British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jonny the spud

Isle Of Wight 2013

Always had a soft spot for the Islanders, so its brilliant to see them putting together a team that could really challenge for honours in 2013.

Bet my old mate the Baron of Merstone is getting excited :D

• Like 1

So the IOW have more Dudley riders than Dudley.............going to be a very good team,can`t see Dudley thrashing them home and away next year that`s for sure

Which one is The A Team ? :D

A full official club press release will be issued later today but I can confirm that Byron Bekker, Brandon Freemantle and indeed Danny Stoneman are the trio that will complete the Wightlink Islanders starting septet in 2013.

• Like 1

A full official club press release will be issued later today but I can confirm that Byron Bekker, Brandon Freemantle and indeed Danny Stoneman are the trio that will complete the Wightlink Islanders starting septet in 2013.

A good solid 1-7, got to be one of the favourites to win some trophies come october 2013 already

the only real differance between this team and last years original team [before injuries] is ellis is going to be a free scoring reserve

the only real differance between this team and last years original team [before injuries] is ellis is going to be a free scoring reserve

Sorry mate i beg to differ, Tom Pom, will guarantee points away from home, same with Darryl, and Byron, throw in young Ellis, and they are a potent force to be reckoned with away from home, away form has been IOW,s weakness in recent years, this team wont get ommered away.

WOW, what a line-up. That is going to take some beating. If Darryl gets to grips with the much bigger circuit quickly there are going to be some big home scores and that's a very good team to take to any away track too. It's a bit early to state outright but I don't think we'll see a better 'on paper' team come to tapes.

• Like 2

Well we live in hope ,after a few years of unrest lets hope this team will help save the club and put bums on seats. Great credit must go to the two promoters Chris and Kev for compiling this strong team . :lol:

• Like 1

It looks like a fantastic team to me and I do like the 'Dudley South' tag.

I agree with Greyhoundp that there could be a few Heathens fans turning up at the likes of Buxton Coventry and Stoke to cheer our former lads on.

It could get a bit confusing at Monmore Wood when they come visiting. Some of us have never fully got to grips with cheering the red and blue helmet colours there and this will only make things even more confusing.

Good luck to the Islanders. You've certainly done your sums!

• Like 1

Just what the NL needs, teams that are strong all over the country and actually makes the racing and meetings better!

Last year there were too many 60-30 odd victories for Heathens and Mildenhall.....Dont see that this year!

Going to be special!

• Like 3