British Speedway Forum
Honey Monster

Leicester Lions 2013

Apparently, Bomber has had a practice session on it - and given it a thumbs up.

No disrespect, but I'd personally take the advice of Chris Harris re: overtaking lines and track shape rather than words of wisdom from supporters - particularly when their only experience of a speedway track is being in the grandstand looking at one.

Do you honestly think bomber would of said anything different and ruin his chances of popping up somewhere local to try his bikes out :rofl:

anybody knows that when riders are there to test fitness etc they will ride the mid track line lap after lap, rather than be interested in trying out every available line, so again its all speculation until we see 4 riders in a few proper races. But you don't miss any opportunity to have yet another 'dig' & draw the earliest negative conclusion possible

No not completely true, Riders will find the best line and the quickest way around a track in practice, they will also if its a track they are going to be at during the season find different lines and different set ups.

Are you related to DH or is it that you simply wont except the tracks is messed up unless they make some major changes, that includes the shale aswel being right. It looks like a gaters track again for another season.

Edited by robert72

You can hardly blame people for not taking your opinion of the track changes as an unbiased view can you? Just perhaps the moving of the white line has little impact on the racing line unless changes in surface and/or way the track is graded are planned as well. It all has to work in combination.

I think it would be wise to wait and see how things are after a few meetings when everybody has had chance to work out the best way to make the track work under racing conditions.

• Like 1

Do you honestly think bomber would of said anything different and ruin his chances of popping up somewhere local to try his bikes out :rofl:

No not completely true, Riders will find the best line and the quickest way around a track in practice, they will also if its a track they are going to be at during the season find different lines and different set ups.

Are you related to DH or is it that you simply wont except the tracks is messed up unless they make some major changes, that includes the shale aswel being right. It looks like a gaters track again for another season.

no I'm not related, its just that I wait till I see a few speedway RACES before I judge, remembering that the vast majority of speedway races even at the 'best' race tracks are won by the rider who gates first

Internationally recognised company taking over the world :lol: Walkers is owned by Pepsi cola , you wouldn't want them on board would you ? :party:

Depends what they have to offer. A years supply of free prawn cocktail crisps or a new conference suite. I wouldn't want to prejudge but as a tie up with a 'premier league' speedway team my betting would err towards the former. And at that, when building a stadium, having an uber fan with access to cheap building materials and cheap transport would look the better option than keeping the snack bar well stocked (even if nobody has heard of him).

Edited by volty

Beaumont Park undergoes a new identity

It was officially announced today that Leicester’s Beaumont Park Speedway Stadium is to be renamed and will now be known as the Jordan Road Surfacing Stadium.

“The partnership between the two companies brings a high profile and respected name to the sport. Leicester Speedway is no different to any new business as it is forever evolving and we see the rebranding of the stadium as a significant milestone in the life of the club as the venue will take on a new identity” stated the Lions Promoter David Hemsley.

The company was founded by Barry Jordan in 1995 and since then Jordan Road Surfacing Limited has grown into one of the largest and independent surfacing and planning contractors in the Midlands with Asda, Morrisons and Sainsbury’s amongst its clients. The company has worked with and alongside Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Cambridgeshire and Bedfordshire Councils and in conjunction with the Highways Agency on major trunk roads nationwide.

“It is a great honour for Jordan Road Surfacing to be associated with Leicester Speedway and we are proud to become part of the club and having the stadium named after the company. We are a local company with a working presence in Leicestershire and with seventy-five per cent of our workforce living in the county there is already an affinity with the area and so we are pleased to add our support to the Leicester Lions team” commented company owner, Barry Jordan.

Leicester will race their first meeting of the new season at the Jordan Road Surfacing Stadium on Saturday 16th March when the Lions meet their near neighbours the Coventry Bees in the East Midlands Bowl.

Loving the nonsense on here by the usual handful.................

Just ignore the idiotic trolls.

So are you suggesting that he's not telling the truth then?

Based upon what evidence exactly?

What would YOU have done to improve the track; I'm asking that particular question based upon the assumption that you have the experience of being a Speedway RIDER and not simply a Speedway SUPPORTER?

So are you suggesting that he's not telling the truth then?

Based upon what evidence exactly?

What would YOU have done to improve the track; I'm asking that particular question based upon the assumption that you have the experience of being a Speedway RIDER and not simply a Speedway SUPPORTER?

I am not suggesting he is not telling the truth.

I think i have already said what i would do and also what alot of fans would of also done to improve the track, its plain to see its not been working for 2 seasons and taking a few feet off is only a cheap option to keep little minds happy that the track has been changed.

Lets all wait and see then

At last,something we can agree on

[quote name=robert72'

timestamp='1362423566' post='2250273]

I am not suggesting he is not telling the truth.

What would you call it then. Enlighten us please :)

What would you call it then. Enlighten us please :)

Tina i never took you as thick :blink:

If a rider is allowed to have a private practice, do you honestly think if he is asked what he thinks of the track that he is going to say its crap,however he may like it but bomber is not a gater and i have seen better riders than him fail to overtake up there,so is it is type of race track ?

What changes have actually been made to the track?? I just seen an on board video from Sunday and couldn't really notice any thing at all??

On hindsight, possibly the best stance to have taken from the outset?

Edited by The Voice Of Reason

My Brother In Law has just moved to Leicester so we will be making a few trips to BP this season. Thought I'd have a look on here and see what's happening. Blimey you lot argue more than Berwick fans!

• Like 2