British Speedway Forum
Honey Monster

Leicester Lions 2013

Bit harsh liontamer. lol

We are opening up the entry into the turns by moving the curb in. This makes the entry wider giving the riders another racing line.

It will also let me run more dirt on the outside. At the apex of the turn it will be wider by about 2 meters.

• Like 5

With all this digging going off, and it being in Leicester. I hope you don't find a kings remains under there !

Edited by nightshift
  • Like 4

With all this digging going off, and it being in Leicester. I hope you don't find a kings remains under there !

Only when the Monarchs visit!! ;)

• Like 1

Only when the Monarchs visit!! ;)

Or potentially Newcastle! Where has that man gone? :lol:

Just posted on the lions facebook page 4 photo's of the track work, looks like they started early.

Edited by skeggylion

Just posted on the lions facebook page 4 photo's of the track work, looks like they started early.

Training day on Sunday so if they're digging some of the the track up it should make the

racing interesting. :lol:

Now I've seen at the photos it looks like it's all been done, graded and ready for tomorrow so that was quick. Tell Glyn he can have another couple of weeks in Australia. :D

Edited by Gemini

Training day on Sunday so if they're digging some of the the track up it should make the

racing interesting. :lol:

Now I've seen at the photos it looks like it's all been done, graded and ready for tomorrow so that was quick. Tell Glyn he can have another couple of weeks in Australia. :D

Just thinking, if this post is correct then Glyn isn't going to be a happy bunny is he?. In an earlier post, he stated that he would be back on the 18th, and would start on the track then. Has someone beaten him to it?.

JohnD7244

Enjoy your speedway

Perhaps there's more work to be done? :unsure: From the photos it looks like they were moving the inside line in on the bends to make them wider.

Edited by Gemini

Perhaps there's more work to be done? :unsure: From the photos it looks like they were moving the inside line in on the bends to make them wider.

Hopefully there is more work to be done because they haven't touched bend 3 and 4 yet and Im not sure if the the work carried out so far on bend 1 and 2 will make a blind bit of difference if more work isn't being carried out to the bend. Portacabins have gone from behind stand but is to be replaced by a permanent toilet block and track shop. The base was already down.

• Like 1

Hopefully there is more work to be done because they haven't touched bend 3 and 4 yet and Im not sure if the the work carried out so far on bend 1 and 2 will make a blind bit of difference if more work isn't being carried out to the bend.

What sort of work?

What sort of work?

Not sure, but watching the quick riders today and looking at the extra track thats going to be available on the first and second bends, if that is the extent of the changes on that corner then I didn't see where there would be much more opportunity to do the overtaking. I'll be over the moon to be proven wrong but that's how it looked to me today. On reflection its probably a bit harsh to be saying this before Glyn has even turned up to do anything.

Not sure, but watching the quick riders today and looking at the extra track thats going to be available on the first and second bends, if that is the extent of the changes on that corner then I didn't see where there would be much more opportunity to do the overtaking. I'll be over the moon to be proven wrong but that's how it looked to me today. On reflection its probably a bit harsh to be saying this before Glyn has even turned up to do anything.

Lets hope they get them right,another season of gate and go and the punters will not be happy.

The inner kerb has been taken in on the first/second bend. I'm no track laying expert but I guess there's probably going to be alterations to the banking? I hope the weather remains kind to Glyn and the team of volunteers.