British Speedway Forum
Honey Monster

Leicester Lions 2013

Ah, yes you're right. With the new averages out for 1/9 do you have to get any new team to fit within those averages (if it was submitted today)or as its not September yet they can fit within the current averages?

The changes that would had to be submitted to the BSPA Office for use after Friday, would have been on the basis of their current averages.

Everyone naming Jari Makinen.

you all seem to forget that the poor lads leg is still in about 5 pieces being held together by metal rods so isn't going anywhere a speedway track anytime soon.

The changes that would had to be submitted to the BSPA Office for use after Friday, would have been on the basis of their current averages.

so taking into account their currant averages and reading between the lines of other posts our new possible line up for sat could be

lasse b 7.64

kevin d 7.06

magnus k 7.28

linus e 6.24

jan g 5.19

alex e 4.28

simon n 4.41

team total 42.10

well it fits if i have the averages right we will have to wait and see.feel a bit for young james and it seems nemo injury has forced an early end to his season.

Simon Nielsen was a Plymouth rider when Edberg got injured. It's only our last 4 meetings that he's been without a team and i think we've had Douglas in twice and Albin and Worral. I think his results may have been slightly better than latter duo but not as good as the former (especially at Redcar when Douglas' two wins arguably put us back in the play offs helping take the full 4 points of our rivals).

You are a bit of a puzzle TMW.. most of your posts deplore the use of journeymen foreign riders taking the reserve places of good up and coming English riders and here you telling telling us that a young English prospect in his first year in the PL who has a few falls because he trying too hard but is averaging near 5 points a meeting isn't worthy of a spot at reserve but a second season foreign reserve who has always been admittedly steady but generally has looked slow is good for a place.

No puzzle I do bang the Brit drum but.....I am also realistic about a team who needed every point due to Kake carrying an injury and Kev and Lasse's up and down performances the pressure was always going to be on the reserves therefore there was a need to have high scoring reserves. I think SN would have cut it eventually. The brits have a raw deal and need to be signed and stuck by.

On the Stefan note.....He has ridden 2 seasons in the Danish league,3 seasons in the NL , 1 in the PL tells me that by now he should be staying on his bike my point being should we really be signing him as a replacement for anybody?.

Edited by TMW

Now official

Leicester sign Linus Eklof & Simon Nielsen to replace Kauko Nieminen & James Sarjeant

Discuss ???

Edited by lionking

Now official

Leicester sign Linus Eklof & Simon Nielsen to replace Kauko Nieminen & James Sarjeant

Discuss ???

That's intended to strengthen the team? If the management ever had the plot they've certainly lost it now!

Another collection on Saturday, for 3 more sets of kevlars then ?,, Should have bought a tractor , It would have lasted far longer and been of more benefit

• Like 2

Now official

Discuss ???

Oh dear. It puts a bit of strength into the reserves but a bit too late.

Shutting the door after the horse has bolted, comes to mind.

Nothing against this pair though.

With KN riding this season at 6.8 and JS at 1.6 I think it would make us stronger. Last year we had a number at under 2 and we have in JS. The timing that JS was brought in and the circumstances were wrong. He needed to start a season not come in with 10 or so fixtures left with a need to hit the ground running to try and bolster the number 7 position. It made it very tough on him and it is no slight on him that he couldn't do it from the off which is what was needed for the team and what was needed to justify getting rid of Branford. He looked useful indeed but the late season pressures mean he couldn't be given the time required.

Quite liked Eklof last year but presumed that the comments by the promotion about not all riders wanting it that were made at the start of the season centred around him as he never looked all that happy.

Also the 2 of the 3 to be omitted under such circumstances were MK and Eklof and they are both in the team now. Must have all been Makinen then!!!

All a bit late in the day. Hope Nemo's operation goes well and wish him a speedy recovery.

Edited by Glennylion

Very tough on James, but these changes are far too late in the season. The Lions should never have let Lewis Blackbird go in the first place as they've never found a good enough replacement. Throughout the season there's been elementary mistakes made, fundamentally by the management, which has left the Leicester Lions short of the play-offs with only 2-meetings remaining (Edinburgh-home & Newcastle-away). In my opinion, they need a complete overhaul in the close season ready for 2014.

Bad news for Leicester they sign 2 riders but looks like will still have R/R in the team because Kevin Doolan has broken his ribs

My understanding is that Eklof could not return this year for a full season due to him already signing to ride in Sweden on Tuesdays and Thursdays which would have meant him being missing for all the Thurs away matches. This is tr same reason why other Tracks have not taken up the option of signing him.

I do feel sorry for Sargeant but don't think the door is closed on a return to Leicester in the future as showed a lot of promise needs be a bit quicker out of the gate. Simon Nielsen returning is just a case of his average fitting and in hope that he can score points at Leicester to make reserve berth stronger.

My understanding is that Eklof could not return this year for a full season due to him already signing to ride in Sweden on Tuesdays and Thursdays which would have meant him being missing for all the Thurs away matches.

Just the sort of rider commitment needed to stabilise the future of British speedway!

Very tough on James, but these changes are far too late in the season. The Lions should never have let Lewis Blackbird go in the first place as they've never found a good enough replacement. Throughout the season there's been elementary mistakes made, fundamentally by the management, which has left the Leicester Lions short of the play-offs with only 2-meetings remaining (Edinburgh-home & Newcastle-away). In my opinion, they need a complete overhaul in the close season ready for 2014.

Unfortuately, the route to the play offs blocked with the two meetings against Rye House. Yes we have carried JS and RB but we have been strong enough while AE was fit.