British Speedway Forum
challenger

Berwick Survival.

Happiness is 46-44 :drink: and a Pie.

My point is that all the calls for better track, better racing, and better results is maybe the answer for the die-hard fans: but, maybe not the answer for borderline or new fans?

My point is that all the calls for better track, better racing, and better results is maybe the answer for the die-hard fans: but, maybe not the answer for borderline or new fans?

Can the the sport afford to lose many more die-hard fans ,it seems to be struggling to attract new fans and keep them IMO

Think you are reading that all wrong the diehard fans just want top watch speedway but at Berwick that would appear to be about the 500 mark which with all the best intentions is not break even point for the club.

The extra 2-300 that takes it to the viable level(and this is only my opinion)only want to watch a winning team and you cannot change that mentallity over night you either give them the package they want or they don't come. The ten year old kid ain't going to badger his dad or mum to go and watch the Bandits get beat or wallow around the bottom of the league its human nature everybody wants to be associated with winners. Look at the Olympic effect soon as the gold medals started to roll in people start watching never watched so much kayaking and athletics in my life.

• Like 2

Think you are reading that all wrong the diehard fans just want top watch speedway but at Berwick that would appear to be about the 500 mark which with all the best intentions is not break even point for the club.

The extra 2-300 that takes it to the viable level(and this is only my opinion)only want to watch a winning team and you cannot change that mentallity over night you either give them the package they want or they don't come. The ten year old kid ain't going to badger his dad or mum to go and watch the Bandits get beat or wallow around the bottom of the league its human nature everybody wants to be associated with winners. Look at the Olympic effect soon as the gold medals started to roll in people start watching never watched so much kayaking and athletics in my life.

I'm not saying I disagree, but why did crowds drop so low when these things were right during the 2005 season?

I'm not saying I disagree, but why did crowds drop so low when these things were right during the 2005 season?

Where are your figures from 2005, but I think you have to bear in mind that that team was put together with a fair portion of riders with no where else to go and for whatever reason that season they clicked but I suspect they were riding for buttons in comparison to today. Low overheads = profit.

Where are your figures from 2005, but I think you have to bear in mind that that team was put together with a fair portion of riders with no where else to go and for whatever reason that season they clicked but I suspect they were riding for buttons in comparison to today. Low overheads = profit.

I wasn't talking about costs.

Peter told me the crowd levels in 2005. He couldn't believe that he had put together a winning team, great racers, yet the crowds kept dropping.

Or at least that is what he said to me.

You just need to look at the DVD to see how quiet it was.

I'm just saying that we might be a bit blind to what is actually required to get people through the gate.

Teal made some very good suggestions about getting younger folk through the gate, ones I wouldn't have thought about (not saying much, mind).

I think the suggestions of various promotions aimed at various groups is a good idea and far more likely to succeed than the run-of-the-mill track and winning arguments.

I'm just saying that we might be a bit blind to what is actually required to get people through the gate

Well i think we need to find out if we are running first, then we need to build a team that will entertain at home, then we need to create a buzz but first things first.

• Like 1

It seems that you and me are in the minority in thinking this way, I think it was very poor form that they didn't want their views published , and that think their excuse was equally poor

Dont be so sure,Ive spoken to one or two fellow Berwick fans and they as mystified as me why the Berwick page didnt appear in this weeks Speedway Star,can we take it that every other club are lacking integrity and prudency.We are being told on here that the promotion like to engage with supporters,I think this was a chance missed to get their views over to a wider public.

Got to admit Berwicks PR is one of the biggest jokes in speedway....the press releases, hype and quotes etc are so corny it's unreal...why not just stick with the basics instead of all the slava and spin...drama queens or what?

Are you crazy,you`ll be hit with the can you do any better stick that I was a few days ago. :lol:

Fully agree with you by the way. ;)

• Like 1

See we were 2nd in the track of the year (Premier division). :cheers:

Who decided?

Who decided?

Referees,Scunthorpe were first with Berwick & Somerset joint second.

So our track isn't so bad then?

I find those who constantly go on about the track a tad sad. :D

Unless the devil is in the detail its looks the BSPA have taken 3 days to change nothing.