British Speedway Forum
oldtimer

Latest Update From Oak Tree Arena

Just can't help yourselves can ya. And for what its worth, not that you'd care, i think he will attain roundabout his starting average.

Who can resist an open goal?

And by the way, Antonio Lindback is alive and well, I believe!

Edited by Barney Rebel

And by the way, Antonio Lindback is alive and well, I believe!

Yep, so i believe!

Good news this morning is that Jason Doyle has finished 5th overall in the Aussie Champonships, meaning he shouldn't be in the Grand Prix qualifiers.

Everones favourite west country stars such as ZZ Top, Michael Jackson??? :neutral:

Not forgetting The Sex Pistols . . all in the style of The Wurzels! Sounds fantastic!

See you there, no doubt, OT?

Edited by Barney Rebel

Not forgetting The Sex Pistols . . all in the style of The Wurzels! Sounds fantastic!

What I meant was, didn't think ZZ Top etc came from the West Country??? :o

You know what, you might be right. Perhaps it's a little tongue-in-cheek? Athough Michael Jackson did once visit Exeter and ZZ Top do look like they could come from deepest Somerset. ;)

Everones favourite west country stars such as ZZ Top, Michael Jackson??? :neutral:

You know what, you might be right. Perhaps it's a little tongue-in-cheek? Athough Michael Jackson did once visit Exeter and ZZ Top do look like they could come from deepest Somerset. ;)

Howard & Barney Reb...........have been asleep and woken up in LaLa land, or someone deleted a post somewhere? :P:D

Edited by womble53

While poor old Berwick struggle to attract sponsors, Somerset seem to attract them in abundance with a new team partner and new team associate. This is great news for the Rebels. That makes a Team Sponsor, six Team Partners and five Team Associates. Not bad for a team with a track in a field!

Have nothing to contribute but as no one has posted for 6 days that makes us bottom of the League on this thread cant have that!!!!!!!

Number 1 until the next posting!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry 'seanmuffe'. Didn't last too long at #1. Story of the 2013 season for the Witches?

While poor old Berwick struggle to attract sponsors, Somerset seem to attract them in abundance with a new team partner and new team associate. This is great news for the Rebels. That makes a Team Sponsor, six Team Partners and five Team Associates. Not bad for a team with a track in a field!

Sorry 'seanmuffe'. Didn't last too long at #1. Story of the 2013 season for the Witches?

With Berwick struggling to attract sponsors, how can they afford to charge £12 admission and £10 for concessions? Somerset is £15 with sponsors and own their track, so Berwick seem to be taking a big gamble that low admission equals more customers. Hope they are correct.

• Like 1

With Berwick struggling to attract sponsors, how can they afford to charge £12 admission and £10 for concessions? Somerset is £15 with sponsors and own their track, so Berwick seem to be taking a big gamble that low admission equals more customers. Hope they are correct.

Well they did have a trial run at reduced admission last season so they must have an idea of how it will work out.

There is not a lot of cash in the borders so perhaps they need to try something to attract customers.

As I should know, it is a funny old place!

By the way OT, we gave the OTA a try for Sunday lunch and it was spot on.

Howard & Barney Reb...........have been asleep and woken up in LaLa land, or someone deleted a post somewhere? :P:D

Just have a gander at the official Rebels site and it will all become clear Womble. Keep up man. :D

Well they did have a trial run at reduced admission last season so they must have an idea of how it will work out.

There is not a lot of cash in the borders so perhaps they need to try something to attract customers.

As I should know, it is a funny old place!

By the way OT, we gave the OTA a try for Sunday lunch and it was spot on.

With the weather due to thaw this week end, will be going there for lunch this Sunday, it's good value.