much appreciated