British Speedway Forum
Honey Monster

Leicester Lions 2013

is this the real reason why the track has been delayed further because taylor was going back to aussie

He stayed until new years day so that he wouldn't wake up in Aus to find a text message telling him he has been sacked like he did last year . :rofl:

• Like 2

I would say it will take more that Taylor to change the track..........Horse power would be better in the form of CAT/JCB!!

Agree totally.

The track is what it is and it's a bit too late now to change it drastically enough to make a real difference, and to get back the people who have already been lost.

It made me laugh seeing DH describe it as "nice, smooth and well manicured" in this week's Speedway Star. It may be all those things but he's missing the point because the one crucial thing it isn't is "entertaining".

On a positive note (because some of us always get accused of never having a single good word to say :lol: ) the team looks really competitive and Glyn has done an excellent job in assembling it. Injuries permitting, it will definitely make the play offs.

Edited by LionsDen
  • Like 2

I have been following this thread for the last few months and despite the negativity from a couple of contributors, I will be coming over to Beaumont Park this season to watch a few meetings. I like the look of the team and the promotion sounds forward thinking!

I am intrigued though as to bad press regarding the track. What exactly are the problems and does it make the product poor?

Bear in mind I watch most of my speedway at Brandon!! ;)

PS Genuine non-moaning replies please!

I have been following this thread for the last few months and despite the negativity from a couple of contributors, I will be coming over to Beaumont Park this season to watch a few meetings. I like the look of the team and the promotion sounds forward thinking!

I am intrigued though as to bad press regarding the track. What exactly are the problems and does it make the product poor?

Bear in mind I watch most of my speedway at Brandon!! ;)

PS Genuine non-moaning replies please!

Best thing is wait and see when you get there , any attempt to debate the track problems will only end in personal abuse as no one other than a select few are allowed to comment .

• Like 1

Just to add to the debate about our promotion and how little they listen to their fans.

I was told that they are bringing Chris Popple back as presenter & getting rid of Rob.

This is the bloke that made us the laughing stock of the league with such poor & boring presentation . On top of telling the paying fans on the mic who voiced there opinion on the dreadful 2011 season "up yours "

The amount of praise they got when they moved Rob onto the centre green along with how much the presentation improved to now bring back the person everyone disliked & complained about is an absolute joke..

Then again maybe Hemsley & Jones enjoy upsetting their fans & reading our complaints

Bad move IMO

Just to add to the debate about our promotion and how little they listen to their fans.

I was told that they are bringing Chris Popple back as presenter & getting rid of Rob.

This is the bloke that made us the laughing stock of the league with such poor & boring presentation . On top of telling the paying fans on the mic who voiced there opinion on the dreadful 2011 season "up yours "

The amount of praise they got when they moved Rob onto the centre green along with how much the presentation improved to now bring back the person everyone disliked & complained about is an absolute joke..

Then again maybe Hemsley & Jones enjoy upsetting their fans & reading our complaints

Bad move IMO

yet another incorrect post, what I hear is they'll BOTH be involved again, but hey when has the truth ever got in the way of posts on this page?😜 Edited by hurricanes

Apology where its due in that case but

My point is why have him back full stop

He is awful at it & rob was 1st class.

yet another incorrect post, what I hear is they'll BOTH be involved, but hey when has the truth ever got in the way of posts on this page?😜

Apology where its due in that case but

My point is why have him back full stop

He is awful at it & rob was 1st class.

I suppose nobody pleases everyone as some say Rob shouts too much. Lol

Lets see what they come up with then judge 2013 when the season starts in terms of how the track changes work, how the presentation works and how the team works . Lol

I suppose nobody pleases everyone as some say Rob shouts too much. Lol

Lets see what they come up with then judge 2013 when the season starts in terms of how the track changes work, how the presentation works and how the team works . Lol

I think whatever happens next season you will never please the usual suspects.......I'm afraid nothing will be good enough for the chip on shoulder merchants.....not even if we win the league with first class racing and a cracking presentation.

Best thing is wait and see when you get there , any attempt to debate the track problems will only end in personal abuse as no one other than a select few are allowed to comment .

yet another incorrect post, what I hear is they'll BOTH be involved again, but hey when has the truth ever got in the way of posts on this page?��

see what i mean dj350z ? Well done Hurricanes proved my point

Edited by jim the whipper

Well I have had a PM which answered my questions and was very helpful, so thanks to that person. :t:

I think whatever happens next season you will never please the usual suspects.......I'm afraid nothing will be good enough for the chip on shoulder merchants.....not even if we win the league with first class racing and a cracking presentation.

Why wouldnt people be happy as surely thats what people pay good money to expect or is it not ?

what planet are you on Jim?

So I proved YOUR point by correcting a factually incorrect post with the truth?

So sorry, I humbly apologise for stating the factual truth!

Well I have had a PM which answered my questions and was very helpful, so thanks to that person. :t:

I would suggest that you visit BP and draw your own conclusions as that's the only way you are guaranteed to build your own view without anyone else's agenda affecting it.

what planet are you on Jim?

So I proved YOUR point by correcting a factually incorrect post with the truth?

So sorry, I humbly apologise for stating the factual truth!

I would suggest that you visit BP and draw your own conclusions as that's the only way you are guaranteed to build your own view without anyone else's agenda affecting it.

That's what I intend to do hurricanes, thanks very much. Any tips where to stand?

That's what I intend to do hurricanes, thanks very much. Any tips where to stand?

try a few different places. You'll get a seat in the grandstand or a place against the fence anywhere around the track if you get there by 7pm or a bit after. Different people like different places as you know. I like either first bend or middle of back straight myself