British Speedway Forum
oldtimer

Latest Update From Oak Tree Arena

No suggestions yet on improving entertainment. I was watching Rugby yesterday and a rousing fanfare played whenever anyone scored. How about this for a 5-1, or even better music during the evening?

You're easily pleased clearly. The fanfare stuff is cringeworthy to say the least, but I hope they sort the music presentation out at Somerset this season as it's been nothing short of awful for the past few seasons. Blaring the boys are back in town and the final countdown just doesn't cut it anymore.

• Like 1

You're easily pleased clearly. The fanfare stuff is cringeworthy to say the least, but I hope they sort the music presentation out at Somerset this season as it's been nothing short of awful for the past few seasons. Blaring the boys are back in town and the final countdown just doesn't cut it anymore.

Why don't you come up with a suggestion then??

Why don't you come up with a suggestion then??

Not a problem - I always use Swindon and formally Reading as their presentation and music choice was superb before they sadly closed. They play modern up to date music from the charts of today, as oppose to the 1970s that actually have something about them and can create a great atmosphere around the track. Obviously there is exceptions to this, but anything would be better than listening to the Beetles in segments in between races all night long.

Not a problem - I always use Swindon and formally Reading as their presentation and music choice was superb before they sadly closed. They play modern up to date music from the charts of today,

Oh good, you are having a larf.You call todays music, music.Your showing your age mate. The majority of people would prefere the 80's stuff, because that is what is predominately played at Swindon,except people your age of course!! Ows it go nowadays, BOM BOM BOM BOM.. jeez, give me some ear plugs... :lol:

Edited by Starman2006

Oh good, you are having a larf.You call todays music, music.Your showing your age mate. The majority of people would prefere the 80's stuff, because that is what is predominately played at Swindon,except people your age of course!! Ows it go nowadays, BOM BOM BOM BOM.. jeez, give me some ear plugs... :lol:

LOL - This has literally just made my day. It seems you're as clued up on the music world as you are the Speedway world.

Edited by Najjer
  • Like 2

Plenty of things have been going on at the OTA in the last couple of weeks with the main rhyne behind the terracing and clubhouse being piped, the lights finished on the driveway, main entrance tidied up and the new admission booths being constructed. It will all be looking good for the new season.

• Like 1

Plenty of things have been going on at the OTA in the last couple of weeks with the main rhyne behind the terracing and clubhouse being piped, the lights finished on the driveway, main entrance tidied up and the new admission booths being constructed. It will all be looking good for the new season.

Sounds good. I agree the music is dire, stood by judges box one meeting and 30 minutes of 50's country and obscure rock was enough. Normally stand on home straight banking where you can't hear the music just a tick tick like you are standing next to someone with earphones. Better music and the loudspeaker on judges box turned to the right would be great, so home straight banking customers don't stand in silence.

• Like 1

Sounds good. I agree the music is dire, stood by judges box one meeting and 30 minutes of 50's country and obscure rock was enough. Normally stand on home straight banking where you can't hear the music just a tick tick like you are standing next to someone with earphones. Better music and the loudspeaker on judges box turned to the right would be great, so home straight banking customers don't stand in silence.

And we Wonder Why there's another Thread on this Forum on How to get youngsters to go to Speedway

Suggestion to those who dont like the music,lack of smell, programme price and all the moaning and groaning about the O T A GO TO NEWPORT OR READING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suggestion to those who dont like the music,lack of smell, programme price and all the moaning and groaning about the O T A GO TO NEWPORT OR READING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And soon with poor music, lack of smell and the price of the programme people will stop going to Somerset* as they did Newport. Then what?

*change for track of your choice, they're all the same.

Poor Response ,I am a geriatric Supporter , but Would love 2 Unlimited "are you ready for this" as pre race intro Music, Really Loud Volume ( or is that old hat now) , Promoters need to wake up, Newports Didnt

Poor Response ,I am a geriatric Supporter , but Would love 2 Unlimited "are you ready for this" as pre race intro Music, Really Loud Volume ( or is that old hat now) , Promoters need to wake up, Newports Didnt

Well said Billybikesspeedway! We are not moaning here, although some will always think we are, it's about improving the evenings entertainment at no, or little extra cost, so even if racing not that good, new people will think they had a good time. I don't think Somerset can have "really loud volume" because of neighbours, but with speakers better placed more people could hear it, and with some upbeat and rousing tunes you can create an atmosphere. Can never match Millenium Stadium but that's no reason not to try.

LOL - This has literally just made my day. It seems you're as clued up on the music world as you are the Speedway world.

:blink: Ok!!

Well said Billybikesspeedway! We are not moaning here, although some will always think we are, it's about improving the evenings entertainment at no, or little extra cost, so even if racing not that good, new people will think they had a good time. I don't think Somerset can have "really loud volume" because of neighbours, but with speakers better placed more people could hear it, and with some upbeat and rousing tunes you can create an atmosphere. Can never match Millenium Stadium but that's no reason not to try.

Bring back the chilli, that's what i say!!