British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
greyhoundp

The Heathens V Mildenhall < Grand Final>

Ok guys come on lets be having your thoughts on this one, 1st of all its 30 Heats for 15 quid, and probably some Fireworks On and Off Track.

The Heathens ARE The underdogs Definately for the Overall score, However with Roynon, Perry, Garrity and Nielsen there will be some keenly fought racing guaranteed, added to this the never say die efforts of Morris, Greenwood and Ritchings for the Heathens and Jacobs, Bates and Halsey, then i think there will be thrills and spills in almost every race, if you are in the area, get yourself along to Monmore Wood on Tuesday evening, where you will see some of the best British Talent out on Track, advert over, what do i think ??.

Dudley will have to be at there very best to take a home win in the 1st leg which i expect them to do, but probably only by a slender margin, no more than 6 points. Tacticals by Garrity, Nielsen and Co will ensure it will be NO more than that, if the Gremlins Hit ANY Heathens rider, then The Tigers will sneak an away win, The Heathens need to have there Gating Gear on, because IMO this is the biggest difference between the Two Teams.

Good luck, lets put the animosity to bed, and lets see Two wonderfull meetings.

This should be a great night.

I agree with Greyhoundp that Mildenhall start slight favourites over the two legs. I think our biggest problem has been a lack of activity. Dan, Daryl and JWW have hardly ridden for over a month now and we really need them to score well.

Good luck lads and as Greyhoundp says lets put the spats behind us and enjoy a great night's racing.

Not sure how or why you insist on dudley being the underdogs (maybe you're into reverse psychology) but the figures surely don't lie heathens total averages add up 54.04 and mildenhall 46.55 and remember you will be at full strength and mildenhall will be using R/R.

Not sure how or why you insist on dudley being the underdogs (maybe you're into reverse psychology) but the figures surely don't lie heathens total averages add up 54.04 and mildenhall 46.55 and remember you will be at full strength and mildenhall will be using R/R.

Whats the averages against each other ??, and NO we are not at full strength, we to are using RR for Byron Bekker, You are better gaters, and i think 1 or 2 of our riders are just short of Top Form, where as most of your riders are on it, right now, especially Stefan, and JJ, Garrity just loves to whip Heathens asses, always has, and in young Josh, what a prospect.

Edited by greyhoundp

Whats the averages against each other ??, and NO we are not at full strength, we to are using RR for Byron Bekker, You are better gaters, and i think 1 or 2 of our riders are just short of Top Form, where as most of your riders are on it, right now, especially Stefan, and JJ, Garrity just loves to whip Heathens asses, always has, and in young Josh, what a prospect.

I thought it was obvious but what I mean is that your riders have improved so much and point for point higher average than the mildenhall rider so one could assume a stronger team.

Didn't know Bekker wasn't riding ?

Keep using garrity makes you stronger, better rider than heeps. Dudley are underdogs, gona be tough for the heathens for any lead

We can't use Cameron as he's injured (waiting for and op) I'm not sure who would be better had cam ridden all season !

Finally you know what happen to the boy who cried wolf !!!

So where do we start with this one then ?

The Heathens are highly unlikely to claw back the cup deficit so I give that particular piece of silverware to the Tigers .

The Play off final however is the proverbial different kettle of fish !

I certainly believe that Dudley will come out clear winners in both meetings , not enough to take the cup but by more than enough in the PO final to put real pressure on Mildenhall at West Row on Wednesday .

To me it seems that Dudley are " both " underdogs and favourites on the night as I'm sure they will be more than up for the challenge in the competition they can realistically win !

I know given this set of circumstances which meeting I would put more effort into !

Alas , I'm unable to get to Monmore on Tuesday but I will certainly be at West Row on Wednesday to witness at least one cup being paraded by the Tigers ( hopefully )

ALL OF THE ABOVE TOTALLY DEPENDANT ON OUR WONDERFUL BRITISH WEATHER OF COURSE

SO WE'RE SCREWED THEN ! ! !

• Like 2

Just dont understand why they aint bought another rider in, seems crazy to me.

We all thought Cam would be fit in time for the playoffs.So the promotion didn't replace him.His injury seems worst than 1st thought.By the time the promotion found this out,it was too late to sign another rider.This is why we are now using a guest for the remaining fixtures

• Like 1

As Adam says, I think the promotion were hopeful Heeps would be fit for the end of the season.

Once this was not the case, however, there were just not the riders available of genuine number one quality, to make a signing with the points available. So you then need to use the guest option. To be absolutely honest, given that the guest needs to be a rider in a NL 1-7, there arent that many genuine number one options available, with the averages ruling out some of the other clubs best riders and injuries ruling out others.

Fair play to the Mildenhall promotion, they have gone out and got the best that was realistically available. I'm sure they'd admit to making some mistakes over the two seasons they've been in charge, but they've got it right with Garrity.

Effectively, Garrity is doing the same job for Mildenhall that Haines did for Dudley - only Garrity is a guest and Haines was a temporary signing.

As it happens, Garrity has strengthened the Mildenhall side, in replacing Heeps. Garrity's just got that bit more experience, and you only have to look at his PL scores for Rye to see how well he has progressed this year.

Cameron can use the time over the winter to get fit again and be ready to continue his development next season, with the likes of Garrity a good standard to aim at.

Edited by neil3065

Can some help? What is the best way to get from the centre of Birmingham (I am staying in town near New Street station) to Wolverhampton for this meeting?

Can some help? What is the best way to get from the centre of Birmingham (I am staying in town near New Street station) to Wolverhampton for this meeting?

You could get the Tram from Snow Hill Station Birmingham, to Wolverhampton, this runs very close to Sutherland Avenue, <Monmore> and drops you off, about a 2 minute walk to the stadium, I would think this is your best public Transport option, failing that, if you can get to Dudley, i would gladly give you a lift, hope this helps.

The link below gives you nearly all the public transport info, you will nead.

http://www.networkwe.../tramtimes.aspx

Edited by greyhoundp

I see the Mildenhall website says that we can't use our rain-off tickets from last Sunday for the meeting against Dudley this coming Wednesday.

Can anybody in an official capacity from the club explain why please, when your website says "Normal Admission Prices Apply".

Also your programme says that the ticket can be used at any of the next 3 home meetings (of which this is one) excluding BSPA shared events. Surely this fixture doesn't fall into that category does it? If it doesn't, then why are you not abiding by the rules?

I see the Mildenhall website says that we can't use our rain-off tickets from last Sunday for the meeting against Dudley this coming Wednesday.

Can anybody in an official capacity from the club explain why please, when your website says "Normal Admission Prices Apply".

Also your programme says that the ticket can be used at any of the next 3 home meetings (of which this is one) excluding BSPA shared events. Surely this fixture doesn't fall into that category does it? If it doesn't, then why are you not abiding by the rules?

You could always appeal to the BSPA. On second thoughts................................................................maybe not!

They have said something along the lines of it taking to long to administer at the turnstiles?? it does seem a strange decision.