British Speedway Forum
Honey Monster

Leicester Lions 2013

Do you have some form of mental disease that causes you to obsess about things that don't really involve you?

I take it you are really stupid by your silly offensive reply, of course it bothers me and other sensible lions fans about the running of the club and its future.

Would you put money into buying a season ticket if you are unsure if the track will be changed, I know several people who bought season tickets last season early on as they were told the track would be changed, it was never changed. You have to question why the promotion are waiting this long and have not changed it earlier to there advantages.

If you disagree with what i say then say so but dont use mental illness as a silly dig,I gladly dont have a mental illness but i have seen people who do and really struggle, its very immature to accuse someone of being mentally ill.

• Like 1

I take it you are really stupid by your silly offensive reply, of course it bothers me and other sensible lions fans about the running of the club and its future.

Would you put money into buying a season ticket if you are unsure if the track will be changed, I know several people who bought season tickets last season early on as they were told the track would be changed, it was never changed. You have to question why the promotion are waiting this long and have not changed it earlier to there advantages.

If you disagree with what i say then say so but dont use mental illness as a silly dig,I gladly dont have a mental illness but i have seen people who do and really struggle, its very immature to accuse someone of being mentally ill.

It has been explained by both the club and the bloke doing the work why it is scheduled to be done in February. If you don't want to come across as someone with a mental disorder then stop constantly making posts like a person suffering from OCD.

• Like 2

Wasnt the track being changed last winter but didnt happen?

Why leave it till a few weeks before the season,is this the way to get fans to buy early season tickets or for future sponsors to invest not knowing if it will happen,again this is why speedway is in a mess, bad management decisions.

Do you actually have anything else to discuss for a change? Like perhaps the make up of the team or how we will do this season? ................No!........ Thought not.

Why leave it till a few weeks before the season,is this the way to get fans to buy early season tickets or for future sponsors to invest not knowing if it will happen,again this is why speedway is in a mess, bad management decisions.

people do know what's going to happen as the date was confirmed weeks and weeks ago by the management.

You'll be gutted when it happens but no doubt you'll then just move on and think of something else to criticise them about....

It has been explained by both the club and the bloke doing the work why it is scheduled to be done in February. If you don't want to come across as someone with a mental disorder then stop constantly making posts like a person suffering from OCD.

So i have a mental disorder and also OCD and you do what for a job to diagnose this ? :rofl:

I have every right to make my opinion and every right to have my doubts on whether the track will be changed and to discuss what the promotion are doing to safe gaurd leicester speedway on an open forum.

Lets face it alot of people dont know speedway is back in leicester yet,also lots of hardcore fans have walked away from BP,so how are the promotion going to get them back?

You and mrcts think its all rosey up there and speedway is safe, not so true as you would like to think, if they dont get it right this season more fans will move on to other things and speedway will be gone.Fact

The main product is the track and it should of been done months ago and then tried,tested and then promoted as the new and improved race track in the hope new fans would take a look and old fans would give it another go,its abit late a couple weeks before the start of the season i feel to get people interested and also the lions team set up on there new home track.

I have to say it is very sad when a few people on this forum use serious medical conditions that people & there families suffer with on a daily basis as a way of bullying and abusing people on a free speech forum.

• Like 1

So i have a mental disorder and also OCD and you do what for a job to diagnose this ? :rofl:

I have every right to make my opinion and every right to have my doubts on whether the track will be changed and to discuss what the promotion are doing to safe gaurd leicester speedway on an open forum.

Lets face it alot of people dont know speedway is back in leicester yet,also lots of hardcore fans have walked away from BP,so how are the promotion going to get them back?

You and mrcts think its all rosey up there and speedway is safe, not so true as you would like to think, if they dont get it right this season more fans will move on to other things and speedway will be gone.Fact

The main product is the track and it should of been done months ago and then tried,tested and then promoted as the new and improved race track in the hope new fans would take a look and old fans would give it another go,its abit late a couple weeks before the start of the season i feel to get people interested and also the lions team set up on there new home track.

I have to say it is very sad when a few people on this forum use serious medical conditions that people & there families suffer with on a daily basis as a way of bullying and abusing people on a free speech forum.

You certainly do have the right to express an opinion. It's just that it gets a bit boring and tedious when it's the same thing repeated over and over again. As for the timing of the track alterations being done early to allow the team members time to get used to it, how many of next years team are in the country? Only Jan and Lewis Kerr.The rest won't be back until March apart from possibly Blackbird. Plenty of time for the track to bed down and them to get some practice.

I'm sure most people want the track changers to happen, in fact it's very important that they do.

​The management at Leicester have said this will be done so we have no alternative other than to believe them. I believe that this is to important for them to ignore or do nothing about. And I'm sure they realize what a negative impact not changing things would have.

We have a great looking team for 2013 and I'm sure come March we will also have a better race track with much improved racing.

• Like 1

It takes a lot of time and effort to change a Speedway Track. The initial track when first built, is often not fit for purpose, and overtaking is at a premium.

