British Speedway Forum
Honey Monster

Leicester Lions 2013

Another thing that has just become clear Is that this match is now going head to head with Leicester city live on Sky sports at Derby which will affect the crowd no doubt. Even more reason for a guest for Leicester at the top end, the excuse about track time for Blackbird is poor as the team I hear are having a whole week of practice if they want

I'm really looking forward to the meeting, even if as expected Lions get beaten it should be a good night, it will be great to see Nicholls, Kasprzak etc.

Maybe an idea to even things up slightly would be to ask Coventry to use Lewis Kerr as the guest to replace Roynon thus giving him valuable track time in a competitive meeting, so he is more prepared when Lions need him to cover for Blackbird.With him at reserve Coventry could put one of the poles in the top 5 & it would give a more even look to the 2 sides.

Another thing that has just become clear Is that this match is now going head to head with Leicester city live on Sky sports at Derby which will affect the crowd no doubt. Even more reason for a guest for Leicester at the top end, the excuse about track time for Blackbird is poor as the team I hear are having a whole week of practice if they want

I mentioned this 2 pages ago aswel as coventry city who are chasing promotion are home that day, so this match is against 2 big local football matches,

I think leicester should bring in andersen & barker if available and give the reserves a night off.

I mentioned this 2 pages ago aswel as coventry city who are chasing promotion are home that day, so this match is against 2 big local football matches,

I think leicester should bring in andersen & barker if available and give the reserves a night off.

why?

I'm really looking forward to the meeting, even if as expected Lions get beaten it should be a good night, it will be great to see Nicholls, Kasprzak etc.

Bingo,at last we have one Leicester fan who`s sees the point of the meeting.Well done to the Leicester promotion for putting on a meeting with something different for the home fans.

• Like 1

Why do you want a Lions select, what's the point? Surely most Leicester fans are looking forward to seeing THEIR riders lining up at the tapes alongside Scott Nicholls etc.

And why are you so concerned with the football? Those few (maybe even a few hundred) of LCFC fans will have to make a choice but I would have thought that any Cov fans have time to do both. Either way I'm sure there will be a very large crowd and the vast majority will enjoy the event irrespective of the score and what team they support.

• Like 4

East Midlands Bowl. First piece of silverware on the shelf for the Lions. no problem.

JohnD 7244,

Enjoy your speedway.

Get my old mobility scooter to see this one. Should be a cracker whatever the result!!!!

• Like 1

Why do you want a Lions select, what's the point? Surely most Leicester fans are looking forward to seeing THEIR riders lining up at the tapes alongside Scott Nicholls etc.

And why are you so concerned with the football? Those few (maybe even a few hundred) of LCFC fans will have to make a choice but I would have thought that any Cov fans have time to do both. Either way I'm sure there will be a very large crowd and the vast majority will enjoy the event irrespective of the score and what team they support.

Simple point is it will bring more fans in knowing its a fair meeting and not a one sided meeting,

Do BOTH are you in the real world, not many people i know who could afford to do both,some will be picking there league meetings aswel.

I think opinions are clearly split on this mis match of a meeting.

East Midlands Bowl. First piece of silverware on the shelf for the Lions. no problem.

JohnD 7244,

Enjoy your speedway.

Get my old mobility scooter to see this one. Should be a cracker whatever the result!!!!

Yes John I have heard there's a runners up trophy as well , But Leicester only get it if they manage 30 points so don't count your chickens just yet . and they don't have a shelf to put it on even if they did get it , elliots have taken all the portakabins back :lol: .

Edited by jim the whipper
  • Like 1

You are of course working from the assumption that Leicester won’t bring in a star guest so as to even the meeting up a bit aren’t you? When the reality is they more than likely will, and then split the riders between the number 6&7.

There will NOT be any star guests for Leicester. It is to be the published 1-7.

Personally, I would back Nemo and Lasse to beat KK and SN sometime during the night around BP and Roynon to do well too.

My guess would be that Cov will win by about 50-40 and it will be a great night and most Lions Fans will go home happy at having seen the match up they've wanted for the last 30 years & will recognise a creditable performance by Lions v an EL side

Simple point is it will bring more fans in knowing its a fair meeting and not a one sided meeting,

Do BOTH are you in the real world, not many people i know who could afford to do both,some will be picking there league meetings as well.

Many Lions Fans DO go to City and Tigers games as well as watch Lions on the same day

How come you don't know that if you go regularly to BP???? 😜

• Like 2

Except Coventry will be kicking off at 3pm leaving more than enough time to be there for tapes up.

The Derby v Leicester game will however be kicking off at 5.20pm. Still should be finished by 7.20pm, leaving local a good chance to watch the game on the box and still be at the Speedway if they wish.

Edited by Hazzman

Except Coventry will be kicking off at 3pm leaving more than enough time to be there for tapes up.

The Derby v Leicester game will however be kicking off at 5.20pm. Still should be finished by 7.20pm, leaving local a good chance to watch the game on the box and still be at the Speedway if they wish.

That is if they are loaded and can afford to do both,most people cant.

If they can get into the stadium within 10 mins of leaving there leicester homes then maybe they should be in the team :rofl:

Didnt the bees come to BP before and several top riders dropped out last min,

• Like 1

Tapping into what was once a major rivalry, Leicester's promotion obviously hope they attract a great turn out (and I can't blame them for that) but I do wonder how much they have considered the clash with the Leicester v Derby football game. That is a massive match, and far bigger to the majority of local people than what is essentially a rather meaningless speedway challenge fixture. Looks like another own goal in so much as I doubt they'll get the crowd they would have initially hoped for.

Edited by LionsDen
  • Like 1

I for one am looking forward to it. You never know, we might sneak a win. However, in reality, we are more likely to get spanked. Exactly the same thoughts i used to have when aticipating Lions vs Bees derbies in the last few years of Blackbird Road! Didn't stop me wanting to watch it more than any other meeting in the calender then, doesn't stop me now.

Tapping into what was once a major rivalry, Leicester's promotion obviously hope they attract a great turn out (and I can't blame them for that) but I do wonder how much they have considered the clash with the Leicester v Derby football game. That is a massive match, and far bigger to the majority of local people than what is essentially a rather meaningless speedway challenge fixture. Looks like another own goal in so much as I doubt they'll get the crowd they would have initially hoped for.

Last time everyone was making a song and dance about crowd levels was when we went up against the deciding speedway grand prix. Everyone was saying that would be financial suicide but it ended up one of the biggest crowds of the season. It didn't affect it one iota. Does the meeting & the football actually clash?

I for one am looking forward to it. You never know, we might sneak a win. However, in reality, we are more likely to get spanked. Exactly the same thoughts i used to have when aticipating Lions vs Bees derbies in the last few years of Blackbird Road! Didn't stop me wanting to watch it more than any other meeting in the calender then, doesn't stop me now.

Last time everyone was making a song and dance about crowd levels was when we went up against the deciding speedway grand prix. Everyone was saying that would be financial suicide but it ended up one of the biggest crowds of the season. It didn't affect it one iota. Does the meeting & the football actually clash?

You're right Volty the meeting doesn't actually clash with the football & more to the point the football is actually at Derby not at Leicester, so i wouldn't have thought many of the probably about 3,000 fans who travel away to watch the CITY are actually Lions fans as well, i presume the football will be on in the lions tv in the bar, so if they are that bothered about it watch in the bar & then straight to the meeting.