British Speedway Forum
Honey Monster

Leicester Lions 2013

Lions 12, I calculate different figures for Doolan, Bjerre and Karlsson than you have although not massively.

You may have taken tactical ride points into account.

Maybe at the minute it will just be best to see how Roynon gets on when he comes back, although I can't see him scoring less than what Magnus has been doing. However, if we wait too long then maybe the playoffs will be out of our reach in the near future.... If we don't get anything up at Glasgow on Sunday then I think changes will have to be made if the club has playoff aspirations.Timing will be a key factor, too soon and you'll upset the apple cart, too long and playoff/title aspirations will be out the window....

Haha No I am not the manager for Magnus but he has been quite open with fans in saying that he knows he is only here until Roynon is fit and even if Adam was ruled out for the season then he expects he will be replaced by somebody else. He has also been vocal how he has never fell out with the club but they would not offer him the deal he wanted during the winter so he didn't plan to return but when the call came he wanted to help the club out and the club agreed a deal with him.

I never did say Zorro would ride for £55 a point but there is No 1 s and others on a lot more than that in the league but as Glyn has confirmed his average is way to high anyway. it was just in my view of the riders that may be available from the small selection of clubs Zorro or Bridger would be about the best along with perhaps Kim Nilson or Kevin Wolbert.

The biggest shame is Peterboroughs policy as i think both Fish and Dak North would benefit from being able to double up to earn more money and to keep them in active racing in between the elite fixtures with at times 2 to 3 week gaps

He's a month behind everyone but hopefully Roynon will be quickly back on it when he returns. I thought he'd be our No1 before the season started and hopefully he still will be. If he is then hopefully it's problem solved at the top end as Adam back and doing what he should and Lasse hopefully able to fully concentrate on the Lions we still look like we have a potent top 2. With Doolan and Nieminen to back them up i think we still might do the business. particularly if Nieminen can edge his way back to where know he can be. I still think our main problem this season so far is that we replaced a potential home and away 9.00 man with a 6.00 man (and i do mean no disrespect to Magnus by saying that)

with regards to Robert Branford in both his meetings so far he's been fairly unlucky in his reserves races which probably didn't help the rest of the meeting pan out for him. If those races had been called differently then these meetings may have worked out differently for him. I hope he does OK and in the NL he seems to be of the level of Blackbird, Nielsen, Kerr, Jacobs, Morris and the likes and he's clearly shown he can step up with his British U21 Final win so you'd hope he could start getting some points for us.

Nemo may be ranked 11 but with Barker, Stead, Kennett, Cook etc... we weren't generally going to be on a level playing field in terms of number 1's

Like last year the main issue is a 3 point reserve scoring nothing like it.

Pre season I thought Roynon may well have been a No1 to match those four. He certainly finished last year looking in that class with both Coventry and Workington.

Hopefully starting this week our 3 point reserve will start producing some points. He's only had a couple of meetings and i actually thought he was a bit unlucky not to score a few at Somerset.

Something to mull over whilst having your bedtime Horlicks.

Current averages excluding bonus points.

Nemo: Overall 6.86 Home 6.96 Away 6.74 Away form is 96.8% of home form.

Jan " 5.08 " 7.24 " 3.41 " 47.1 "

Lasse " 7.47 " 8.44 " 6.60 " 78.2 "

Kev " 6.94 " 7.17 " 6.76 " 94.3 "

Magnus " 6.55 " 8.40 " 5.19 " 61.8 "

Simon " 3.76 " 4.60 " 3.17 " 68.9 "

Rob B 3.00 " 3.00 " 3.00 ----

Overall 39.66 45.81 34.87 " 76.1% "

Conclusion: Nemo and Doolan are the most consistent riders home and away. With the least consistent being Jan.

Something to mull over whilst having your bedtime Horlicks.

Current averages excluding bonus points.

Nemo: Overall 6.86 Home 6.96 Away 6.74 Away form is 96.8% of home form.

Jan " 5.08 " 7.24 " 3.41 " 47.1 "

Lasse " 7.47 " 8.44 " 6.60 " 78.2 "

Kev " 6.94 " 7.17 " 6.76 " 94.3 "

Magnus " 6.55 " 8.40 " 5.19 " 61.8 "

Simon " 3.76 " 4.60 " 3.17 " 68.9 "

Rob B 3.00 " 3.00 " 3.00 ----

Overall 39.66 45.81 34.87 " 76.1% "

Conclusion: Nemo and Doolan are the most consistent riders home and away. With the least consistent being Jan.

Sorry, just took another look at this post and I cant make it out. Ive had a few sherberts and it made sense when I was writing it but not so sure now. Hic.

You may have taken tactical ride points into account.

I get the same figures as oneandtwohalfs. They may include tactical points but on quick review can only see that KD and KN have had tactical rides both scoring additional 2 points. If these are included in the stats of the OS then both KN and KD woudl be slightly less but MK would be the same at 6.55.

I can see where the stats from oneandtwohalfs lead. Average away of less than 35. Poor.

Could analyize the stats all day to show basically we have 3 reserves who between them are scoring 7 points ish, Given that Jan's points at Berwick came at the expense of Sarjeant and Starke his points tally is dreadful. However at home his points are terrific. Conundrum time.

