British Speedway Forum
vog

Stoke 2013

We appear to be against ourselves on 21 April (SGB says this is Buxton away) but not against Dudley at home at all ! That would put a serious dent in our takings !

Thanks Chubby; I thought we are starting at 7.00pm. Shows 7.30pm on the fixtures?

Yes assume they haven't got round to correcting that yet !

You certainly make enough noise for 2000!!

Well if you've got something to say you might as well make sure you're heard. :D

...but not against Dudley at home at all !

That has been noted. Running scared already? :P

Will let you know when I have seen both teams ride ! :t:

Edited by ChubbyCheshire

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Stoke boys bang in some results but there's a lot of 'ifs' in the team. A bit too much so for my liking (well, if I were a Stoke fan anyway). I think we have the legs on you over the course of the season. We're going to have two good reserves all season I think/hope. They could prove worth their weight in gold.

IOW are still the stand-out team for me though.

• Like 1

any idea what the 40th anniversary meeting format is ? I hope it will also involve some of the riders who graced the Chesterton Potters colours back in 1973

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Stoke boys bang in some results but there's a lot of 'ifs' in the team. A bit too much so for my liking (well, if I were a Stoke fan anyway). I think we have the legs on you over the course of the season. We're going to have two good reserves all season I think/hope. They could prove worth their weight in gold.

IOW are still the stand-out team for me though.

There are a load of ? about the Stoke team that's for sure but in a good way that has encouraged me for the new season to go along and see how it develops. I remember last year that my concerns were with other riders than Jamie Pickard as he was sure to get better from his 2011 showing. It did not quite happen for him which is a pity with such talent and it's good to see that he still wants to go on. So it shows that all riders can be ? at this stage because we haven't started yet.

IOW do look good and I'm sure we have our first match as a challenge against them. Lets get those wheels turning and have a good competitive season for all teams.

Edited by Steeplejack
  • Like 2

any idea what the 40th anniversary meeting format is ? I hope it will also involve some of the riders who graced the Chesterton Potters colours back in 1973

In a zimmer race ?! ;)

Thanks Chubby; I thought we are starting at 7.00pm. Shows 7.30pm on the fixtures?

Is definitely 7.00pm a most sensible move in order to give proper attention to the Midland Development League matches.

The website will be altered very soon.

Well if you've got something to say you might as well make sure you're heard. :D

Only last weekend we agreed a date with Dudley which was subsequently used for the National League Pairs. It was a Sunday so that both teams would be at full strength. We had hoped to put on an outstanding National League fixture that day in warm sunshine for all to enjoy. We are currently looking at new options.

We are scared of no-one. Make no mistake about that.

Malcolm Vasey

Edited by Proud Potter
  • Like 1

I remember last year that my concerns were with other riders than Jamie Pickard as he was sure to get better from his 2011 showing. It did not quite happen for him which is a pity with such talent and it's good to see that he still wants to go on.

Is Jaimie riding this year - I got the impression from FB he had hung up his racing gear ? I hope he is racing.

There are a load of ? about the Stoke team...

Yeah, don't get me wrong if it all clicks it's a very lively looking team. Whether it's one that can hit the ground running and maintain it for a full season is where I begin to think maybe but maybe not. :)

Only last weekend we agreed a date with Dudley which was subsequently used for the National League Pairs. It was a Sunday so that both teams would be at full strength. We had hoped to put on an outstanding National League fixture that day in warm sunshine for all to enjoy. We are currently looking at new options.

Thanks for the info. :t:

We are scared of no-one. Make no mistake about that.

Malcolm Vasey

Yes, you are. And my comment was entirely serious and not the least tongue-in-cheek! ;)

Is Jaimie riding this year - I got the impression from FB he had hung up his racing gear ? I hope he is racing.

I read somewhere that he's packed it in but can't remember where. Largely a victim of being lumbered with an unattractive average in the end. Shame but that's the name of game as much as anything, and always has been.

Any news if Stoke have paid James Cockle yet ?

Apparently (and especially for the occasion) they are laying on electricity, paramedics that turn up, and rumour has it they are hiring a carpet in the bar that your feet don't actually stick to!
  • Like 2

Is definitely 7.00pm a most sensible move in order to give proper attention to the Midland Development League matches.

The website will be altered very soon.

Malcolm Vasey

The website has now been updated :)

I read somewhere that he's packed it in but can't remember where. Largely a victim of being lumbered with an unattractive average in the end. Shame but that's the name of game as much as anything, and always has been.

There's an article in the speedway star this week that Jaimie says he would like to return to the sport if he's given an opportunity, preferably with a local team (he named Stoke, Dudley & Coventry) but he wouldn't mind the travelling.