British Speedway Forum
paul90210

Coventry 2013

I never saw anything in Dwyer to think he'd make a Speedway rider. Hope he proves me wrong if he's the final rider.

For somone to say this about a boy who is what 15? well i cant imagine how he will feel if he reads this, now if he was 20+ then i could understand it, but i think you are being a tad harsh there True Bee.

• Like 4

True Bee I take it you was not at Lakeside when Conor rode for Scunthorpe against Hackney on a wet horrible night, He did more than enough that night to gain a NL place

Sorry. Just my opinion. I probably am being harsh given his age so I've removed my comment. I'd love him to prove me wrong still of course.

• Like 1

Well he must have been 15 at least when he rode 2yrs ago against Hackney so has to be at least 17 now i would imagine .. perhaps someone can tell us how old Connor really is,,,He wont be the only Rookie in the league this season and some will be younger good luck to them all

Well he must have been 15 at least when he rode 2yrs ago against Hackney so has to be at least 17 now i would imagine .. perhaps someone can tell us how old Connor really is,,,He wont be the only Rookie in the league this season and some will be younger good luck to them all

He'll be 20 in august

Not so young then ,,, why has he not been in a team last season?...has he had a bad injury that kept him sidelined....?

Edited by waco

Conor was told he had a place at Scunthorpe for last season after his run outs for them against hackney and newport both away only to be told in January he wasn't? so was too late to go for trials at others tracks. rode in the stoke open meeting and in his opening ride was overtaking a rider when the rider slid off Conor lay his bike down slid into the air fence and severely sprained his ankle. the next time he was due to have trials he was riding at rye the night before the trial and was comfortably leading his second ride when on a 5-1 when his team mate t-boned him on the last bend and he dislocated his thumb. had a run out for Dudley at mildenhall in August and was knocked off whilst leading his first ride and excluded?? was level into the first bend in his next 2 rides against the some very good riders so gained some very good experience and then broke his arm in his first ride at the u19's on an absolutely shocking track at Sheffield. so he has been riding well enough to get noticed but has been in the wars all no fault of his own

Kudogoe your right conor had a lot of bad luck and at times when riding well he has been over looked maybe due to age ?? but conor not had much motorbike exprience outside of speedway and is one of these lads that is a slow burner when comes to learning but he has come on a lot in 12 months and he can gate which will help a lot at cov, at 19/20 yrs old hes must be a youngster in main mans eyes seen as last signing is 23 yet described as a promising young rider ?? I know conor is working hard and trying everything out there to be fit and has upgraded his equipment so fingers crossed

• Like 3

771Neil maybe you are right about his age being a factor but there are older riders in the MDL being given a go and riders who have been riding since they were very young with a lot of riding experience yet I know conor has beaten all the riders in the MDL bar 1 I think and there have been a few NL reservses in the MDL, and on his NL outings for Scunthorpe last year scored paid 7 and paid 6 and didn't disgrace himself in a tough test at mildenhall this year. I think he would benefit from a season in a team. Not sure how the kids get into teams some seem to make it even though they are not on the pace of others.

I see Coventry are up to their old tricks again, stealing someone else's copyright identity just as they did when they replaced the famous fighting bee with the stolen comedy hornet.

http://www.district112foundation.org/Images/StormTransparent.gif

http://www.coventrybees.co/images/newspost_images2/coventry_storm.jpg

Edited by John Leslie

I see Coventry are up to their old tricks again, stealing someone else's copyright identity just as they did when they replaced the famous fighting bee with the stolen comedy hornet.

http://www.district112foundation.org/Images/StormTransparent.gif

http://www.coventrybees.co/images/newspost_images2/coventry_storm.jpg

Most Speedway clubs do the same. Kings Lynn and Sheffield both have stolen theirs as well.

http://www.district1...Transparent.gif

http://www.coventryb...entry_storm.jpg

Anyone can buy the licence to use the logo/artwork.

There are plenty of teams in the sports world using exactly the same Logo (with or without edited team names).

Have they all stolen copyright or just bought the licence?

ATB

Dave

• Like 2

DUDLEY and Coventry have announced plans to start the season with a two-legged Challenge ahead of the new National League campaign.

The clashes will take place at Brandon on March 22 and Monmore Green on April 9, with Coventry set to enter the league at next week’s AGM.

Dudley chairman Nigel Pearson said: “We’re delighted to provide the opposition for the exciting launch of National League racing at Coventry and we wish Mick Horton and his management team every success with the project. There will be some terrific racing in both meetings and it’s a fabulous way for the curtain to go up on 2013.”

Coventry co-boss Blayne Scroggins added: “It’s great to see the old rivalry between Coventry and the Heathens back on track after an absence of too many years. I’m sure Dudley will bring massive support to Brandon, so I hope lots of fans turn out to support the Storm in their first meeting.”