British Speedway Forum
oldtimer

Latest Update From Oak Tree Arena

Very tasty side put together by the Rebels Management, for me the strongest 1 to 7 put together so far for the coming season.

I might even have a few quid on them.

You won't get much of a price!!

is this the youngest side we have ever assembled?

a lot of improvment in this side and 3 young brits to boot.

I would say probably, and for that reason I think it would be unfair to expect too much from this years Rebels.For us to be really competitive I feel that at least two of the four second strings will need to be putting on a couple of points on their averages. The obvious candidate for improving is Alex, who finished like a train last season just as he did the season before,but at the beginning of both seasons struggled for form. If he can start like he finishes,a high six/ low seven is not beyond him. Big step up for Kyle into the top five for the first time in his career. He had the luxury of staying at reserve all last term due to the excellent form of the Rebels top five, but made some excellent tactical appearances and regularly won heats 12 and 14..

Tom needs to sort his gating out, on the occasions I`ve seen him , he struggles a bit here, but is rarely off the pace. I`m expecting big things from this year, never gives up.

As for the top three, imo we have the best No1 in the Prem. Was there an unluckier rider than Doyley at the end of last season. Comfortably in front in the final of the PLRC, only for the race to be stopped, and then getting injured in the rerun which cost him the title, and probably Somerset the Play offs,as I do not think he would have totalled 12 points over those the two meetings.He is fast becoming a fixture at the OTA,and long may it continue.

I always quite liked Josh,not had the luckiest of times with injury and still only 24. He knows how to win and will be good backup for Doyley,as will Nick who came on leaps and bounds last term and imo was the reason Scunny did so well at the back end of the season.I can`t really comment on Stefan except to say welcome and good luck . The vibe from the pits was always positive so if Doyley can keep the team spirit going,you are half way there.

Just a quick note to say all the best to Claus, James and Jesper who missed out this season, thanks for the the great effort you put in last time,I hoped you enjoyed your spell with Somerset and I am sure you will be welcomed back whenever you return.

I have already wished Sam all the best on the Edinburgh thread.

Edited by Cliffeboy

I would say probably, and for that reason I think it would be unfair to expect too much from this years Rebels.For us to be really competitive I feel that at least two of the four second strings will need to be putting on a couple of points on their averages. The obvious candidate for improving is Alex, who finished like a train last season just as he did the season before,but at the beginning of both seasons struggled for form. If he can start like he finishes,a high six/ low seven is not beyond him. Big step up for Kyle into the top five for the first time in his career. He had the luxury of staying at reserve all last term due to the excellent form of the Rebels top five, but made some excellent tactical appearances and regularly won heats 12 and 14..

Tom needs to sort his gating out, on the occasions I`ve seen him , he struggles a bit here, but is rarely off the pace. I`m expecting big things from this year, never gives up.

I would agree with this, both Kyle and Alex need to push on. But if some riders can find the improvement you will be there again.

As for the top three, imo we have the best No1 in the Prem. Was there an unluckier rider than Doyley at the end of last season. Comfortably in front in the final of the PLRC, only for the race to be stopped, and then getting injured in the rerun which cost him the title, and probably Somerset the Play offs,as I do not think he would have totalled 12 points over those the two meetings.He is fast becoming a fixture at the OTA,and long may it continue.

I always quite liked Josh,not had the luckiest of times with injury and still only 24. He knows how to win and will be good backup for Doyley,as will Nick who came on leaps and bounds last term and imo was the reason Scunny did so well at the back end of the season.I can`t really comment on Stefan except to say welcome and good luck . The vibe from the pits was always positive so if Doyley can keep the team spirit going,you are half way there.

Just a quick note to say all the best to Claus, James and Jesper who missed out this season, thanks for the the great effort you put in last time,I hoped you enjoyed your spell with Somerset and I am sure you will be welcomed back whenever you return.

I have already wished Sam all the best on the Edinburgh thread.

Can't argue with any of that Cliffeboy. Our top 3 should ensure that we're competitive wherever we go, but in order to pick up some away wins we're going to need some significant contributions from a couple of the other lads. Whether that happens often enough for us to be challenging at the top of the league, only time will tell.

If Jason, Nick and Josh can stay fit then I'm sure we'll not be far away again, but it's a big if. The make-up of our side does leave us particularly vulnerable if/when Nick or Josh are unavailable and the dreaded r/r 'guests' for us. Expecting Alex, Kyle and the 2 young reserves to adequately cover for one of those two is a huge ask. Let's hope that doesn't need to happen too often. Roll on March!

No anouncement yet on the cost of matchday programme. I favour the free one we had a couple of seasons back, just 4 sided A4 with racecard in the middle. I don't think people want to pay £2-50 for a few articles in the programme, if you want to read about speedway you buy The Star for £2-80 or £2-24 if you use the W H Smith discount voucher.

What do others think?

Edited by oldtimer

No anouncement yet on the cost of matchday programme. I favour the free one we had a couple of seasons back, just 4 sided A4 with racecard in the middle. I don't think people want to pay £2-50 for a few articles in the programme, if you want to read about speedway you buy The Star for £2-80 or £2-24 if you use the W H Smith discount voucher.

What do others think?

I think, other than the big preview edition, the Speedway Star is a complete waste of money!

I think, other than the big preview edition, the Speedway Star is a complete waste of money!

should be a reduction in the star as mine was 3 days late again!,looking forward to march but sad to see jesper and claus not kept on but thats the average thing as normall Edited by cat2

Same every year. Favourites come and go.

Will miss the danes at Somerset both great characters.

Edited by sugarray

should be a reduction in the star as mine was 3 days late again!,looking forward to march but sad to see jesper and claus not kept on but thats the average thing as normal

Claus finished on exactly the same average as what Josh will start on in 2013. I would much rather have kept Claus as he is a great character and has expressed his liking for the club and the track on many occasions. Claus also wouldn't be a gamble as he is ever reliable where as Josh last year, albeit hampered by injuries, was so inconsistent it was unreal.

• Like 1

Claus finished on exactly the same average as what Josh will start on in 2013. I would much rather have kept Claus as he is a great character and has expressed his liking for the club and the track on many occasions. Claus also wouldn't be a gamble as he is ever reliable where as Josh last year, albeit hampered by injuries, was so inconsistent it was unreal.

I`m thinking it maybe cost as I believe the whole team is based in England this year. I should imagine the cost of having two commuting riders in the team would be a bit high, that`s assuming they were commuting.However we did start last season with only Claus coming from Europe so I see your point.

Must be a logical reason for it...

Must be a logical reason for it...

Something to do with not agreeing on a deal.

For such a small amount Claus could be lost to UK this year.

What do others think?

The actual format/price of the 2013 programme will not be confirmed until most probably late January next year as need to look into the actual layout/content/design of the programme coupled with the amount of advertising space that has been sold. One thing I can assure you of, though, is the fact that it will not be the 4-sided A4 race-card style we had in 2011. Initial thoughts are that it might well be a something along the lines of a glossy, 32 page, B4 size programme, but as I say a final decision will not be made until late January 2013.

The actual format/price of the 2013 programme will not be confirmed until most probably late January next year as need to look into the actual layout/content/design of the programme coupled with the amount of advertising space that has been sold. One thing I can assure you of, though, is the fact that it will not be the 4-sided A4 race-card style we had in 2011. Initial thoughts are that it might well be a something along the lines of a glossy, 32 page, B4 size programme, but as I say a final decision will not be made until late January 2013.

Sounds good if it's free!