• Like 1

I get the same figures as oneandtwohalfs. They may include tactical points but on quick review can only see that KD and KN have had tactical rides both scoring additional 2 points. If these are included in the stats of the OS then both KN and KD woudl be slightly less but MK would be the same at 6.55.

I can see where the stats from oneandtwohalfs lead. Average away of less than 35. Poor.

Could analyize the stats all day to show basically we have 3 reserves who between them are scoring 7 points ish, Given that Jan's points at Berwick came at the expense of Sarjeant and Starke his points tally is dreadful. However at home his points are terrific. Conundrum time.

You're right Glennylion. I'm not sure how we do solve these problems. I think the only answer would be fingers crossed that one of Alex, Jan and Robert can step it up on what they've produced so far, at times they've all shown they can. Everyone is taking for granted that Branford will score nothing every meeting which hopefully he won't. Maybe if he can start getting a few and Roynon hit's the ground running (Probably a bad turn of phrase to use in conjunction with Adam) we may suddenly be OK.

Current form and current averages might be a better guide when considering changes. I get these figures from the last 3 home and last 3 away matches:

KN (CMA 8.17) Home 7.08, Away 8.80, Overall 7.56

JG (CMA 5.05) Home 7.08, Away 3.73, Overall 5.29

LB (CMA 7.09) Home 7.11, Away 8.67, Overall 7.73

KD (CMA 7.36) Home 8.27, Away 6.75, Overall 7.48

MK (CMA 7.06) Home 8.00, Away 4.89, Overall 6.30

+

SN (CMA 4.16) Home 4.67, Away 3.29, Overall 3.86

AE (CMA 4.36) Home (hasn't raced at BP), Away (from Berwick) 2.77

Kauko and Lasse have raced in fewer of these matches than the others. Too early for figures to be meaningful for Branford.

Seems to me that we have very little option but to stick with the same line up. Roynon coming back will make us stronger, but how long will it take him to get up to speed. Nemo is still searching for his form but is still doing a good job. All this talk of replacing him is utter tosh. Lasse and Doolan are there on merit. Jan, who will be as good as him at home? Think they were wrong getting rid of Simon. And as for Branford, he has the potential to be a high scoring reserve. But, this all needed to fall into place a month ago. Hence the talk of changes. I still don't think there is anyone out there that could do a better job. On paper we still have a very strong team. We have just got to deliver. Hope the axe doesn't start to fall as regular as it did a couple of years ago.

I think Charlie Wright would have been a better replacement for Simon, however he probably didn't read his text messages in time. Lol.

• Like 1

Not seen anything about this until i was reliably informed today. Rolling Averages are being phased back gradually from 38 meetings to 24 meetings during 2013. Does anyone know what stage on the way to 24 we are going to be at when June GSA's are announced. I guess this could significantly change some riders average. Anyone got any more info?

Edited by volty

Not seen anything about this until i was reliably informed today. Rolling Averages are being phased back gradually from 38 meetings to 24 meetings during 2013. Does anyone know what stage on the way to 24 we are going to be at when June GSA's are announced. I guess this could significantly change some riders average. Anyone got any more info?

Think they are cut it back monthly by removing some matches each month [think I read somewhere it was 3 matches but could be wrong.
  • Like 1

The number of matches are to be reduced as such; The number of RA Matches will gradually be reduced throughout the season, so that by September they will mainly reflect 2013 PL Matches (For those that have completed all 24 League matches).

On the 1st of the month they will be reduced to:

May: 35 meetings

June: 32 meetings

July: 29 meetings

August: 26 meetings

September: 24 meetings.

• Like 1

June: 32 meetings

July: 29 meetings

As we've all gone stat mad on Leicester 2013 thread and going on what Statman has put above i've made some rolling average calculations on the basis that Roynon returns next week rather than this and the rest of the Lions ride all the meetings in June & July with no rain offs (tonight would appear to be a very slow night on the telly). The more i'm writing the parameters down the more pointless the exercise now appears!

It does seem that Roynon will almost certainly end up no 1 by July if he returns in any kind of form at all.

June averages -

1.Nieminen 8.09 + 2 meetings

2.Roynon 7.66

3.Doolan 7.40 + 2 meetings

4.Bjerre 7.22 + 2 meetings

5.Graversen 5.46 + 2 meetings

6.Edberg 4.25 + 2 meetings

July averages

1.Roynon 8.11 + 5 meetings

2.Nieminen 7.84 + 7 meetings

3.Bjerre 7.38 +7 meetings

4.Doolan 7.12 + 7 meetings

5.Graversen 5.68 + 7 meetings

6.Edberg 4.26 + 7 meetings

Edited by volty

just been having a play around with the team and by making a couple of changes i have come up with this based on bspa current averages and assuming roynon will be back in.

doolan 7.36

bjerre 7.09

roynon 7.07

karlsson 7.06

nedermark 6.20

edberg 4.36

branford 3.00

total 42.14

there are a couple of other riders with similar averages that would also fit and come in under the 42.50

sanchez 6.20

eklof 6.24

monberg 7.26

i would love to keep nemo but on his 8.17 average i cant get him to fit.