I know this having been a Lakeside (Arena Essex) supporter for most of my life. The original, flat as a pancake track with sticks, not safety fences, was woeful. Over the years it improved and with our current track curator, we witness a great deal of overtaking - as the bends now have more banking and the shape in/out of them has been significantly changed. Just to add, don't go by comments made by other people on here that still knock Lakeside, and do not go by our camera-shy performances whenever Sky are in town! We do witness a great deal of overtaking - much more so than many away tracks that I've visited.

Just to add, in the case of Leicester, why is there so much distrust from some quarters? You have possibly the most forward-looking promotion within the Premier League, and you should get behind them 100%. Everything I read about Leicester suggests that you are a success story in the making - so why the negativity from some 'fans'?

Rome may not have been built in a day, and Speedway Tracks conducive to good racing, aren't built in a couple of seasons!

• Like 8

During the 2011 season someone complained about the lack of training at Leicester and asked why Scunthorpe was the nearest training centre. We now have regular training sessions and you say that the club is in the wrong.

It takes a lot of time and effort to change a Speedway Track. The initial track when first built, is often not fit for purpose, and overtaking is at a premium.

I know this having been a Lakeside (Arena Essex) supporter for most of my life. The original, flat as a pancake track with sticks, not safety fences, was woeful. Over the years it improved and with our current track curator, we witness a great deal of overtaking - as the bends now have more banking and the shape in/out of them has been significantly changed. Just to add, don't go by comments made by other people on here that still knock Lakeside, and do not go by our camera-shy performances whenever Sky are in town! We do witness a great deal of overtaking - much more so than many away tracks that I've visited.

Just to add, in the case of Leicester, why is there so much distrust from some quarters? You have possibly the most forward-looking promotion within the Premier League, and you should get behind them 100%. Everything I read about Leicester suggests that you are a success story in the making - so why the negativity from some 'fans'?

Rome may not have been built in a day, and Speedway Tracks conducive to good racing, aren't built in a couple of seasons!

Thank you for your positive post; an independant post was definitely needed.

• Like 1

During the 2011 season someone complained about the lack of training at Leicester and asked why Scunthorpe was the nearest training centre. We now have regular training sessions and you say that the club is in the wrong.

I dont get this remark ?

Thank you for your positive post; an independant post was definitely needed.

I'm sure most people want the track changers to happen, in fact it's very important that they do.

​The management at Leicester have said this will be done so we have no alternative other than to believe them. I believe that this is to important for them to ignore or do nothing about. And I'm sure they realize what a negative impact not changing things would have.

We have a great looking team for 2013 and I'm sure come March we will also have a better race track with much improved racing.

Quite right Nightshift, it should have been done before, no doubt about that. But before the 2013 season starts the track will be changed, the entry to the bends will be wider but the overall length will not alter a great deal. We should all remember that a problem with any forum is that some people know what's going on beacuse they hear it first hand and others just try and guess,

I'm not guessing.

And the training days have been great, some of the youngsters looking very quick. I'm even tempted to get my old leathers out......maybe not, may get shown up by a thirteen year old!

I think you are confusing overtaking and racing, with riders making mistakes on a small, tight, slow track that is more suited to cycle speedway. Lakeside, Eastbourne and Belle Vue are boring tracks im afraid, its called speedway, not slowway.

I think you are confusing overtaking and racing, with riders making mistakes on a small, tight, slow track that is more suited to cycle speedway. Lakeside, Eastbourne and Belle Vue are boring tracks im afraid, its called speedway, not slowway.

I've been to Lakeside a lot over the last two seasons and seen some good meetings there. When I went in 2005/6 the racing was almost nonexistent. Since the new promotion have come in it has been transformed in terms of entertainment. Like all tracks, a few meetings are excellent, some good and some mediocre.

Well I guess it's horses for courses then, as I personally prefer to see riders competing on smaller, technical tracks.

I know it's not called slowway - but it is known as Speedway RACING.

If I wanted to watch blokes on a bike opening the throttle full pelt whilst hanging on to their handlebars for dear life, then I'd go and watch motorbike road racing at Donnington.

Anyway, I don't want to hijack a Lions thread arguing with a supporter - particularly when it was his team's promotion that was the most vocal in blocking Leicester's progression into the upper tier in the first place.

• Like 2

Robert . Glyn Taylor has not gone home this winter , so he needs a source of income to live off and having been shown how lucrative practise sessions at leicester are by the original guy who ran them has pushed him aside to grab the cash for himself so thats why the alterations have been left until the very last minute , I cant see why you have not got bored with the Leicester threads and left them like so many others . why would you want to attempt to debate with the likes of MRCTS who never adds anything other than snipes at people who dont accept whatever they are spoon fed , volty ,fanmale ,hurricanes and Jonny come lately long eye are are no better really . occasionally someone other than these few will make a post based on their perception of how wonderful everything is at Leicester after reading posts by the clique ,such a the voice of reason and assuming they agree with the party line will be greeted with agreement for the headless chickens . do your self a favour and find something else to occupy your time . this lot really aint worth it . anybody who used to post real opinions has long gone maybe it's time to join them ?

• Like 1