British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Main Man

Mdl Play-off Final Over One Leg At Rye House Sat 13th Oct

MDL title to be decided over one leg Saturday at Rye House

Following the postponement due to the curfew of the 1st Leg of the Midland Development League Play Off Final 1st Leg at Belle Vue on Wednesday night it has been agreed that the title will be decided over one leg only.

The leg at Rye House on Saturday (October 13th) will now be the title decider over six heats with a run-off 7th heat if the scores are tied. MDL Co-ordinator Kelvin Lapworth reached agreement between Milton Keynes and Belle Vue as a compromise after the home leg in Manchester was called off for the second time in as many weeks.

He commented, “ It is not the perfect scenario but with time running out and the weather not being on our side something had to be done. Hopefully the sun will be shining in Hertfordshire on Saturday and we can crown the 2012 MDL champions. Due to holidays I am unable to attend myself but Laurence Rogers, who has assisted me in running the MDL this year, will be there to present the trophy to the winning team.”

v

Rained off!!!! I am now trying to see if the final can be re-arranged at a neutral track --otherwise it is down to the BSPA to decide how the league title will be decided.

Rained off!!!! I am now trying to see if the final can be re-arranged at a neutral track --otherwise it is down to the BSPA to decide how the league title will be decided.

Never had these problems last year - it must be you!!

• Like 1

Can't it be staged along with the re-arranged RHh vs. sheffield fixture next Satuday (20th.) - after all, was meant to be the second half of this fixture yeatday and you can be sure Rye shall use the same progs with therefore the MDL Final race card printed in it..?

Can't it be staged along with the re-arranged RHh vs. sheffield fixture next Satuday (20th.) - after all, was meant to be the second half of this fixture yeatday and you can be sure Rye shall use the same progs with therefore the MDL Final race card printed in it..?

Belle Vue dont want to travel to rye house again next week.

Rye House/Milton Keynes didn't want to travel to Manchester for a re-staging after last week's abandonment, so it was agreed to run over just whichever leg avoided the weather. With both meetings falling foul of the weather and neither leg able to go ahead, it seems that one leg at a neutral half-way venue is the preferred option.

Rye House/Milton Keynes didn't want to travel to Manchester for a re-staging after last week's abandonment, so it was agreed to run over just whichever leg avoided the weather. With both meetings falling foul of the weather and neither leg able to go ahead, it seems that one leg at a neutral half-way venue is the preferred option.

Think you will find milton keynes WHERE willing to travel back to Belle Vue, but their are no dates availble.

Throuble with Belle Vue is that the MDL have tried to race their and have 6 rain offs

Belle Vue still have 1 more league fixture in the MDL against Coventry Mercia Vikings

Maybe they'll need to not be a play off and just have the table toppers as the league winners. This was the decision we took re the AJL when it became clear fitting in a play off would be difficult.

I am hopefully of finding a suitable solution to get the title decided on track and have had one offer of a date off one track but looking at the alternatives before discussing with the two clubs. I have also spoken with Alex Harkness the BSPA Chairman at the PLRC to discuss the course of action if the final is not run by the final day of the season.

As I am not able to announce the venue until the end of the week Buxton on Sunday is not possible and there are other elements to take into account.