British Speedway Forum
mrss

Kings Lynn 2013

Great to see Mr Young sorted ---made so much progress last year . Good luck to Tom in 2013.

Darren Mallett, Lewis Kerr, Scott Campos & Lewis Rose IMO have to be the remaining 5

Brendan Johnson may still be in with a shout but I think it's time Jake Knight moves else where. Think Coventry would be a perfect choice.

No room for Tom Stokes, Screamer?

He impressed me last (this) year. He made lots of progress at the beginning of the season, although he did seem to hit a few rough patches at times.

1 Darren Mallett

2 Tom Stokes

3 Lewis Kerr

4 Adam Lowe/Jake Knight

5 Tom Young

6 Shane Hazelden

7 Lewis Rose

Or something similar, perhaps?

• Like 1

No disrespect to the two lads but I'd prefer Johnson and Campos to not be included next year, they have reached their level for me. I think Mungo has it about right and I agree with screamer that a year away for Jake will do him the power of good.

No room for Tom Stokes, Screamer?

He impressed me last (this) year. He made lots of progress at the beginning of the season, although he did seem to hit a few rough patches at times.

1 Darren Mallett

2 Tom Stokes

3 Lewis Kerr

4 Adam Lowe/Jake Knight

5 Tom Young

6 Shane Hazelden

7 Lewis Rose

Or something similar, perhaps?

With having 2 new faces someone is going to be disappointed. Your team looks good though.

I get the impression (and the club has always said it isn't about that) we're trying to put a team together to win the league. Personally, for me that would be a shame as it should be about progressing riders not titles in the NL

• Like 3

With having 2 new faces someone is going to be disappointed. Your team looks good though.

I get the impression (and the club has always said it isn't about that) we're trying to put a team together to win the league. Personally, for me that would be a shame as it should be about progressing riders not titles in the NL

With the current poor support from the club faithful do you not think it possible that a successful team challenging for the title would bring in better crowds. Also in my view riders in a successful team are more likely to improve at a higher rate.

Secondly aren't all leagues about progressing riders Pl up to EL, EL to GP?

Not picking on any riders, and no criticisms intended but agree the Jake Knight sentiments but are Darren Mallett and Adam Lowe & Scott Campos likely to kick on to PL if they remain at KL - maybe moves elsewhere would offer new challenges. Maybe for the NL a cap of say 3 years at any one NL track in a career would be beneficial to development?

Kev

• Like 4

Scott Campos has reached his level, i remember seeing him in the under 15,s at Buxton, many years ago now, same era as Bridger, Auty, Hughes. Darren Mallett and Adam Lowe have had serious injuries which have held them both back, but they can both be very fast.

Darren Mallett and Adam Lowe have had serious injuries which have held them both back, but they can both be very fast.

Agree, but with the very limited amount of meetings at this level would it not be more beneficial for any rider to have more exposure to other tracks and Managerial set ups?

Kev

With the current poor support from the club faithful do you not think it possible that a successful team challenging for the title would bring in better crowds

Only once they reach the Play-Off's. Before that, nobody is that interested in the reserve team

Only once they reach the Play-Off's. Before that, nobody is that interested in the reserve team

and therein lies the problem for NL Teams with who run under a senior Team, I cant think of one over the years that has had any kind of succesful attendance figures. Coventry CL, Wolves CL, Bournemouth NL, Newport CL & NL, Scunny NL, Belle Vue NL, Rye House NL, Kings Lynn NL, Newcastle NL, all have tried and failed, what it really needs is not only for the promoters to try the NL, but they have to try something different, such as if they are a Senior team season ticket holder, they can watch NL for half price, or produce a Senior program <though open to abuse> for half price admission to NL meetings. Surely its better to have 200 spectators at £5/6 than 50 at a tenner. Get out to local junior schools, and give demonstrations by riders and bikes, along with a video or three, give them free tickets for NL meetings, along with a fixture list, I personally can only see Coventry running for 1 season unless something is tried outside of the norm, something pro active has to be tried to get spectators through the gates, cuz its of no use just to say, we are doing NL racing in 2013/14 or whatever because history says it wont last. Use NL racing to try different promotional activities, and if they are succesful then these junior Teams will have a future.

• Like 1

Darren Mallett back at number one according to Radio Norfolk, fingers crossed for an injury free season. How many points does that leave for the final two?