British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Workington V Newcastle Ko Cup 2nd Leg Sat 20th October 2012

7 points from 2 heat leaders made it close !!!!!! well done the rest of the lads

Is there a meeting tomorrow night?????

i agree, No there's nothing on tomorrow.

7 points from 2 heat leaders made it close !!!!!! well done the rest of the lads

Is there a meeting tomorrow night?????

There's been some bad performances from riders nearing the end of the season.

The promotion didn't allow for a meeting tomorrow, as, if they were out of the KO comp tonight, there would not have been a fixture to run.

Now we have meetings with Ippy, presumably with Ippy on Thursday and our final meeting with them next Sunday. Pray for no rainoffs.

Edited by Tsunami

Well done Robbo and Ned

Hope we can win it now. The lads deserve a trophy for the season as a whole.

• Like 1

i dont think its just been the end of the season

What I meant there has been some key races, especially Heat 15's, where we have been very disappointing. Remember we built a top heavy side with two number 1's, but have turned into a strength in depth because of those performances and the improvement of the middle three.

There's been some bad performances from riders nearing the end of the season.

The promotion didn't allow for a meeting tomorrow, as, if they were out of the KO comp tonight, there would not have been a fixture to run.

Now we have meetings with Ippy, presumably with Ippy on Thursday and our final meeting with them next Sunday. Pray for no rainoffs.

Witches v Somerset in 2nd leg of League Cup final this Thursday.

The dates added to the list recently were Sat 27th and Weds 31st for final/rain off reserve date.

It would make sense for it to be Sat 27th to leave Weds for a rain off of either final.

agree and disagree as i think we have always had a good performance at reserve to cover for the other short comings and christian at times has riden like a heat leader, i may be wrong but i think last weeks score was lemons first double figure one in ages

Witches v Somerset in 2nd leg of League Cup final this Thursday.

The dates added to the list recently were Sat 27th and Weds 31st for final/rain off reserve date.

It would make sense for it to be Sat 27th to leave Weds for a rain off of either final.

Agree, I didn't remember the other final you are in. So at least you have two opportunities to stage it (assuming you get the Somerset one run), but it does mean we are now restricted to holding any rainoff on the Monday 26th, as our alternative is the Wednesday. Dual plans will now have to be laid for Sunday and Monday in terms of personnel and stadium.

agree and disagree as i think we have always had a good performance at reserve to cover for the other short comings and christian at times has riden like a heat leader, i may be wrong but i think last weeks score was lemons first double figure one in ages

12 at Leicester on Oct 7th, but I agree with your sentiments.

Well done lads looked bad after 12 but we got through. Mention to both Robbo and Claes performances, Toft pulled it out when needed with Christian okay and starke getting an important point. However lemo and Ludvig poor and will need to improve. The Comets as expected dominated the heat wins and Howarth seemed to be flying fans probably thought they were going to pull it back at one stage.

Edited by Big Diamond

Well done lads looked bad after 12 but we got through. Mention to both Robbo and Claes performances, Toft pulled it out when needed with Christian okay and starke getting an important point. However lemo and Ludvig poor and will need to improve. The Comets as expected dominated the heat wins and Howarth seemed to be flying fans probably thought they were going to pull it back at one stage.

Agree it looked gone after heat 12 but for once we held our own in heats 13 and 15, albeit it heat 15 didn't matter. Robbo winning heat 13 was the key. That hasn't happened nearly enough this year but credit to him he did the business tonight. Someone mentioned he was on a new motor tonight. If that's true I wonder how significant that could be. I'll be very interested to see how he rides against Ipswich in terms of 2013.

Credit again to Ned. He's been an unsung hero for us this year, particularly in the second half of the season when we really needed it. Of late he's been our best rider more often than not. Would be happy to see him return next year.

We have had some luck in this semi. Had Rene ridden last week Worky may well have gone through but given our luck this year we'll take any breaks. Assume MPT will be the guest again in the final. Both teams look very evenly matched to me with no real big hitters and one NL reserve each. Should be a good contest, hope the weather doesn't spoil it.

Edited by NJC71