British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jonny the spud

Isle Of Wight 2013

Good luck to the IOW Heathens for 2013, you have assembled a good team for 2013, put Byron in as your Captain, great with the supporters also, Tom Pom No1, lovely to see him miss the gate, cuz when he does, dont turn away for 1 moment, Daryll when he has his bikes right he can live with the best, added to Ben, Danny boy, Adam and Brendon, if you stay injury free, cant see any anyone beating you on The Island, and the management there have to be applauded for putting this Team together. Look forward to seeing you guys up here in the Midlands, what about an early season Challenge, with you guys ?. :wink:

There's a " back the Brits" campaign on twitter to encourage young Brit riders. If I'm right ( although I could certainly be wrong) are 6 of the islands 7 British ? And with an average age of less than 20 can any other club beat them on that front ?

If I'm right ( although I could certainly be wrong) are 6 of the islands 7 British ? And with an average age of less than 20 can any other club beat them on that front ?

Dudley?

Think Ellis will be number 1 by the end of the year and that will be impressive with Perry in the team but that lad is going to be very very special

There's a " back the Brits" campaign on twitter to encourage young Brit riders. If I'm right ( although I could certainly be wrong) are 6 of the islands 7 British ? And with an average age of less than 20 can any other club beat them on that front ?

Back to sleep Johny, the NL is british only.

Junior

So Cameron heeps is British?

Probably as British as Byron Bekker :lol:

Although that probably won't suit your point as the BSPA sanctioned both would suggest they must be.

Kev

Edited by norwichkev
  • Like 1

Good luck to the IOW Heathens for 2013, you have assembled a good team for 2013, put Byron in as your Captain, great with the supporters also, Tom Pom No1, lovely to see him miss the gate, cuz when he does, dont turn away for 1 moment, Daryll when he has his bikes right he can live with the best, added to Ben, Danny boy, Adam and Brendon, if you stay injury free, cant see any anyone beating you on The Island, and the management there have to be applauded for putting this Team together. Look forward to seeing you guys up here in the Midlands, what about an early season Challenge, with you guys ?. :wink:

putting a team together you mean recognizing great talent and catching what dudley stupidly got rid of lol

Probably as British as Byron Bekker :lol:

Although that probably won't suit your point as the BSPA sanctioned both would suggest they must be.

Kev

Indeed they did kev.

Look forward to seeing them in a GB team of the future.

• Like 1

No Mr Heep has British Blood in his family so he can ride NL but i think he cant this season as his average is to high for Nl i think that is rember.

It would appear that the Isle of Wight's legendary start marshal "Five Laps Les" has spread his influence worldwide as we've just had a five lapper out there at Kurri Kurri in Oz!!!

Meanwhile back on the island, a lot of work has been put into fully refurbishing the Premier Lounge and bar on the first floor of the clubhouse. Chances to see and hear for yourself exactly what has gone on there during the close season come firstly when the club hold their AGM on Saturday Feb 2nd and then at a Quiz Night being staged by the Supporters Club on Feb 12th.

All the news etc on the club's official website at: http://www.iowislanders.co

[quote name=Bryn'

timestamp='1358587795' post='2237235]

It would appear that the Isle of Wight's legendary start marshal "Five

Laps Les" has spread his influence worldwide as we've just had a five

lapper out there at Kurri Kurri in Oz!!!

Meanwhile back on the island, a lot of work has been put into fully

refurbishing the Premier Lounge and bar on the first floor of the

clubhouse. Chances to see and hear for yourself exactly what has gone on

there during the close season come firstly when the club hold their AGM

on Saturday Feb 2nd and then at a Quiz Night being staged by the

Supporters Club on Feb 12th.

All the news etc on the club's official website at:

http://www.iowislanders.co

Easily my favorite clubhouse/bar of all the tracks i've been to particularly the terrace area :)

• Like 1

A brief reminder that the club's AGM is being held tomorrow night at Smallbrook commencing at 7pm. Yours truly will be in attendance and all the details will appear in due course on the Wightlink Islanders official website at http://www.iowislanders.co