British Speedway Forum

I have updated my chart showing all the reported attendance figures for each GP and World Cup Final since the competitions began.

The chart is at http://www.internati...o.uk/extra9.htm

• Like 2

I have updated my chart showing all the reported attendance figures for each GP and World Cup Final since the competitions began.

Looks like attendances were down everywhere except Vojens and Terenzano (the latter of which was low to start with). However, the roundness of some of the reported figures in venues that aren't at capacity are a bit suspicious.

Where are these figures from though, as I thought the FIM had stopped publishing them for some reason?

Edited by Humphrey Appleby

Looks like attendances were down everywhere except Vojens and Terenzano (the latter of which was low to start with). However, the roundness of some of the reported figures in venues that aren't at capacity are a bit suspicious.

Where are these figures from though, as I thought the FIM had stopped publishing them for some reason?

They have, I believe. The only source I can now find consistently is the Polish speedway weekly, Tygodnik Zuzlowy.

I dont know how reliable the figures are, but then some of the FIM figures were inaccurate in my opinion. And we don't know how either source accounts for the sometimes copious number of "complimentary" (i.e free) tickets.

I think I heard, that Torun was 16,780 for the final GP. Maybe wrong though.

Some worrying stats there.I didn't actually realise the crowds at Parken had dropped at all,but so far that Vojens had a better attendance!!!!! Must admit i thought Parken was great the coupleof times i attended.......apart from the drunken hooligans .The Polish crowds are also a worry i would say and this has actually been a very exciting GP season and still the crowds are not good :neutral:

COPENHAGEN GP this year clashed with Denmark's opening fixture in Euro soccer championship. Torun figure from MattB about right. Gorzow was down but with four riders in GP next year should rise again.

Ok didn't realise about this years Parken fixture,but the trend isn't good and next year we have Vojens (20,000) replaced with Daugavpils(about 7,000) so the attendances will probably have another fall?

Ok didn't realise about this years Parken fixture,but the trend isn't good and next year we have Vojens (20,000) replaced with Daugavpils(about 7,000) so the attendances will probably have another fall?

Stockholm over Malilla might reverse the trend.

well it will have to have about 10,000 more than Malilla,so a big "might" .Maybe if Jepsen Jensen had been given the wildcard it "might" have been more likely ;)

• Like 2

Some worrying stats there.I didn't actually realise the crowds at Parken had dropped at all,but so far that Vojens had a better attendance!!!!! Must admit i thought Parken was great the coupleof times i attended.......apart from the drunken hooligans . :neutral:

I went to Parken twice, in 2006 and 2008, and it was noticable on both occasions that quite a lot of people were still coming into the arena up to around heat 12. I formed the impression (which may be wrong) that the stadium was selling tickets cheap after the meeting had started.

When I returned in 2010, there were hardly any latecomers. And later I noticed that the crowd for that year had dropped considerably.

I went to Parken twice, in 2006 and 2008, and it was noticable on both occasions that quite a lot of people were still coming into the arena up to around heat 12. I formed the impression (which may be wrong) that the stadium was selling tickets cheap after the meeting had started.

When I returned in 2010, there were hardly any latecomers. And later I noticed that the crowd for that year had dropped considerably.

Yes it is a worrying trend there that cannot be explained by a one year clash with football.I haven't looked at the crowd figures for a couple of years,but just thought Parken was one of the main GPs where crowds were pretty steady.I thought as i said apart from the running battles and fights that i witnessed outside the stadium that it was a well run GP in a great(if bit expensive City) and the atmosphere was terrific.Add to that the good state of danish speedway with some very good young riders and it should be doing well.On the other hand you have the fairly sparse Vojens doing well and is now off the calendar.I wonder if this is a bit of pressure from Ole on the local authorities?Him saying without funding they won't be hosting any more big meetings in the future!!!!The GPs need to be held in front of big crowds imo.Hosting GPs in front of 4-7,000 people looks bad for tv and sponsors

Yes it is a worrying trend there that cannot be explained by a one year clash with football.I haven't looked at the crowd figures for a couple of years,but just thought Parken was one of the main GPs where crowds were pretty steady.I thought as i said apart from the running battles and fights that i witnessed outside the stadium that it was a well run GP in a great(if bit expensive City) and the atmosphere was terrific.Add to that the good state of danish speedway with some very good young riders and it should be doing well.On the other hand you have the fairly sparse Vojens doing well and is now off the calendar.I wonder if this is a bit of pressure from Ole on the local authorities?Him saying without funding they won't be hosting any more big meetings in the future!!!!The GPs need to be held in front of big crowds imo.Hosting GPs in front of 4-7,000 people looks bad for tv and sponsors

Copenhagen-a bit expensive-compared to what- Venice :lol: us Brit`s can only afford 1 night there or we would have to take out a mortgage.

• Like 1

Copenhagen-a bit expensive-compared to what- Venice :lol: us Brit`s can only afford 1 night there or we would have to take out a mortgage.

You should have seen f-s-p last week in Czecho......almost every conversation started with "Do you know how much this would cost in Finland??????" :P

Too true. 2 years ago - at the Dubliner pub on the main drag - 2 pints of Carlsberg & 2 Burger and Chips = £37.50 !!!

NEVER again!

One of the crucial aspects of GP attendances is the price of tickets-it has become an expensive night for anything other than the cheapest tickets.For instance Copenhagen has always been expensive for us brits and for 2013 top priced seats are approx £100(early bird) the exchange rate must have improved because in previous years they were more like £120.