British Speedway Forum
Honey Monster

Leicester Lions 2013

Love how people think Craig Cook will ditch edinburgh and sign for their club! Deluded

• Like 1

I see Sam Masters posted on Facebook today about having no team for next yr yet and David Howe said probably due to not accepting wage cap on Points money in PL.

Howe said he didn't have to accept a pay cut to get within wage cap as he rode for Scunthorpe in 2012 and not Somerset 😀

Love how people think Craig Cook will ditch edinburgh and sign for their club! Deluded

he's already committed to Edinburgh for 2013 I heard

There is more chance of Richard Sweetman coming back to Leicester then us signing Craig Cook but hey we dare to dream.

Suprised no-one has suggested we bring Sergey "meerkat" Darkin back for 2013.

Thank You Hurricanes and Fanmail for the information as regards Hunters Era. I was able to contact Alan Jones and have bought two of the three books. Unfortunately the missing one is the one I wanted Hunters Era which is out of print.

If any old Hunters fan has read it from cover to cover and finished with it I would be happy to buy it. Here's keeping my fingers crossed.

Whilst i'm not saying Cook would sign for us sometimes it helps to act deluded and you never know who might be signable! I'm sure Workington fans probably say the same about Roynon but until the likes of Cook and Roynon have been signed you can never say never and Lions12 team might end up nearer to reality than we all think..

Edited by volty

With no Fisher how about

1.Nieminen

2.Bjerre/ Masters

3.Doolan/ Karlsson

4.Roynon

5.Graversen

6.Nielsen

7.Blackbird/ Kerr

Thank You Hurricanes and Fanmail for the information as regards Hunters Era. I was able to contact Alan Jones and have bought two of the three books. Unfortunately the missing one is the one I wanted Hunters Era which is out of print.

If any old Hunters fan has read it from cover to cover and finished with it I would be happy to buy it. Here's keeping my fingers crossed.

Have you tried Leicester's Municipal Library?. The last time I went in there, they had all three titles. You would need to have a spare day to read the Hunters era as they cannot be taken out of the library.

JohnD7244

Enjoy your speedway.

It has come to light that the reason that Leicester were refused entry to the Elite League was that Peterborough felt that having Leicester in, would have been detremental to their business and, said that if they were admitted, Peterborough would WITHDRAW from the Elite League. The other promoters didn't want to lose an established club and, for Leicester to be admitted, the vote needed to be unanimous. hence there was a unanimous vote against Leicester.

Coventry Promoter just confirmed most of thses details on their radio phone in tonight without naming Peterborough but I can assure you, it was Peterborough who threatened to walk away. Can't reveal the source but 1000% correct.

I think it's disgusting and yet again Peterborogh throw the toys out of the pram and threatened to walk away. Maybe it's time to tell them to sod off and replace them with a forward thinking, progressive Promotion like Leicester as opposed to a club like Peterborough who openly admit to making heavy lossses and being liable to close or sell up at the promoters whim.

Disgusting.

Edited by Bilbo Baggins
  • Like 2

cook and simon neilson will sign for workington in 2013 we have 12.91 points to play with. cook 8.50 and neilson 4.08= 12.58 if i said i would sign for someone, but hadnt signed and a better offer came up on my door step . i would jump at it.

Can't reveal the source but 1000% correct.

Shut up then.

• Like 1

cook and simon neilson will sign for workington in 2013 we have 12.91 points to play with. cook 8.50 and neilson 4.08= 12.58 if i said i would sign for someone, but hadnt signed and a better offer came up on my door step . i would jump at it.

I don't think Worky will have either of those two . Lol

Cook has apparently already committed to Edinburgh and I bet Nielsen will be a Lion

I don't think Worky will have either of those two . Lol

Cook has apparently already committed to Edinburgh and I bet Nielsen will be a Lion

Hurricanes, i think you'll find Jenga is just try to wind people up as usual... on this occasion probably 'cause he's a but miffed that Adam Roynon is going to end up at Leicester instead of Workington ;)

With no Fisher how about

1.Nieminen

2.Bjerre/ Masters

3.Doolan/ Karlsson

4.Roynon

5.Graversen

6.Nielsen

7.Blackbird/ Kerr

i think if you take away masters,karlsson and blackbird you have your team for 2013 why they would choose doolan over karlsson is beyond me if thats the case,doolan has been pretty poor at bp in fact pretty poor everywhere.

i think if you take away masters,karlsson and blackbird you have your team for 2013 why they would choose doolan over karlsson is beyond me if thats the case,doolan has been pretty poor at bp in fact pretty poor everywhere.

That's probably the team i'd go with. Getting Doolan down from Sheffield is probably cheaper than getting Karlsson over from Sweden to be honest!

My take on Doolan and Karlsson and my reasoning is as follows - I think id have Doolan over Karlsson either way. I think a confident Doolan is a much better rider than a confident Karlsson. Even without the confidence I think Doolan problems last year were just at the first corner whereas Magnus's confidence problems seem to be lasting the whole lap if you know what i mean. He was struggling with the bike full stop. Which is not to say i don't think a confident Magnus would do a job. I felt a bit sorry for Doolan around BP in the meeting last year as he lstill ooked pretty classy out of bend 2 onwards. He just didn't seem to want to mix it into the first corner. Remember that BP meeting was Doolan's lowest ebb and pretty much his last meeting for Ipswich if memory serves. I'm sure he had picked his confidence up and was scoring well again for Redcar by the seasons end.

Mick.