British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
speedy bill

Buxton

Isn't there another round ?

Nope. It was a one semi final affair. The other 9 riders were seeded straight through to the final.

Nope. It was a one semi final affair. The other 9 riders were seeded straight through to the final.

Oh ok, bit out of touch what was the qualification criteria because a couple would have missed out Connor Dwyer being 1 that springs to mind but i'm not sure of the ages of others

Oh ok, bit out of touch what was the qualification criteria because a couple would have missed out Connor Dwyer being 1 that springs to mind but i'm not sure of the ages of others

Criteria? What criteria? I assume they just picked a few names out of a hat.

The seeded riders were the obvious ones, so Garrity, Nielsen etc...past that, it's smoke and mirrors.

Criteria? What criteria? I assume they just picked a few names out of a hat.

The seeded riders were the obvious ones, so Garrity, Nielsen etc...past that, it's smoke and mirrors.

It was decided on last years averages, but I've no idea how they separated the 3 pt riders.

To be fair there isn't time for a long-winded qualification process though that would of course be the most fair process. Whether two semi's could be run at different track on the same day is open to question. But then you have to consider the quality of the field and whether enough people would turn up and pay to see it.

• Like 1

To be fair there isn't time for a long-winded qualification process though that would of course be the most fair process. Whether two semi's could be run at different track on the same day is open to question. But then you have to consider the quality of the field and whether enough people would turn up and pay to see it.

To be honest, I would make everyone qualify. You already have a field of 16, plus 9 seeded, that's 25...is it such an ask to add 7 more riders? Grade everyone by previous average, and then split them into 2 even semi final's. Have them on different days within the same week, so that if a rider can't do one date but can do another they at least have a chance to swap. I don't like the idea of riders at NL level having to miss out on a national tournament due to having work commitments.

• Like 2

Well done to Matt on getting through to the Final. Plymouth isn't the easiest track to get around on your first visit. He did well as conditions were a bit iffy as well but he stayed on for 4 laps and reaped the benefit.

Interesting to see Rob Branford is listed as one of the seeded riders for the Final !!!!!!

Well done to Matt on getting through to the Final. Plymouth isn't the easiest track to get around on your first visit. He did well as conditions were a bit iffy as well but he stayed on for 4 laps and reaped the benefit.

Interesting to see Rob Branford is listed as one of the seeded riders for the Final !!!!!!

And why do you find that interesting Neil.

Chopper

Well done Matt Williamson getting to the under 21 final,he kept his cool whilst others lost it on a very tricky track.PLYMOUTH is not the easyist of tracks to ride on a dry night ,so to go and score points on the very first visit and in his very first speedway meeting was a great result for him.Hey Chopper keep your knickers on .

Edited by rider slider

And why do you find that interesting Neil.

Chopper

Hi Darrell, I thought I'd seen somewhere that Rob wasn't coming over this year but would be back next year. If he does come over, I'm sure he would be welcome at Buxton for a spin.

Hi Darrell, I thought I'd seen somewhere that Rob wasn't coming over this year but would be back next year. If he does come over, I'm sure he would be welcome at Buxton for a spin.

Ok Neil,

Robert flies in on the second of april and will be looking for any rides he can get.

Chopper

To be honest, I would make everyone qualify. You already have a field of 16, plus 9 seeded, that's 25...is it such an ask to add 7 more riders? Grade everyone by previous average, and then split them into 2 even semi final's. Have them on different days within the same week, so that if a rider can't do one date but can do another they at least have a chance to swap. I don't like the idea of riders at NL level having to miss out on a national tournament due to having work commitments.

So what if the rider picks his semi date because he's not working but can't make the final because he is working? We're talking a national championship here, if riders can't make it then tough. Or do we have to re-arrange the final to make sure everyone can make that too?

Shouldn't this discussion be moved to the relevant thread

Looks like we might have a trump card in Matt Williamson,if he can get round Plymouth he will be ok at Buxton.And Tommy whooly will do well,i dont know anything about Tailor Govier but if he can get a couple of points,that will do i was a bitt negative about the team at first but now i am looking forward to seeing them ride.roll on April 21.