British Speedway Forum
Honey Monster

Leicester Lions 2013

Sorry Jim, you've totally lost me. Is it an attempt at having a dig at me.. what are you on about? on second thoughts.. no explanation neccecary. please.

No surprise there then , I m sure the 0ther 10% of the regulars at BP who think speedway owes Leicester something would say exactly the same . but thats only 400 the other 3600 are happy to finally get the track changed and have a team that at least looks like it can hold it's own in the premier league and most of them are grateful that the rules were bent in 2010 to allow Lions to start in the premier league but there always has to be some who never think it's enough

I think the team has a good balance to it, and wont be far off winning something next season. especially the fours .

Signing Roynon was a stroke of genius. :t:

Adam Roynon Brilliant signing , the Lions Promotion must be delighted .I for one will be making my first visit to Leicester just to see him , sure it will also attract Bees supporters too ..Good business .

Yes indeed, I am sure he will do very well for the Lions. The team does look well balanced and should be up there at the and of the season. I will definitely be making my first visit to Beaumont Park in 2013 now!! It is a good track/stadium by all accounts! :t:

I think us lions fans need to put things in perspective.

We gave signed a very good looking 2013 side but it doesn't automatically mean we will win the league.

Look at Ipswich perfect example the last 2 seasons they have signed " title winning sides" yet didn't even make the top 2.

Its about who have the team spirit. & ride as a team .

Look at Scunthorpe everyone wrote them off before last season yet they now have the silverware in the cabinet.

Thank you Gemini, Much appreciated and I will give you the full £15 . Send an E Mail to robinnetta@talktalk.net and I will send you a cheque and my address. Maybe when the Lions & Eagles meet up in 2014 we will be able to get together.

I think us lions fans need to put things in perspective.

We gave signed a very good looking 2013 side but it doesn't automatically mean we will win the league.

Look at Ipswich perfect example the last 2 seasons they have signed " title winning sides" yet didn't even make the top 2.

Its about who have the team spirit. & ride as a team .

Look at Scunthorpe everyone wrote them off before last season yet they now have the silverware in the cabinet.

agree its only on paper at this stage but that's all we can go on at the moment, and the side has been built similar to Somerset last year who were in contention for all and won 2 trophies, with a strong Top 4 and a decent 5th man with one reserve who should improve further and a youngster who can gate and with more experience should be able to hang on more than in 2012.

So it should be a side that's in contention for all honours and hopefully win at least 1 of the 5 on offer.

Thank you Gemini, Much appreciated and I will give you the full £15 . Send an E Mail to robinnetta@talktalk.net and I will send you a cheque and my address. Maybe when the Lions & Eagles meet up in 2014 we will be able to get together.

Thank you. As soon as I have your address I will post it. Hopefully Leicester will be in the E.L. next season. :)

From an old Hunters fan that is a wonderful gesture Gem :t: I applaud your action, although I am too selfish to part with my own copy (Signed by Ray Wilson). Johnnie B wasnt available when I ordered it :sad:

Speaking of wedding rings, glad that the old feller decided to make an honest woman of you :rofl:

Only joking of course :wink:

I will be on to my third wedding ring when I get it, but I suppose that's not bad in 46 years. Trouble is arthritis in my fingers and it took me ages to remove the ring over my knuckles. I thought I was going to have to get the secateurs out. :lol:

No surprise there then , I m sure the 0ther 10% of the regulars at BP who think speedway owes Leicester something would say exactly the same . but thats only 400 the other 3600 are happy to finally get the track changed and have a team that at least looks like it can hold it's own in the premier league and most of them are grateful that the rules were bent in 2010 to allow Lions to start in the premier league but there always has to be some who never think it's enough

Why were the rules bent?

Very strong top 4. No doubt about that, but looks a potentially weak tail with Graversen in the top 5 and two inexperienced reserves.

Magnus was too inconsistent last season then he appeared to tell Leicester he couldn't afford to ride premier league with the new pay cap rules so Leicester built a team without him.

But in the last 24 hours it appear Magnus has had a change of heart & would like a premier league club next season.

Linus Eklof was never coming back to Leicester he said as much at the end of the season. I think Leicester served a purpose he was without a club & out of form after Belle Vue. He openly admitted he didn't want to drop down but he needed the racing to regain form & the money. With his race schedule on the continent in 2013 alot busier & with pay cap rules he may just give the uk a miss in 2013.

Where does this leave Magnus and Eklof?

Sadly with no Jari Makinen in the Leicester side that might be the last we see of Jari in the uk because i can't see any other club wanting to sign him after his dreadful away form at Leicester.

He is very much a 1 track rider and his average is very high for the rider he is.

Magnus was too inconsistent last season then he appeared to tell Leicester he couldn't afford to ride premier league with the new pay cap rules so Leicester built a team without him.

But in the last 24 hours it appear Magnus has had a change of heart & would like a premier league club next season.

Linus Eklof was never coming back to Leicester he said as much at the end of the season. I think Leicester served a purpose he was without a club & out of form after Belle Vue. He openly admitted he didn't want to drop down but he needed the racing to regain form & the money. With his race schedule on the continent in 2013 alot busier & with pay cap rules he may just give the uk a miss in 2013.

Sadly with no Jari Makinen in the Leicester side that might be the last we see of Jari in the uk because i can't see any other club wanting to sign him after his dreadful away form at Leicester.

He is very much a 1 track rider and his average is very high for the rider he is.

loinking who seems to have all the answers and know it all.......................i think not.

What do you mean by that ?

loinking who seems to have all the answers and know it all.......................i think not.

What do you mean by that ?

read some of your previous posts on other threads aswell as leicesters you might find the answer there,too much info and most of it wrong.

Couple of things: Nice to hear these riders want to join us, must be the reptuation as ontime payers of money.

Encouraged that win or lose, this is a team which if the track changes work will be excellent team to watch and support. Will certainly try to visit early on next season. Bit of a tail but Graversen is good for a few points at home and here's hoping one of the other three have a breakthrough season.

If you read Leicester facebook it gives a statement saying under the pay cap rules Magnus couldn't afford to ride PL.

Then when Magnus denied it on his facebook glyn said he has the messagea tell him he was not riding in the uk.

As for Eklof that is my opinion which i am entitled to but the fact was he didn't want to ride PL last year he said it himself.

read some of your previous posts on other threads aswell as leicesters you might find the answer there,too much info and most of it wrong.

• Like 1